• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Damir Doma Men's SS12 Paris

MORE SHOW PHOTOS HERE

(will add images in thread when available.)

don't want to rush my comments on this one, but somehow less forced than the fall collection, but at the same time maybe a little more busy and dischordant. the styling is a bit all over the place, the show maybe could have been edited more strictly?

but lots of nice pieces: again i like so many of the pants (great lengths, volume and crisp looking fabrics) and the full cuts of the jackets (almost noragi-style) - the word 'elegant' springs to mind.
    Last edited by Shucks; 06-25-2011, 07:24 PM.
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

hmm i like this , clean and soft , breezy , it just looks comfy and prolly feels nice against the body specially in summer . this kinda reminds me of his earlier stuff

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

i see a lot of raf in this

Comment

• pseudonym
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
        ... this kinda reminds me of his earlier stuff
        I was thinking the same thing. There are many pieces here that are distinctively similar to pieces within his runway shows over the past several seasons.

What I personally find weird is, since he has evolved so much over those seasons in both design and styling, this collection seems less like a cohesive collection as a whole and more of a 2-3 year retrospective. One with a slightly 'new' (for Damir) approach to styling...

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
          i see a lot of raf in this
          i gotta say im rllllly unhappy with raf . i forgot his show was today and remembered when i read ur comment here so i open up nowfashion to check raf out . garbage , so boring . he won me back this year and i was really exicted to see next years stuff and then he goes and sends that bs out on runway . raf im gettin real sick of ur shit man stop it

but back to dd i like how clean and nice this is . its kinda interestin when i go and compare this one to the recent years stuff where everythin was so voluminous , then last collection was shrunken a bit and now this one feels shrunken even more . this feels a lil more refined but maybe thats cos its also somewhat simple
          Last edited by jogu; 06-25-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

only images i've managed to find so far, but if these are too big, either pm me or (lowrey/faust) feel free to delete post...

Last edited by Shucks; 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Last edited by Shucks; 06-26-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Last edited by Shucks; 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Last edited by Shucks; 06-26-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Supel
                    • Apr 2011

I certainly didn't expect this from Damir Doma, nor does it look like his usual aesthetic either. Nothing here really stands out, I'm done with it looking over it once whereas previous collections I'd find myself looking over it repeatedly. Almost just like the RO skirts from S/S 12 gradually grew on me. From a minimalistic point of view it's spot on, but from the last spring/summer it would have been great to see a refined gradual improvement (something along the lines of), or simply a collection based from his usual aesthetic

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

SHOW VIDEO HERE

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

i can see that there are pieces here i will want to own, but i'm struggling to see any underlying theme here - something for me to anchor my thinking on. it's all over the place in terms of color, fabrics, lines, volumes, proportions, details... like some of it looks damir, other things look haider ackermann!

and the styling certainly isn't helping. those stupid random straps just keep distracting me.

and what's up with the gauze/mesh backs? what an effective way to ruin a good jacket! i know damir has been playing around with layered/open backs before, but i never liked it and still don't.

that said, i love the pants. there is a bit of consistency there it seems, in terms of length and volume. if the ones in the second look are asymmetric dungarees, i'm keen on getting those! also some great long mandarin collar shirts and the uwuagi/noragi style jackets are beautiful. plus i will want to see more of the footwear.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Any hi res photos? These look like they were shot with a webcam.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

even though it was a hassle to get the urls just for the nowness photos, i've replaced them with even better ones now. you're welcome, mike...

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

The bondage pieces make no fucking sense next to the samurai jackets. I guess they sort of echo the strapped sandals, but it's still a failure. The hickory stripes look like Sith Warriors coming late to the workwear party.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎