Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

seems like the most practical way to summon more females. a lot of the younger heterosexual male members here would probably feel a degree of discomfort walking into a boutique by themselves that only sold womens garments - not that it would ultimately stop them its just something people are naturally a little self conscious about and women are usually a billion time worse.

also as is often stated here clothing is a tactile experience but the experience is limited in scope when you can only touch and observe a piece and cant and are not really meant to physically wear it. so as much as mens comments on the womens shows and collections etc are welcomed and encouraged they are by default often lacking in a certain area of insight (not trying to instigate another who can wear what battle but u know what i mean.)

the womens footwear thread seems like a good microcosm of how this idea could translate. good harmonious contribution from both genders though the literal focus on women certainly appears to have boosted the ladies to participate more steadily and foster more companionship between female members - chicks want online chick homies too.

but enough beating around the bush. yes i accept the forums nomination as moderator for the womens section. i am not only humbled but delighted to play such an integral role in taking this forum to the next level. especially coming from u xmattyx.

Comment

i agree with merz sentiments, plus to feel like I get an overall view I'll have to check two threads instead of one. I'd also not like to feel like i'm getting OT just because i start to talk about womenswear. fact is I generally talk about the specifics of mens- and womenswear in connection to eachother... does that mean I have to crosspost in two threads as well?

However, if female members have specifically requested a dedicated space for womens fashion, I guess i have to be ok about it.

theres a sense that tells me most of the interesting discussions will happen in what then becomes the "mens" section...

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
        theres a sense that tells me most of the interesting discussions will happen in what then becomes the "mens" section...
        "interesting" is subjective

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
          Having a woman moderator - or two - I think would be a great improvement, even if only for the symbolic aspect. Having an entirely male moderated panel screams, "this is for men." Symbols are not for nothing. If a new member wanders in and sees a woman moderator, it will signal immediately that she is welcome, too.
          definitely second this.

and yeah, like christianef says, it seems like the women's footwear thread works just fine and so i think a bit more of that won't hurt? hell, i'm interested in women's fashion as well, so i'd happily browse a couple of 'women only' threads every now and then.

but actually i think it's for the ladies to decide what changes to make, and i'd assume that faust having opened this question up and from now on continuing to encourage women to have a say in how SZ works is even more important than any specific forum change. apart from adding a female mod or two, that is...

Comment

Originally posted by rider View Post
            "interesting" is subjective
            true... i meant most of the discussions :)

all for female mods btw.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
              Another forum for women not named Stylezeitgeist might be better. It's like they want what the men of SZ created, but they don't want the men.
              I want to emphasize what each and every one of the female members who have posted here have said: we only want a women's section insofar as it allows us to use this resource when we we are playing the role of the consumer, and to encourage new women to come out of hiding.

As much as I love to know about men's sizing issues and product codes for sissypee object-dyed leathers, I would also like to quickly get to questions about, say, CDG/Junya shoe sizing (which, honestly, remains hazy to me.)

This is about efficiency not (for the most part) ideology - let's be clear about this.

Originally posted by christianef View Post
              chicks want online chick homies too.

but enough beating around the bush. yes i accept the forums nomination as moderator for the womens section. i am not only humbled but delighted to play such an integral role in taking this forum to the next level.
              IF I WERE ELECTED CLASS PRESIDENT I would make sure there are machines dispensing Ann D feather accessories in the cafeteria!!!

That aside I concur christianef: where my online chick homies at?!?
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

if a larger female membership is desired i think it makes perfect sense to add a women's subsection. in fact i can't imagine it any other way. this isn't to say that the fellas can't pipe in on the discussion/s but i can see where things will be more streamlined if there was a "shopping and personal style" section for gals. i do think that waywt should probably stay unisex but even that could be interesting if a second one was added. if anything it's simple enough to try and if the female membership doesn't increase we can call in the national guard and forcibly integrate the threads down the road.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Thank you for your thoughts, everyone. Sorry, christianef, I already made up my mind about who the moderators will be :(
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                    • Sep 2009

why? :(
                    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• christianef
                      • Feb 2009

plus to feel like I get an overall view I'll have to check two threads instead of one.
                      oh putain, a slew of members on here also post regularly on styleforum, superfuture, tfs, fashionology, subscribe to a bunch of blogs etc all filled with interchangeable and new dialogue and content. is checking another thread that big of a hassle isnt the point to absorb and exchange as much crap as possible?

+1 mbd its kind of like an sz ladies nite. a simple incentive to peak womens interest about the forum then when they come and see how much fun it is and we all eat each other out theyll naturally start to mingle in other sections like this one and culture where a lot of great discussions also take place and everyone will be able to share and exchange together. and dont try to argue what's next an ethnic minority section and a section for penguins. im open to it because im not prejudice but for now this seems the most suitable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Heirloom wants to be the only queen of SZ. It's understandable ;-)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

only if you insist ;)

Comment

• jj.still
                            • Dec 2006

Will there be WAYWT thread in women's section? =)
                            By now WAYWT is sub-forum of men's shopping and personal style

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎