Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Love the second black jacket. And the first bag is simply amazing - it's so interesting, complicated and modest.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Details pages added for more information on materials and their provenance.

Thank you guys for the kind words!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chim
        • Dec 2006

It was a true pleasure working with you again Albert! I've seen the collection first hand and it is indeed fantastic. The quality of the materials and the craftmanship is first rate. All the pieces fit wonderfully and the bag has to be seen to be believed - the leather is amazingly substantial, tough, and butter soft to the touch. The horween cordovan card case is simply fantastic as well. Cheers!

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

Al, you should be very proud of yourself! It's just terrific!
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Godspeed, Albert!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tomatous
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Fantastic Albert - Love the elephant leather.

Comment

• Faye
                • Apr 2009

OMG.....you definitely outdid yourself!
                the elephant leather (vintage texture is so sick!!) and the weekend bag are big standouts for me. If it's the same leather used for your last collections messenger bag, it must be really something else.
                Also like the choice of colors for the tees and scarfes, instead of a pure b&w collection.

If already known, please provide us with infos regarding availability in the dialogue thread then. :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

As of right now distribution of Collateral is not concrete. Stores are just now receiving the images and interested stores will be receiving the physical lookbook complete with sample swatches later on this week.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by corsair sanglot
                    unreal textures. looks fantastic. i can't believe you're based in san antonio.

gunshot tee: subtle tip of the cap to dior homme days of old!?
                    Haha, it's got an even further-back inspiration. I've described it more in the discussion thread

If you or anyone else is in San Antonio, it would be a pleasure to have folks over at the studio to see the work in person!

Comment

• Icarium
                      • Oct 2010

I love the texture on the lighter leather jacket. Jesus.

Almost might need one of those insanely perfect horween cardholders :)

Comment

• surver
                        • Oct 2007

beautiful work, albert! but i like it better when you modelled everything yourself; everything seems more 'distant' and too 'commercial' all of a sudden in the new lookbook...

Comment

• viv1984viv
                          • Feb 2008

Albert - way late on this I know but it looks fantastic, an overwhelmingly complete aesthetic and execution.
                          Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

love the white tee with rust? on the chest

and just wow at the elephant leather closeup; that texture and colour so tempting

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by surver View Post
                              beautiful work, albert! but i like it better when you modelled everything yourself; everything seems more 'distant' and too 'commercial' all of a sudden in the new lookbook...
                              Haha, thanks my friend :)

I hope it's not too commercial feeling. Collateral is still completely produced by myself in my studio. The model is a friend who works at the bike shop at the complex where I live/where my studio is and the shoot was done about 2 blocks away in an abandoned grain refinery/storage facility so its all still very much kept within a small "family." Don't worry, I haven't gone corporate.

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

no no no i didn't mean to insinuate that you're 'going corporate' ;P it's just perhaps that your friend just does not carry off the right vibe for your designs as well as you do, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎