X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Secretside
    • Jul 2008

Gareth Pugh: Insensate

Conjuring a macabre phantasmagoria that unfurls before your eyes like a sinister but beautiful bloom, Insensate showcases the brutal geometry and raw creative fire of Gareth Pugh's A/W 2008 collection to truly bewitching effect. Set to a thundering, atmospheric soundtrack specially devised by artist Matthew Stone and utlising Pugh's twin cinematic inspirations of Predator and The Wizard of Oz as an aesthetic starting-point, this film takes us on a mesmerising, monochrome whirlwind ride, creating a chilling yet compelling world of complex reflection, refraction and glittering incandescence melting in and out of inky black.
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

that's a nice worthless aquarius records type description there

Comment

• Jon
      • Apr 2008

from dazed (collaboration w/ nick knight)? LINK
      Originally posted by merz
      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Secretside
        • Jul 2008

the film was made in collaboration with nick/showstudio -- the link to the video is attached to the image (just in case anyone missed it).

Nick Knight showcased the brutal geometry of Gareth Pugh's A/W 08 collection in a dark, witchy fashion film and Dazed editorial.

Comment

• electric_alyce
          • Mar 2008

God, I love the soundtracks of Mathew, almost the best part of it all
          Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Conjuring a macabre phantasmagoria that unfurls before your eyes like a sinister but beautiful bloom, Insensate showcases the brutal geometry and raw creative fire of Gareth Pugh's A/W 2008 collection to truly bewitching effect. Set to a thundering, atmospheric soundtrack specially devised by artist Matthew Stone and utlising Pugh's twin cinematic inspirations of Predator and The Wizard of Oz as an aesthetic starting-point, this film takes us on a mesmerising, monochrome whirlwind ride, creating a chilling yet compelling world of complex reflection, refraction and glittering incandescence melting in and out of inky black.
            Paging Alan Sokal
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Paging Alan Sokal
              To be fair it properly describes what goes on in the video. Not that I'm a hige fan of what has been done but I wouldn't say the goal is to obscure inasmuch as to give it a sheen of intellect.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                To be fair it properly describes what goes on in the video. Not that I'm a hige fan of what has been done but I wouldn't say the goal is to obscure inasmuch as to give it a sheen of intellect.
                Right (although I see neither Terminator nor Wizard of Oz). By the way, Beyonce looks good in the opening...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stylekills
                  • Nov 2008

the predator/wizard of oz references were the inspirations pugh declared at the point of the show.

I would be interested as to how someone else would succinctly synopsis a non-narrative film like this.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stylekills View Post
                    the predator/wizard of oz references were the inspirations pugh declared at the point of the show.

I would be interested as to how someone else would succinctly synopsis a non-narrative film like this.
                    Beyonce in Gothic Wonderland

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• editevening
                      • Nov 2008

ya i agree.. soundtrack is the best part where as the visuals are meh.
                      #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

yeah i think Beyonce in general has been rocking the Pugh quite well...then again, bein a childhood crush of mine, I think she looks good in anything.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Definitely got the Predator feel with the hand positions and sharp fingertips... as for the Wizard of Oz...

pretty cool video though!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            Definitely got the Predator feel with the hand positions and sharp fingertips... as for the Wizard of Oz...

pretty cool video though!
                            Part 2.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• noerml
                              • May 2008

call me stupid ..but how do i download the full picture? (obviously no the pdf file ^^)

is there a way to save the whole flash file zoomed in?
                              And through their parting lids there came and went
                              Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎