No announcement yet.

Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme FW11 Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think a man dressed in yohji is just what my heart is longing for.

Comment

• ashamed
      • Jan 2011

^ so cute

Comment

• magnusl00
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
        It's difficult to play fashionista using YY clothing, it usually smash you to earth and give you a flawed and utterly human look. It's not that weird that he's trying to dress the regular man, the dignified being. Even though is clothing is so expensive, that message works. I like the idea of looking like a living thing, which flaws, decay and brave enough to make mistakes.

YY runaways are far better on video, aw10 was a neat example (his best runaway ever)
        Where can we find a video of aw10??

Comment

• stadsvandringar
          • Aug 2008

For the people into the shoes (and there aren't many)... After talking with the shop staff, these were part of the collaboration with adidas to celebrate the 10th year of their collaboration. Most are limited to 300 pieces and only available in Japan. I can't say they did much for me in person...

A new shipment hit the stores in JP, some really brightly colored longsleeved shirts for some reason, the brown jacket with red leather collar (also available as a coat) and those tapestry coats. The tweeds, which I am looking forward to most, are not supposed to hit until November.

By the way, for videos try youtube. It is amazing.

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

Ahh ok, thanks for the info. I saw the X Anniversary registration on the Y-3 website and signed up, but didn't make the connection. Will have to wait and see what else they release if you didn't think the shoes were all that good I guess.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• stadsvandringar
              • Aug 2008

They've also got some t-shirts which aren't that great either. They've just got the yohji & adidas logos with a big x between them. Pretty boring.

Comment

• magnusl00
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                They've also got some t-shirts which aren't that great either. They've just got the yohji & adidas logos with a big x between them. Pretty boring.
                You didn't see any overalls in the Tokyo shops for this a/w? I know it wasn't shown on the runway but im desperately looking for a pair...

Comment

• chameleon
                  • Jun 2008

Have anyone seen the patchwork and herringbone jackets/suits in person? Apparently for the patchwork stuff, they've "scanned" 7 different kinds of tweed fabrics, arranged it into block patterns and then printed it on to 100% silk velvet fabric. The pattern is different for every single item. Same method for the herringbone, scanned pattern printed onto silk velvet.

I'm guessing the fabric and technique involved factor into the cost quite a bit because just the jackets cost just shy of 190k, which is pretty high for Japan retail. Adding the strong yen, I'm assuming this is why I haven't seen any western online stores buying them.

Comment

• Ivwri
                    • Jun 2011

One of the SA's in Maxfields LA sent me a few pictures of their buy for this season and they have both styles of jacket in. If anyone's in LA... :D
                    Tumblr

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                      • Aug 2008

They aren't yet available in Japan, so I haven't seen them. It sounds similar to what they did with the patchwork jackets last season, one of which I do have. Prices sound similar too. Looking at last year's, the quality is great as you would expect, cut was maybe a bit more slim as yohji has been doing lately... Anything else you wanted to know?

Comment

• Ivwri
                        • Jun 2011

Any idea how warm they might be/are? The silk velvet mix sounds awesome. Very tempted by the herringbone blazer.
                        Tumblr

Comment

• chameleon
                          • Jun 2008

D, are you still in Japan? I think these were just delivered, at least this info was provided by the Yohji store @ OIOI. Maybe they're not up for sale yet? Should be soon though. Sounds good from your description of last year's. I didn't know they employed a similar technique for those patchwork suits. The material is different though, right? No, I just wanted to give heads up to anyone who might see this in person, and just report on material and fit if possible. Looks great in pictures.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                            • Aug 2008

No, I'm unfortunately back in the states now. I checked some yohji stores before I left and no herringbone. The SAs told me October or November though.

It does sound like the material is different. Last year's was 100% wool. But the technique with the "scanning" is the same I believe. I can't comment on the warmth of this season's, although it sounds like it wouldn't be too heavy if we're talking about a silk mix. In my experience yohji's mixed material pieces tend to be lighter anyway.

Comment

• Ivwri
                              • Jun 2011

Was planning on posting this a while back, but for some reason SZ blocks my home internet. Anyway...

So, I was at the Paris store (Rue Cambon) last month and had the good fortune of seeing a good majority of the FW pieces in person and trying some of them on. Do bear in mind that this is my first time trying on so much Yohji stuff so your mileage may vary.

The wool gabardine pants with the raw seams on the pockets and the tapered leg is an excellent pair of pants. The drop crotch is great and I liked how the taped on raw seams were discreet and yet noticeable at the same time. The way the fabric moves when walking in them is really nice.

The velvet herringbone blazer I tried on was surprisingly quite light and moved so nicely when open. I thought it would be warmer, but it seemed like I would be able to wear it in a tropical environment (provided one was not going to be outside on a hot day for most of the time). The cut is excellent and I really like the pattern of the lining for the sleeves which was repeated in another jacket I ended up buying. The velvet blazer was almost 3000 euros!

There's another jacket which I believe is a variation of one of the runway pieces with a button able collar. The buttons are great and chunky and the way the blazer hangs when open because of the weight of the buttons and the cut of the jacket itself makes it very interesting. It is also possible to button the collar in two ways so that the buttons are hidden by the button hole side of the jacket or vice versa.

I also tried on the shirt/jacket hybrid which was also in a similar wool gabardine fabric as the raw seam pants. I really liked this piece and I am definitely going to be picking it up soon. It can be worn as shown on the runway or completely open with a tshirt underneath. It hangs very well and is way more wearable than I originally thought. It does hang very differently on different people though as between myself, the sales assistant I saw on the second day I was there and the two models on the runway there's being some pretty large variation in the way it hangs on the body. It works for me though.

I also tried on one of the long coats and I really liked the inner strap allowing one to have the coat open yet restricted. It also had a very nice and subtle pleat/fold on both sides of the front of it, giving it an interesting look when buttoned up all the way.

I didn't try on anything else, but the various fabric hands and so on of the different pieces in the store were al very cool. There was a rumpled, boiled wool feeling blazer and matching pants with a blue pinstripe that looked really nice, but were quite heavy so I didn't try that on as I was only trying on pieces I was interested in buying.]

Would have posted some pics of me trying on the stuff in the store, but not sure what the policy is on that on the site as I haven't reached 25 posts yet, but if anyone is interested, just let me know and I can PM you.

Hope this wasn't too long and was helpful in some way. The stuff all looked great on the racks and I was there with two people who are not into fashion at all and they were all very impressed with the clothes they saw. I think one of them would have even picked up a jacket if the prices didn't scare him away :D.
                              Tumblr

Comment

• Ivwri
                                • Jun 2011

Thanks! You will definitely not regret picking up one of those long coats. Not heavy at all.

I didn't look at the price either
                                Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎