Banned
    • May 2008

style is great but that leather looks very thin IMO

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

Originally posted by semper View Post
      oh it is Reich, I didn't know.

I don't like the performance. What sounds like a double stop - I'm no expert on violin technique btw- has an e as a continuing top note that is too low all the time. When it ends on a fourth interval with the bottom melody, the interval is too small. Maybe Reich wrote it like that on purpose, but I highly doubt it.
      If you play an interval that way once, you can get away with it as being expressive, but when you play it 40 times it gets all the focus.

Well perhaps I'm overreacting. I've performed a lot of Renaissance music, where intonation is much more refined than it is now. My ears are ruined.
      In Violin Phase, two violins are recorded and played back, together at first. They are then made to go slowly out of sync by adding silence to one of the tapes. A new melody is formed by the interaction of the two out of sync instruments and is then accented by a third violin. This process is repeated with variations throughout the rest of the piece.

Comment

• semper
        • Feb 2009

^ thanks for clarifying that.
        I still don't like it.
        I earn a living out of performing contemporary music, but in fact there is so little music from the past 40 years that I like and listen to voluntarily.
        sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• upsilonkng
          • May 2010

well so do I. but there's so much good music out there and this is a great piece, but I've always enjoyed more modern stuff. I think it's important to remember that each song/piece is an idea as well as a song/piece. This is and still is a great idea as it(the riff) shifts a little constantly and fucks w/ your notion of time. Reich did this often as there's a famous piece he does w/ a mic swinging from one side to the other. These ideas all help us out of our own little world and changes people's perception of what exactly is a song. Just on that merit alone I think it's completely worthwhile and amazing. Plus I've loved this song for so long I've probably listened to it hundreds of times. As w/ all arts on a personal level I think if you aren't pushing something beyond what people's idea of what it is, it's not really art. one of my all time favorite quotes .. "art should be like a pebble in your shoe." Lars Von Trier

Comment

• shotgunmessenger
            • May 2010

anyone with an idea on the pricepoint for some of these pieces, leathers specifically?

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by shotgunmessenger View Post
              anyone with an idea on the pricepoint for some of these pieces, leathers specifically?
              lots and lots of money....................
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• matts
                • Feb 2011

Couple of pieces are up here. Nothing's available at the moment but you get an idea of the prices.

Comment

• humancrack
                  • Feb 2008

yo, mindblown. 4g's for that parka?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

is it me or are these online stores multiplying exponentially? hilarious how every one of them is stocking rick. maybe $4000 fishtail parka is a balmain piece mislabeled?
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

cheaper than running a brick and mortar i guess

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by humancrack View Post
                        yo, mindblown. 4g's for that parka?
                        Shearling is almost always shockingly expensive. Prices are definitely high, but I can't say I'm surprised to see shearling cost quite a lot.

I'm definitely not a fan of the buttflaps on a fair number of pieces.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

was never a huge cloak fan but regardless, not very impresses with what I've seen thus far

Comment

• H-R
                            • May 2007

Seems that Park & Bond is affiliated with Gilt? The cross-over shirt looks really interesting, reminds me of the one that Ann did in her most recent SS collection.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Prices seem pretty normal, even on the cheaper side compared to Ann or Rick. I'm pleasantly surprised by the price of the tailored wear, like the asymmetric wool coat and the blazer.

The price of the shearling lined parka is the only thing that's totally wack. It may have a shearling lining, but it's still just a cotton canvas outside...
                              music

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

What does that matter? 90% of the cost is probably the shearling. Even if it were wrapped in tin foil it wouldn't affect the price THAT much.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎