Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

^ god i love this , i like how the 2 parts come together in the back kinda like a cape . lots of stuff here looks ostensibly unwearable like most runway cdg but at the same time i get this strong feelin that this collection would be rly easy to wear . i kno that prolly doesnt make much sense , it just feels so clean and almost simple . prol one of my faves from cdg in a while and ironically its womens rtw which i pay very little attention to

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Well, this is cool. Pretty much unwearable, but we don't care in Rei's case, right?
      my thoughts exactly.

I liked the first 2-3 looks in particular, and this was pretty cool:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ronin
        Banned
        • Dec 2009

I love this, this is outstanding, bordering on genius. I see this collection as the expression of a "fashion cancer". Or the result of some degenerated experiment. Degenerated cells spreading, choking the initial body of cloth. Straps of pleather growing to constrict the clean white pure clinical suit or hang from it like dead organs; garments sprouting from unfit places, they seem to be growing like morbid organic protuberances, they have mutated and started living a life of their own, sucking the life out of the base garment; or they hang, piling up covering the body of cloth, like corpses of garments, emptied, dried out. Garments don't grow like they should, they separate, grow asymetricaly, eat on each other space. They even multiply, mutating in the process, we are witnessing an imperfect garment mitosis.
        I don't think I can ever truly dislike a CDG collection, but this is definitely a favourite. I like to think of it as the expression of the sickness of fashion, fast-fashion running towards a degenerative state.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          my thoughts exactly.

I liked the first 2-3 looks in particular, and this was pretty cool:
          Cool pics, but does this mean the harvey two face jackets are simply an artifact of styling? I was really liking some of the asymmetrical db jacket looks where the longer length hits above the knee giving the illusion of a skirt. Either way, a very interesting collection.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I'm afraid that they might all be combinations of multiple jackets, instead of actually being half and half, which would've made them wearable. I have no idea how this translates to the garments that will be sold, though?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Don't think it's just styling. If you look closely at the pic Arto posted, the section at the back is made up of three jackets - the two from the front and a third in the middle - so they must be connected in some structural way.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Thanks, TarHart for posting the link - now I get a totally different perspective. Keep telling fashion photographers how important the back shots are.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

this is great, very solid showing from rei and the cdg team has won Paris for me this week.

I'm very fond of the nonpracticality of this collection, and also the fact that it translates to difficulty going from runway to store floor. Like the equally layered (but much less complex) "sweat" collection from H+, it forces the wearer to think more creatively when appropriating this into a personal wardrobe. I'd like to see how it's done, deviating as far from expectations gained after viewing the show as possible.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

LOVE this.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      this is great, very solid showing from rei and the cdg team has won Paris for me this week.

I'm very fond of the nonpracticality of this collection, and also the fact that it translates to difficulty going from runway to store floor. Like the equally layered (but much less complex) "sweat" collection from H+, it forces the wearer to think more creatively when appropriating this into a personal wardrobe. I'd like to see how it's done, deviating as far from expectations gained after viewing the show as possible.
                      So you are saying you love that no one will buy this except Daphnie Guiness and Lady Gaga?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

They will buy it, except in bits and pieces rather than entire looks, unless they have the money to do so. It's the former which I'm more interested in anyway.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• tweeds
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Don't think it's just styling. If you look closely at the pic Arto posted, the section at the back is made up of three jackets - the two from the front and a third in the middle - so they must be connected in some structural way.
                          Judging from the way the third jacket falls, the joint begins right below the collar? Looking forward to looking at the construction of this piece in store; hopefully each jacket can be worn in three different combinations.
                          SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• Ochre
                            • Sep 2009

A quick video of the final garments from the show (if anyone can find a full-length one I'd love to see it).

I think the music sounds awesome, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎