X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

rumour - THE FACE to be revived

Key executives at Bauer Media, including chief executive Paul Keenan and Geoff Campbell, the managing director of its men's unit, have enlisted former FHM editor Anthony Noguera to oversee the proposals, which are likely to result in the brand resurfacing next year in a new format.

According to sources, the publisher is contemplating a number of options for the new brand, including relaunching it as a digital-only proposition, a free magazine or a subscription-only title.

Bauer Media, which owns the brand's trademark after it acquired the magazine's former owner Emap Consumer Media, has ruled out reviving The Face in its previous incarnation of a monthly, paid-for news-stand title.

Sources have revealed that the plans "are very active" and Bauer executives have already sounded out one leading advertising agency over the plans to relaunch the brand.

The Face, which played a key role in defining popular culture in the 1980s, was launched in 1980 and in its pomp posted a circulation of nearly 80,000 copies.

The title closed in 2004 after Emap decided it was no longer financially viable and a buyer could not be found.

Rob Lynam, press account director at Mediaedge:cia, said: "There was a lot of talk at the time about The Face coming back in some form. It will create opportunities in areas where they don't have any at the moment."

Bauer Media declined to comment, other than to say it has no current plans to relaunch The Face.
  • Alesha
    • Apr 2009

Quite curious that mediaedge:cia comments ;)
    Originally posted by interest1
    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I don't know the old mag, but i hear it was some kind of a bible, a la i-D?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

I have a mini archive of The Face.
        It definatley was a fantastic magazine.I would love to see it relaunched,but to be headed by an ex editor of FHM seems a bit
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I don't know the old mag, but i hear it was some kind of a bible, a la i-D?
          that's a fair comparison, but i feel arena homme+ was much more similar. the face of course is better than both of these, basically before being 'edgy' was trendy.

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

weird, the arena homme+ is made out of the old the face office.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              I have a mini archive of The Face.
              It definatley was a fantastic magazine.I would love to see it relaunched,but to be headed by an ex editor of FHM seems a bit
              no kidding. sounds like a

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
                • Apr 2009

I think FHM will sell it to Diesel.

Than it will become EPIC FAIL.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• seenmy
                  • May 2009

it will be interesting to find out more on the plans,the FHM assosiation should be ignored, if you look at where the guy has been before it makes more sense, also with POP being relaunched later this year from bauer.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎