• Feb 2009

Comment

• ledger
        • Feb 2009

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Wanna hate it, but can't. It's beautiful. Thanks, ledger.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• diamonds
            • Dec 2006

the women are beautiful

and the clothes are interesting and unique... the presentation is very mmm... even the styling is good. a far cry from the past seasons for sure

love the sidezip coats & skirts

:/

dunno how i feel praising this company

Comment

• ittalidaa
              • Aug 2009

at a quick glance, this looks cohesive in a way with a few of the maison's greatest hits pieces (like the printed slip nightie). are the clothes supposed to be spilling out from the sides? not as vile as i secretly wanted it to be. i wanted to hate it as well but with no expectations, this came as a pleasant surprise.

could have been more convincing if the only footwear used were the maison's classic tabi boots but maybe done in the pastel colours of this season.
              http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

i think this is really good. that's all I have to say.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Wanna hate it, but can't. It's beautiful. Thanks, ledger.
                  totally agree....as ittalidaa points out, it's a [welcome] throwback to some of Margiela's best signatures. the silhouettes are pure 90's perfection and i love the uber sleek line of the footwear. damn
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

the girls look so miserable, but they look so good.
                    the greys are particular favorites. just beautiful.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

first reaction: ok, italian vixens with fuck-me boots. makes sense. it's diesel after all.

four seconds of scrolling later: wait. hang on. nice drapey dresses, nice structured coats - i like this...

now i'm all confused.

Comment

• Aleks
                        • Feb 2009

I really don't understand the "want to hate" reaction all of you have.
                        Margiela chose to leave, they didn't fire him, he's the one who sold the company as well. If at all, you all should be angry at him out of all the people at the company.

It's rather admirable that they have stuck with the same design team and kept it a team instead of getting someone else to come in and be the head designer (though the people at Bless could be quite good, come to think about it) and they have done well without them.

I do understand that the diffusion lines are getting a bit much now, but that's life, everyone has a diffusion line now and everyone wants to make money.

Comment

• surver
                          • Oct 2007

i think it's soul-less

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Aleks View Post
                            I really don't understand the "want to hate" reaction all of you have.
                            Margiela chose to leave, they didn't fire him, he's the one who sold the company as well. If at all, you all should be angry at him out of all the people at the company.

It's rather admirable that they have stuck with the same design team and kept it a team instead of getting someone else to come in and be the head designer (though the people at Bless could be quite good, come to think about it) and they have done well without them.

I do understand that the diffusion lines are getting a bit much now, but that's life, everyone has a diffusion line now and everyone wants to make money.
                            "Hey, we will turn your company into another run-of-the-mill commercial, corporate entity, limit your creativity by putting business first, but feel free to leave - no one is firing you!" Right? Wrong.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Aleks
                              • Feb 2009

Well it must have been obvious that they would do that when he sold it to them. It's not as if the Diesel corporation are very artistically minded.
                              His fault, he knew it, so he left. It's not very admirable really.

We have to live with it, if we compare this with helmut lang, this situation is much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎