X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

and now, to add salt to my festering wounds,Mariano just blew his first save if the season

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

there is nothing more competitive than a one handed Argentine!

go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        there is nothing more competitive than a one handed Argentine!

go Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
        they really ain't that good and Duncan,as great as he was, looks old

the knick's inempt play in last nite's game was the worst display of pro basketball that I ever had the misfortune of watching.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

I didn't watch the knicks game because of Sabbath.........goes to show you now why Jeffries needed to make that layup or Dunk, cause at least it would've been 2-1 now instead of 3-0
          so tomorrow you would be looking to tie the series instead of trying to avoid an embarrassment of a sweep on your home floor and an inevitable at this point series defeat.

I've been an unwavering Spurs fan since 2003 when Duncan put that epic butt whipping on Shaq Kobe, Phil jackets on the Lakers organization on their home floor
          I am hoping they can do the impossible but I honestly don't believe they will win it all.
          this team is at least good enough to get to the conference finals, but the bench has to play better.
          I still believe they will get past Memphis though. even though its going to be a long series, cause the front line of Memphis is just too big. McDyess and Blair are undersized and Duncan has lost a step defensively I was hoping Splitter would be better, but Spurs have always won with a big front line, they haven't had that for the last few years..............Its a shame in Duncans last few years they haven't gotten him a great front court mate worthy of his talent.

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
          they really ain't that good and Duncan,as great as he was, looks old

the knick's inempt play in last nite's game was the worst display of pro basketball that I ever had the misfortune of watching.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Ok,

i'm predicting the Miami Heat will be 2011 NBA Champions.............

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

I hope you're wrong but I gotta suspicion you're not

the knicks series was a monumental let down.. future of d'antoni & walsh????

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

I hope you're wrong but I gotta suspicion you're not

the knicks series was a monumental let down.. future of d'antoni & walsh????
                D'antoni and Walsh will be fine for at least another year............at least if Dolan isnt a Damn idiot.

D'antoni is flawed but he isn't the problem, this roster is screwed up, Billups is no longer great, and even at his best isn't suited for this type of fast breaking basketball as such there isn't really a true point guard on the team. Knicks need a bruiser inside who can give them 10+ rebounds a night and finish on putbacks.

If you wanna blame someone for this sweep, blame damn Jared Jeffries..............goes to show how a single play can really change an entire series. Had he dunked the damn ball Knicks would've stole home court and extended the series for Amare to get healthier and possibly Billups return..............the idiot made a mess of an epic performance by Carmelo Anthony.

Also, its a disgrace what is happening in Orlando..........you have the most important player in the league and being embarrassed by a team of B and C average (at best) players?

watching Trevor Ariza giving Kobe fits right now...............LOL

Yes, I don't see anyone beating the Heat, and you all can forget about the Bulls cause no team has ever won a championship without dominant bigs and Boozer and Noah aint doin it
                Last edited by zamb; 04-24-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

I agree with everything you wrote. the big knock on d'antoni is the no d thng but,as was clearly shown against the celts, playin' d is just about a commitment and effort.

and yeah, there are a few ex knicks making major contributions in this round

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

I agree with everything you wrote. the big knock on d'antoni is the no d thng but,as was clearly shown against the celts, playin' d is just about a commitment and effort.

and yeah, there are a few ex knicks making major contributions in this round
                    the problem is D'antoni doesnt have to Coach Defense............walsh and Dolan should insist that he hire a defensive coordinator on his staff.........the same way Doc Rivers had Thibs and hired lawrence Frank after Thibodeau was hired by the bulls............

the hallmark of great people isnt the ability to do everything well, but to surround yourself with people who are strong in the areas you are weak...............

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                      like zydrunas ilgauskas & erick dampier!?

A big does not mean necessarily playing center...........like 6'8 and above who are physical and great or at least very good rebounders..........

Like Pippen and Rodman

Like Lebron at 6'8" / 250 lbs and Bosh at 6'10 who can give you 10 rebounds and 15+ points in a series.

I could easily see Lebron Playing the 4 and Bosh playing the five against Boozer and Noah in a series...............

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

yes, i actually agree, although i would definitely hesitate to call bosh dominant. lebron, no question.

it's strange, but i can't really single out any team that i think has a huge upper hand over anyone else. & that's pretty exciting.

will be watching Mavs/blazers intently tonight. if the Mavs lose the series, i can see this being the end of the dirk era/beginning of rebuilding.

I think Bosh was overrated in Toronto and now he is underrated in Miami
                        he is a good player, one of the best PF in the game and he has an excellent mid range game. the problem is that he isn't strong enough to be a physical post player, but he can give you very good rebounding numbers, which is something the Heat will need to be able to win, as they are not a great half court team.

I think the Mavs/ Portland series is a toss up, with the Mavs only having a slight edge because of their experience. Portland is better because of Gerald Wallace all round game and because they have a better bench than Dallas.
                        As much as mark Cuban spends, the Mavs has been more a victim of circumstances.......in 2006 when they were lucky to upset the Spurs, get to the Finals, and be up 2-0, they were screwed by the greatness of Wade, helped by the referees Whistles.

there are several teams that have raised championship banners that have been helped by screwed up refereeing...............2002 Lakers being the prime example

the Problem with Dallas is that they've never taken Dirk for what he really was and allowed him to be that, they've asked him to change his game and it affected the Mavs.........He is without question the greatest shooting big this league has ever seen, but he isn't a great rebounder and post player.........he is more suited to play SF that PF, but he has been forced to play PF and C which he isnt.
                        the only way the Mavs can win is if Kidd outplays Andre Miller and Chandler gives you some offense to outshine Camby's rebounding. this is the only way they win as Portlands bench is better

I am worried about the Spurs and Memphis.............I was always fearful of the Spurs weaknesses upfront, but Popovitch has to play Splitter to some extent, to help with Gasol cause Mcdyess and Bonner isn't going to do it.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Damn.................

My Spurs are in Big trouble

about to go down 3-1 to the Grizzlies..............

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Philly knocked off by Miami and Zach Randolph just made a huge shot

Seems my Spurs are about to be done for the season........

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

overtime!

Never underestimate and old warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are against the ropes, a younger team with a bigger more athletic front court, but the Spurs are the greatest organization in basketball for a reason!

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Pop should put Tiago in the game,
                                they would have a better chance this next five minutes.......

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎