Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emixam
    • Oct 2008

the FW11collection uses new leathers such has horse hide or buffalo.

I really like this one (buffalo 313) :

and this one, same as mine but in coffee (baby calf 121), looks really gorgeous in this color combo (edit : it is actually grey color !):

Last edited by emixam; 08-10-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• chomeo
      • Mar 2010

^^ coffee looks tasty!

Comment

• DamageX
        • Dec 2008

I just saw this posted on the Incarnation Facebook page:

We start women's collection " linea_e by incarnation " 2012SS exhibition will be held in Milan and Paris.

SHOW ROOM MILAN
        VIA FRIULI 68 - 20135 MILAN
        18th to 27th September 2011

SHOWROOM PARIS
        74 RUE CHARLOT - 75003 PARIS
        29th September to 7th October

appointment required
        contact paola@mpstudiosrl.com
        mauro@mpstudiosrl.com

I wish I could go see it. I'm curious to see how the Women's collection will look, I have really enjoyed the work he has done so far.

Comment

• nadir
          • May 2011

Parable in Sydney also stock Incarnation. The price point seems really good, so I'm wondering if anyone has handled the leathers. They look quite thin from the photos...

Comment

• Mos
            • Jun 2010

Having gone to parable and tried on one of the leathers, all i can say is that it varies with each treatment and dye.

Thickness of the leather varies as well, such as with the double layer, resembling oiled calf, was really quite substantial and soft, while the feel of the other ones was drier, though also being calf.

None of them gave off that thin flimsy vibe, which is what I feel you're implying.

Comment

• Parable
              • Aug 2011

Speaking for what we have in-store, the variation between the leathers is quite remarkable, especially considering they are all Calf.

And Jeremy is correct in that the variation is mainly due to the finishing of the leather. Some of the pieces are garment dyed, which gives the leather a drier hand, but something which will give with wear.

Some of the other leathers are oiled which results in a much more supple leather. These pieces can appear quite thin in the pictures, but the leather is noticeably weighty and substantial. Something which many people find appealing in leather. I can liken it to the oiled calf Rick used for Crust, however with a deeper black colour.

We hope to have a short interview with Keita published soon which will hopefully provide further details and insight into his leathers and their treatment. Will be interesting!
              Last edited by Parable; 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

^ your model looks like he's going to bust through some of those jackets. Maybe I've just grown accustom to seeing emaciated fellows in this type of garment(?)

Anyway, interesting info, and I look forward to the interview.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Parable
                  • Aug 2011

haha yes. The wrinkled effect on some of the leathers can exacerbate that look also.

In any case, we have a re-shoot scheduled for the jackets.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Parable View Post
                    haha yes. The wrinkled effect on some of the leathers can exacerbate that look also.

In any case, we have a re-shoot scheduled for the jackets.
                    I look forward to seeing more pieces in the future. The jackets you have posted now seem less expensive than I was expecting...is that the typical price range for the line, or does it go up from there?

ps - for those of us wondering, I noticed you also ship internationally.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• chomeo
                      • Mar 2010

that's great Parable. looking forward to more pics and the interview. I'm definitely interested...

Comment

• Parable
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        I look forward to seeing more pieces in the future. The jackets you have posted now seem less expensive than I was expecting...is that the typical price range for the line, or does it go up from there?

ps - for those of us wondering, I noticed you also ship internationally.
                        I will respond via PM so as not to get into a pricing discussion.

Comment

• emixam
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Parable View Post
                          Speak for what we have in-store, the
                          Some of the pieces are garment dyed, which gives the leather a drier hand, but something which will give with wear.
                          my jacket is garment dyed with hand wax finish. For all the non waxed parts (inside pocktes or under the collar), the leather is very dry. Do you have any idea what kind of wax/oil does he use ? I would like to keep this slight shiny/smooth effect on my jacket.

Comment

• Parable
                            • Aug 2011

The wax used is developed by the Guidi tannery. I am not sure if Keita had a hand in the development or it is something they have used previously. My feeling, given the age of the tannery, is the latter.

I am told that the wax is made using some type of fish oil and it is applied to the finished garment, which is then heat treated to produce the finish you see on your jacket.

I cannot speak for the re-touching of any waxed/oiled areas but am happy to speak to Keita on your behalf. Just shoot me a PM with the details.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

^ i dont know what exactly is being referred to but leather type 321

babycalf + special xxx treatment
                              is something else. very thin, very juicy, very supple. WILL stretch to fit fairly quickly? Broke in my jacket in a day or two. Feels like a glove leather with more of a rubbery durable feel. grainage varies a fair amount.

just kind of a quick note. the leather is somewhat delicate? there are zipper indentations on one of my sleeves probably due to s&h and i dont mind whatsoever but for fussy buyers beware.

texture and detail forthcoming when i can find camera charger

Comment

• Skye X
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by hallucination View Post
                                Fuck... that green is perfect. It looks like it's covered in acid and nuclear waste. I really wish they'd hurry this whole vat-grown leather thing along...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎