Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

I stand corrected. In the picture above I can see the yellow layer peeking out from the waistband and the fly of the silk pants. Looking forward to seeing those in person.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

aw niet! was sure she was going to consistently move her aesthetic forward with some sharkskin.
      Last edited by christianef; 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• semper
        • Feb 2009

leather veiled in silk....
        sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• Metrosexual
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Geart garments again.
          However, i am too small to fit the ANN dem clothes..what a pity.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            Can't wait to hear what Faust thinks about this.
            Kunk, I agree with you and I think this is solid, with plenty of stuff I have seen before reworked and evolved, but I liked SS11 so much that this feels like just the tiniest bit of a letdown...
            However, if this was Rick I would be all over it and praise the consistent vision, etc etc blah blah. Guess I selfishly wanted her to drop the waist-coated poet stuff in favour of something more minimal, as she did in SS11.
            Sorry for the late reply - Paris fashion week won't let me out of its clutches.

I thought it was a beautiful collection, doubly so between the venue and the music, which totally worked together. Maybe I am biased because they sat me right behind Patti Smith and in between her musicians. Took all my strength not to ask her for an autograph.

I like a lot of the clothes - the blazers with tux buttons, the slim pants, the triple-lace boots, the fold-over boots and the two-buckle boots, and I wish I was tall so I could wear the gauntlets. I also liked the rain splatter pattern. I was not crazy about the long coats, mostly because I love vents, and they have none.

Now to answer some questions - the pants are indeed two different pairs, the sheer over the regular. You can get the sheer pants separately. The cummerbunds are a part of the jackets/blazers, not stand alone pieces. I will post some pictures from the showroom in a few days when I get back to the states, but feel free to ask questions. And don't worry, there are plenty of knits, they just weren't shown on the runway.

P.S. For the fans of old stuff in small sizes (and girls!) - THE BOOTS are being rereleased for Collection Blanche!!! with rounder toes, too.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

Thank you very much Faust for the description. It sounds wonderful,
              with Patti and all. I'm eagerly anticipating your
              photographs.

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
              PARIS, January 22, 2011
              By Tim Blanks

"It's not deconstruction," she said sharply (...) "It's a new way to give movement." She was right. The hermetic layering of her clothing in the past had been opened up to the world, and it was inviting.
              I like this very much. Movement opened up upon the world.
              Movements broadening and spilling over.
              Inviting and connecting ...

I look only at the movements

- Søren Kierkegaard Fear and Trembling(1843)

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 01-24-2011, 02:03 PM.
              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

Lovely, lovely.
                This is it for me so far, this collection has really won me. So complete and without compromise. Models, styling... and the shoes/boots many too choose from. Perfect. Colour, shape, form, layering, sharp tailoring and volume all done with ease...

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

The pants are reminiscent of the silk chiffon over cotton jersey hoodie and track pants they have been doing for the past several seasons at Lanvin. Just slimmer and well, more Ann.

Originally posted by DRRRK
                  The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

idk ... i like it but i like most ann collections . nothin here that makes me excited tho . i looked thru the images and was like " ya nice ... next " . its very ann , its all nice , but i dont see a gotdang thing that makes me wanna run out and preorder that shit cos i like it that much

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Since patti smith is in the mix, everybody should read "just kids"
                      Her story of her friendship with mapplethorpe. You won't find a more beautiful book.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• The Great Destroyer
                        • Nov 2010

Really loving this!

Reminds me of FW09 but more playful. The splashes of color works beautifully and except for some of the coats I think all of this is stellar.

Something that surprised me is that all of the leather jackets look amazing. Not that there has ever been anything wrong really with Ann's leather but they have hardly been her signature a la Rick. The sheer over regular pants combination is a very cool concept and something that I really look forward to handling and experimenting with in person.

Oh and the gloves are must have for next winter!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

A few pictures from the showroom below. Had a nice chat with Ann - she seemed relaxed and content (as much as the fashion week allows!).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Love the grey coat and the slashed effect. Her collections often grow on me when I can see the details of the individual pieces removed from the heavy styling.
                            music

Comment

• birdytg
                              • Feb 2010

Simply one of the three best fall/winter collections! (imo)
                              A mix between 19th century and contemporary styles seems to be Ann's reply to the crisis and it's gloom...
                              http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                              http://www.birdytg.com
                              www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                              http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• triumphoftiredeyes
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                Since patti smith is in the mix, everybody should read "just kids"
                                Her story of her friendship with mapplethorpe. You won't find a more beautiful book.
                                Definitely recommend this book as well. Quick read, but enjoyable and I was a gush at the end (movies never cry, I guess I rarely connect with a character from a movie).

Back to Ann I'm loving the gloves and the lavender jacket from the showroom shots. Thank you, Faust.
                                "Men are the dreams of shadows." - Pindar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎