Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ann Demeulemeester Men's SS12 - Paris

Default Ann Demeulemeester Men's SS12 - Paris

Thanks for uploading the pics.

In my opinion, this collection is the strongest display of fashion out of all the SS12 Paris shows so far.

Demeulemeester

I was already lukewarm by first glimpse of that 'potato skin' color on the first several looks that came out, and it didn't – oh my god, am I really about to say this? – get much better, imo. The heavy saturation of color bathing (broiling) the background was really distracting to me. It just didn't feel right. Call me a purist, but I don't wanna see Demeulemeester models emerging from what appears to be the surface of the sun..

Cool-toned colorways do justice to her pieces in a way that anything warm-leaning just can't touch. Ditto with matte finishes vs sheen / shine. Something automatically registers as "wrong" if I see the latter on anything Ann. And I'll never come around to that, mainly because I just don't want to.

Based solely off the runway, this collection gets an astonishing thumbs down from me.
    Still, I know there'll enough to like when it hits the racks. With Ann, that always holds true.
    I love this woman to pieces, no matter what.
    sain't

she's back. this collection is a stab in the chest it's so beautiful.
    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

some if it looks great.

i agree completely about the color of the runway.

really want a closer look at the footwear!

her footwear has become the focal point of her collections...

is it just me or is the styling really poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    she's back. this collection is a stab in the chest it's so beautiful.
    I must've been stabbed a bit closer to the eye.
    sain't

i ran into ann a few days ago in the marais and from her vibe could tell this collection would be promising. i like that it got a bit of her old grungy vibe was getting sick of the riding boot looks. far from s/s 06 - 07 collections but i like this. nice to see david lindwall back in the line -up ;)

the boots are wonderful.
    Last edited by messenoire; 06-25-2011 at 01:58 PM.

I the romantic Ann so there are many pieces here for me to like, especially waistcoats and coats. I even what look like silk flowers on the lapels. Some might find them to obvious or cheesy, I imagine.

Large snap fasteners are a fetish of mine, and I believe thatís what I see here.

The short jacket depicted in image four should perhaps be sent back to the 80s?

I donít like the overall styling. There are too many things going on for my taste. But thatís the case for most of Annís shows Ė and those of many others.

Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    I must've been stabbed a bit closer to the eye.
    curious what ann seasons are your favorites.

Yes it's Ann, but it's just so blah. Nothing sticks out here and I find the color palette unpleasant. When she's really on, the collection gives off a really strong feeling (theme would be to strong of a word) and I'm not getting that here.

I was at this show and I saw a different presentation than this. I thought the show was kind of meh, but these photos look amazing! Based on the photos alone I'd say this is the strongest collection of Paris thus far. Ann hasn't really had a "miss" in a long time though. Wish I could say the same about ANY of the other designers we discuss here!

wow, super strong collection

Really like this, in my opinion a lot stronger than her past few spring collections. I especially like the last three looks with the floral-esque brooches. Can't wait to see videos...

What's the name of the one who's co-designing the menswear with her?
    I forgot.

Footwear is the best part of this show.

I still feel weird looking at the shots because of the background. I immediately thought of Haider Ackermann when I saw the first outfit with the background.

i can see why ppl like this , for me nahhhh . i mean its ok , its decent but idk not really feelin it but im not like fanboy over ann , theres always stuff i like each season but i dont often get too excited . seems like way too much layerin here for summerwear , if it werent for the sandals and cropped trousers i mite think this was for fw