Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay
    • Mar 2008

This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Please list. To me it's Deisel or Bape. I am all for spending mortgage payments on beautiful pieces of clothing but just to not get the Deisel and Bape seen.
  • Bring The Noise
    • Feb 2008

Re: This designer (or brand) is trendy, overpriced and I cannot stand it.

Live and let live, I don't care how other people spend their money!

All designer clothing is overpriced depending on who you ask

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Ridiculous sums of money for "limited edition" Nike whatevers that you see on ebay all the time.

Same Vietnam factory, same little children hands, same box. The manager just decided to make 50 instead of 500,000.

Totally artificial market. They COULD make a million, they just choose to make 50 to hype that shit.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jorge Hache
        • Sep 2006

Marc Jacobs, juicy couture and dsquared...pure overprized crap

Comment

• Uncontrol
          • Feb 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Ridiculous sums of money for "limited edition" Nike whatevers that you see on ebay all the time.

Same Vietnam factory, same little children hands, same box. The manager just decided to make 50 instead of 500,000.

Totally artificial market. They COULD make a million, they just choose to make 50 to hype that shit.

[/quote]

This. I absolutely don't understand the obsession with Nikes period, but it's absurd how much people will pay for these.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

ccp. i feel like everyone on SZ loves him, can't go a day w/o seeing him everywhere. and if its got overlock, which it always does, add another $600 to the price.

same goes w MA+. 2500 for a coat the resembles a sleeping bag skinned in half that a hobo would wear? come on please, and that's just one example, don't get me started on the "aviator" you think it was a prop for Star wars or something w the fervor it generates among these adolescents.

and i really can't stand mr. alterlairi or however you spell his name or offshoots. i wish this guy had never "seized the day" and had stayed in his room smoking pot all day. you talk about trendy, the guy has created his own line of trendy trendsetters down to the well. i mean, who the hell can button these coats? like i'm supposed to pay more money for something that's backwards and doesn't really work because he has a phobia of buttons that he developed while seizing the day. and "continues" what does that mean anyway? everything continues even if your dead so what are you trying to tell me bro? and i think we can thank him for the concept of shit being old and rotten and one step away from the garbage, but hey, we're going keep that. why? bc it never goes on sale. thanks bro [Y]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ Johnny?! How did you get pnods screen name?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aruva
                • Dec 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

ccp. i feel like everyone on SZ loves him, can't go a day w/o seeing him everywhere. and if its got overlock, which it always does, add another $600 to the price.

same goes w MA+. 2500 for a coat the resembles a sleeping bag skinned in half that a hobo would wear? come on please, and that's just one example, don't get me started on the "aviator" you think it was a prop for Star wars or something w the fervor it generates among these adolescents.

and i really can't stand mr. alterlairi or however you spell his name or offshoots. i wish this guy had never "seized the day" and had stayed in his room smoking pot all day. you talk about trendy, the guy has created his own line of trendy trendsetters down to the well. i mean, who the hell can button these coats? like i'm supposed to pay more money for something that's backwards and doesn't really work because he has a phobia of buttons that he developed while seizing the day. and "continues" what does that mean anyway? everything continues even if your dead so what are you trying to tell me bro? and i think we can thank him for the concept of shit being old and rotten and one step away from the garbage, but hey, we're going keep that. why? bc it never goes on sale. thanks bro [Y]

[/quote]

Brilliant![Y]

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

we swapped. sorta like swapping wives. i gave pnids a box of cheap cognac and a coupla spliffs...i don't think we'll hear from him for awhile...

Comment

• Uncontrol
                    • Feb 2008

[quote user="philip nod"] same goes w MA+. 2500 for a coat the resembles a sleeping bag skinned in half that a hobo would wear? come on please, and that's just one example, don't get me started on the "aviator" you think it was a prop for Star wars or something w the fervor it generates among these adolescents.
                    [/quote]

Thank God I am not the only person who thinks this.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

you should see the MA+ thread where the other half of my mind disagrees and wins.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
                          • Jan 2007

hey wire artist i love your location of "Charles Bronson" reminds me of Once Upon a time in the West.

Comment

• Serendipper
                            • Mar 2008

Gucci.

I love some of their accessories, but the overall obnoxious air of the current Gucci phenom makes me want to wear clothes with no logo whatsoever for the rest of my life, if possible.

Comment

• jay
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="gutpocho"]Marc Jacobs, juicy couture and dsquared...pure overprized crap[/quote]

Could not agree with you more about D2. COMPLETE CRAP!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎