• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Robert Geller FW11, New York

Not bad.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

I'm not very much into this; it sort of reminds me of Ann, which is good, but then again it's not Ann - those leather vests look quite ugly imo. I guess one could say it's much better than his previous offerings though... Also, those jeans hurt my eyes.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Zenith
              • Jun 2009

While the tailoring looks sharp and well fitted, everything seems so terribly mismatched. You have snoods, bleached jeans, glitter stud belts, shawls, tipped shirts/polos, chambray shirts. Very erratic.

Comment

• BUMMER
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                I'm not very much into this; it sort of reminds me of Ann, which is good, but then again it's not Ann - those leather vests look quite ugly imo. I guess one could say it's much better than his previous offerings though... Also, those jeans hurt my eyes.
                Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                While the tailoring looks sharp and well fitted, everything seems so terribly mismatched. You have snoods, bleached jeans, glitter stud belts, shawls, tipped shirts/polos, chambray shirts. Very erratic.
                Yes, there's usually a bit of Ann in Geller's collections. (And I have to admit that waistcoat isn't my favorite part of the collection.) But Geller has always had his own take on color. (See his use of past use of greys, plums, blues..) I like how he uses his colors to express sensitivity while remaining moody. You can trace this eye for color (along with his styling sense) back to the Cloak days..
                And yes, the items don't go together in a textbook way. Many items are divided within the collection: Jersey suit pants with leather jackets etc.
                But again, it's the sense of color that brings it together, mixed with that bit of scruffy insouciance that makes it work.
                Maybe level the ''erratic'' criticism at the FW10 collection if you really want to, but I don't see it being as much of a problem here.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

I find this collection to be pretty silly, personally. We've all been giving Raf endless flak for his body-belts-on-men (something I think he's actually been successful with on a few occasions - unlike here). A lot of this goes back and forth between odd (double breasted leather jacket with non-leather sleeves?) and derivative (outfit #5 looks like a hedi reject). I don't see many individual pieces that I couldn't see finding elsewhere already.

Some of the studded pieces seem nice but are so of the moment (if anything falling out of the moment) that I couldn't really imagine buying them (unless I needed something to match my louboutins). The Lad Musician studded pieces from a few seasons ago seemed a lot more interesting. The bomber in #13 looks nice.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

robert geller provides pr for plokhov's talent that no money or pr agency could buy

Comment

• BBYY
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      robert geller provides pr for plokhov's talent that no money or pr agency could buy
                      The eternal debate of who was the head behind Cloak... boring. There was Cloak before Geller, Cloak with Geller, Cloak after Geller. Then Geller alone and Plokhov alone. Isn't it enough to say that they were an awesome duo who gave Cloak's best seasons ?

As for the collection : bad styling, Ann Demeulemeester and old Dior Homme inspirations, but some good pieces (brown jeans, camel turtleneck...). There will be interesting shirting, nice outerwear and good basic in shop, amongst ugly and weird fitting things, as usual. I feel like he doesn't want to take too much risks, he wants to sell to his main consumers : New-York hipsters. Don't know if it's a need or a will tho.
                      Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

i think you missed my point

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                          • Mar 2007

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

People need to understand that Geller is doing something completely different that what he did at Cloak and something geared towards a somewhat of a different customer.
                            understanding the Structure of his company, I can see why it is necessary to approach designing the way he does, and there is nothing wrong with that...............
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

as time goes on, I don't think I understand who the customer is of half the designers out there. maybe it's my myopia but there are probably 5-7 designers out there who have a clearly defined customer ( you included <3)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎