X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Clothing Confessions

OK, i thought about posting a WAYWT picture today, i was looking really dapper, all black, wool sweater, slim jeans and a reaaly nice pair of oxfords for which i got al least three compliments today..............upon deciding to post the image, i realized something, that the brands i was wearing today, are brands i have really grown to dislike

the oxfords while nice, are by ICEBERG

the jeans are by BUFFALO

and the the sweater is by KENNETH COLE.

it led me to begin thinking about something,................ while i have lots of Dries, Margiela, Chalayan etc in my closet, i have tons of clothes by Varvatos, Prada, Marc Jacobs that i dont like and dont want to wear anymore, some of which i i at times am ashamed to say i own......... and even think "what got into me to buy these items"

I am almost certain that as i am human, this situation is not unique to me................

what do you own that you wish you didnt?[79][76]

what brands do you have in your closet that you wouldnt be caught dead in?

what pieces you have that you love, but hate the brand that made it?

I have confessed myclosetsins, I would lke to hear yours....................

ZB

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Clothing Confessions

hahaha! I love this thread Zamb!

Let's see....

In my closet, tucked way (way) back I have:

Versace V2 zip neck black merino sweater (it's actually pretty nice...)

Moschino ying yang fish gray tee

Prada gray pants

Prada sport tank

2 pairs of prada shoes/slip on ankle boots

dolce and gabbana red scarf

burberry tank (which actually isn't that bad either. I'd still rock it)

hmmm, I think that's it hahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• iSuck
      • Mar 2008

I think clothing can be fun and nostalgic. You can look back at something you have and remind yourself of the place and time you were in when you bought that and smile fondly...or laugh your ASS off.

Just recently when I was at Barneys I saw the N(N) blue/white stripe train conductor jeans and I thought to myself "Wait...I know these." Then I realized I had them from Diesel in like 2001 and remembered how back then $110 for a pair of jeans was still pretty rare. But, also, it reminded me of how I was starting to be able to finally go crazy and dress how I wanted to because I moved to college after going to a private school with a dress code.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I like this thread! whether its mall jeans or tacky designers, I'm sure most have some skeletons in their closet ;)

I personally clean my closet quite effectively every now and then and prefer not to keep crap I dont wear or like anymore, but some stuff is always left in.

I have a pair of Evisu jeans I wore about two years ago, a more low-key model though, but you know,still. I also have a couple of Evisu t-shirts and a Fake London jacket but to be honest, thejacket issomething I could still wear as its a plain olive cotton biker and could easily look like drkshdw or something, I still havent touched it ina long timethough.

I also have an Iceberg Jeans sweater, a friend of mine was heavily into the cartoon influenced Iceberg History line 5-6 years ago, the stuff rappers wore. Mickey Mouse t-shirts, Donald Duck etc. I hated the cartoon stuff butrobocopped some stuff from the Ice Jeans line. I think that one is still effectivebutthe stuff looks like crap. well, it did back then as well to be honest.I alsohave two D&G sweaters, one basically looks just like an army sweat, but heres the kicker - the other one is actually velour [74]

I think my worst one would be a pair of Lacoste sneakers. yes, I said it. I threw those away a few months ago and swear I hadn't worn them in atleast 2½ years. and they were the most simple and low-keymodel imaginable,I SWEAR.

disclaimer: the author of this post does not admit to wearing the garments mentioned in the textwithin the last year or even a longer time specified in the post. the garments exist purely because of bad taste and mistakes and should not reflect the personal style or taste of the author. All rights to modify or erase the post due to shame is reserved by the author.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• viridi
          • Mar 2008

digging the thread.

2002-2004: street wears,vintage etc

2004-mid 2007:most of my clothes purchased were DH, but yeah..i dont regretbeing such a DH buff.

and..in early 2006,since i met my dear Campbell in Komakino 1.0,i finally got a chance to buy stuff like Ann, Raf, Robert Carywilliams that i could only see from runway images or magazines before andheat still goes on.

and, i just so regret selling many of my N(N) items from early years(2003ss-2005ss)

i told Campbell i would never buy any N(N) shit after2005 coz 2005ss of N(N),the night crawler season, always stands on top of my heart and now hides in deep.

i like to see some Julius pieces(very femme ones) but i wont buy any from them.

i like to shit on Miharayasuhiro though they have been doing great.

and yeah..its clothing and we people on sz all love it.

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

Great thread, Zamb. Isn't it interesting how polarizing something such as a label can be?

Well. I have a confession to make.

I used to wear super baggy jeans and baby milo tees. That was six years ago. [79]

I also have a grey denim GStar jacket that I still wear from time to time.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Edit: double post.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• iSuck
                • Mar 2008

I like the timeline idea.

97-01: High School- uniform was khakis and shirt with a collar. Being in a coastal town they mainly came from the surf shops in Monterey and Santa Cruz. Stussy, Billabong, Quicksilver, O'Neil

01-02: Freshmen year of college in Santa Barbara. Initially, it was much of the same stuff (yes with Abercrombie & Fitch) as I was settling myself and becoming more aware that I was no longer at a prviate Catholic school. But, I was still on the coast so the whole town was very casual/surf inspired. However, thanks to Blue Bee's first paltry men's section, Bryan Lee and True Grit I was able to break out a bit more and was a little euro-trash college kid with Diesel, Energie and some other brands.

02-03: I soon discovered how close I was to LA and then started going down shopping a lot at the Beverly Center and around Melrose and typically bought a lot of D&G, Diesel, Free City and things like that.

03-05: I started progressing a little more and was big into Louis Vuitton, Pradaand YSL. I also began to go crazy for Jil Sander; but, never got much aside from the meager LA offerings at the time at Saks and Barneys. It was in this time that I also bought my first Thom Browne jacket (was going to be a suit; but, they sold the one I had on hold to Matt Dillon), several shirts and ties.

05-06: I was finally living in LA full time and then going to FIDM. I think being around a bunch of ridiculous wannabe fashionistas it turned me off really from anything flashy or outright displaying of a logo. Most of my efforts were focused still on Louis Vuitton (still really weren't putting any logos or monograms on clothing), Jil Sander and YSL.

06-Present: Moved to NY. Looked at my wardrobe and finally decided I could start buying a lot more suits and jackets. Was also working so that deemed it a bit more neccsary. Also, really big into outerwear since I can actually warrant the use of it. In about August 07 I decided that I was going to hone down my wardrobe and only continue to buy Thom Browne and Jil Sander. Really, I followed suit on that until last weekend when I bought some Rick Owens stuff.

Present: I realize that I buy something and create an "outfit" out of it and I never want to wear it any other way. Case and point is the Lanvin tux jacket I have in today's WAYWT post. I've really only ever worn this when I've had a party to go to and put on the big Lanvin floppy bowtie, patent loafers and all that jazz. I think I was depriving myself of things I really wanted to just relax and wear and be comfortable in on the weekends because first and foremost everything was "Can I wear this to work?" While on somedays I could get away wearing some loose pants, hightops and a long cardigan to work I never really know when an account may drop in and I'll have to be much more presentable. I guess really that is also while I have joined this message board (aside from men.style.com being dead and TFS being too sweet and cutsey al the time and StyleForum only offering so much), I've always looked at Chris. and Fumma and other cross posters and have really admired them. Yes, I've been aware of Rick Owens, Ann Dem, N(N) and that for a while; but, it was just never something I saw myself in. While now, who knows? Time to have fun!

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i bought a bunch of YSL tom ford stuff around 99/00. (have some suits for sale if anybody interested, yah right)
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

^ was that fords first ysl collection after hedi? My mind is going...

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

yes (i guess my TF stuff is from 00/01)

found this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2181542...7600067130640/

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

lovely photos... Too bad your stuff isn't that set P! I think those over at the Dior MSN forum would be all over it!

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

who knew TF would turn into such a douche

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

quite different from your waywt pics pnod [83]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

I have a nice classic plaid shirt from Burberry (a la Absolutely Fabulous) I used to wear in 01.

And some nice LV 'soccer' inspired sneakers from that era I never wear, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎