X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roupas
    • Jan 2009

Chalayan exhibition in London

Leading the forefront of contemporary fashion design, the twice named 'British Designer of the Year,' Hussein Chalayan, is renowned for his innovative use of materials, meticulous pattern cutting and progressive attitudes to new technology.

This exhibition will be the first comprehensive presentation of Hussein Chalayan’s work in the UK. Spanning fifteen years of experimental projects, the exhibition explores Hussein Chalayan's creative approach, his inspirations and the many themes which influence his work such as cultural identity, displacement and migration.

Exhibits will include ‘Afterwords’ which explores the notion of ‘wearable, portable architecture’ in which furniture literally transforms itself into garments; ‘Airborne’ bringing the latest LED technology to fashion design with a spectacular dress consisting of Swarovski crystals and over 15,000 flickering LED lights; ‘Before Minus Now’ a dress made of materials used in aircraft construction which changes shape by remote control and ‘Readings’ a dress comprising of over 200 moving lasers presenting an extraordinary spectacle of light.
  • BECOMING-INTENSE
    • Jan 2008

Thank you so much for posting this, I had
    totally forgot about this Chalayan exhibit.
    Don't miss this one!
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Wish I was there. What a brilliant designer. I bet you droogist has paid a homage already. Does this exhibition have a catalogue?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
        • Jan 2008

^A day return, by train, from Paris and you are there!
        Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

in my diary maybethis weekend or friday depend on workload

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Snafu, did you go? Need the catalogue, if there is one.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

sorry not yet will do though been crazy busy workload
              plus family member just passed so seeing my folks this weekend

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

my condolences :-(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

thanks man will pick up lots of stuff when i go

Comment

• roupas
                    • Jan 2009

There's a short interview with Chalayan on Dazed & Confused:

Dazed has partnered up with the Design Museum to celebrate the new Hussein Chalayan exhibition and we go behind the scenes of Dazed's exclusive shoot with Hussein.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

A much more in depth interview from hintmag.com here with some photos.

I love what he says about the weather! I always think about it, and I've never come across anyone taking this subject up in an academic manner.
                      Last edited by Faust; 02-16-2009, 12:32 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

thanks for the hintmag link Faust, very good read, also here is a link to his site http://www.husseinchalayan.com . there is alot of stuff there to be had, Past collections, artwork etc............
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• swami
                          • Jul 2008

Thats a great read thanks, One remark really left me perplexed though. Why would he actually contemplate changing or dropping his name to be more accepted. If anything he should strive harder to have his name accepted as is and recognized along with his body of work. Isnt the final goal acceptance and to destroy discrimination?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yea, that was strange. Maybe it was just a provocation to make us think exactly that?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

And now the exhibit has moved to Paris. Motherfuckers, couldn't start a week earlier?

"PARIS — In the world of Hussein Chalayan, a dress is something that can be buried, dispatched via airmail, change shape like an airplane wing or light up a room.

His first major retrospective, which opens at Les Arts Décoratifs here Tuesday, assembles spellbinding creations and performances over a 17-year career that has stretched the boundaries of fashion possibility."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎