Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Women's Sizing

  1. #1

    Default Women's Sizing

    for questions and information pertaining to women's sizing.

    to start, does anyone have any experience with women's yohji yamamoto shoe sizing?

    yohji size 24=? run big/small? looking for something to fit a size 8/38/38.5

  2. #2

    Default

    yohji shoes and boots (as long as they arent from a collaboration) run fairly large so the 24 would seem to be ideal for you.

    for example, i take a 23 and i am 36.5/37. 23.5 was always too big.

    hope that helps and doesnt confuse you more.

  3. #3
    Senior Member crouka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    反転照射
    Posts
    141

    Default

    yes it tends to run big, strictly a bit wider. I think this is true of this fall too.
    but there are exceptions. it's not so rare you run across one that is a full size smaller. so after all if you have a particular style in mind, you can always call YY flagship in aoyama and ask how it fits. I believe there is someone who speaks english and kindly provides the best advice to each case, wherever you are going to buy it.

  4. #4

    Default

    thank you both for your help

    if I end up not getting the shoes, I'll post them to good finds because they are indeed a very good find

  5. #5

    Default

    ladies, anyone familiar with haider ackermann footwear sizing? contemplating getting a pair for a girlfriend's birthday (she's usually an EU37), not too sure whether to go true to size or size up/down.

  6. #6

    Default

    I've tried a pair of boots from a couple of seasons ago. Fits true to size. Then again I've never tried any other model so I wouldn't know for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Patroklus View Post
    Better too adventurous than not enough
    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

  7. #7

    Default

    Looking for well made, slim fit classic workwear for the fiancee... any good lines/brands?

    Curious as to how well made/fit/cut the TB Black Fleece is for a size 0.

    She's looking for a nice solid classic black 1-2 button blazer.The simple Balmain one actually looks nice but the pricing is out of control.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

    Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

  8. #8

    Default

    y's yohji makes some fantastic, beautifully cut, clean lined, blazers.
    sorry, i cant lend an opinion on black fleece, because i've never seen it.
    oh, also margiela 4 might be an option.

  9. #9

    Default

    Thank you Rider for the good pointers. Is Y's for women more drapey or is it classically crisp and structured? I don't have a lot of experience with Yohji's work admittedly and even less so with the womens.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

    Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

  10. #10

    Default

    ^ hmmm, it can go both ways, i guess its no surprise that he can successfully mix it up better than most. i looked at both y's and +noir for you and it seems that crisp traditional cuts are more prevalent in +noir this season. i hope you have it available near you because some of his lines are so hard to find stateside.

    i saw these, maybe they fit the bill?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Thank you Rider for the good pointers. Is Y's for women more drapey or is it classically crisp and structured? I don't have a lot of experience with Yohji's work admittedly and even less so with the womens.
    Yohji+Noir is lovely for jackets--amazing tailoring and beautiful quality-- but iirc, your fiance is pretty tiny, yes? If she prefers fitted clothing, yohji might be difficult.

    I think Black Fleece is a great alternative for classic, slightly boyish cuts...quality and shape of both shirts and suits is great.
    and it's definitely cut slim--not quite shrunken, but almost-- so a zero should be perfect. Nice price point too, and they have good sales...

    maybe also have a look at Band of Outsiders Boy?
    Last edited by laika; 10-17-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

  12. #12

    Default

    A belated thank you Laika as well for your recommendations :) Will look into all of those!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

    Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

  13. #13

    Default

    M,

    Please tell me you are not speaking from experience.........


    Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    Yohji+Noir is lovely for jackets--amazing tailoring and beautiful quality-- but iirc, your fiance is pretty tiny, yes? If she prefers fitted clothing, yohji might be difficult.

    I think Black Fleece is a great alternative for classic, slightly boyish cuts...quality and shape of both shirts and suits is great.
    and it's definitely cut slim--not quite shrunken, but almost-- so a zero should be perfect. Nice price point too, and they have good sales...

    maybe also have a look at Band of Outsiders Boy?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................


    Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

  14. #14

    Default

    Yet another fit/sizing question for you knowledgeable women...

    the classic Rick jacket



    What tagged size best fits a 0-2?

    And short of ebay... any place to pick this up for under $1500? It's almost Xmas :)

    Thank you all again!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

    Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

  15. #15

    Default

    try barneys and net a porter. sales on.
    they run small so i would say a 38 maybe 40, nap will have measurements to be sure though, they are a great reference.

  16. #16

    Default

    Thank you again for your assistance Rider :)
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

    Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

  17. #17

    Default

    I'm going to buy my girlfriend a pair of DRKSHDW jeans, but I'm not sure how women's fit. Her actual waist measurement is 25.5" and her hips are 36". Pants that fit her are about 13.5" laid flat. Any ideas on what size DRKSHDW jeans she would wear? Thanks!

  18. #18

    Default

    Is there a great difference in sizing between 40 & 42 in a RO leather jacket? I'd normally go for the 40, however they only have a 42 left. Just concerned the body will be too big for me!

  19. #19
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derpington View Post
    I'm going to buy my girlfriend a pair of DRKSHDW jeans, but I'm not sure how women's fit. Her actual waist measurement is 25.5" and her hips are 36". Pants that fit her are about 13.5" laid flat. Any ideas on what size DRKSHDW jeans she would wear? Thanks!
    You have to size down at least one size, if not two. Most, if not all, of DRKSHDW jeans have elastine and they will stretch.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  20. #20
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassOrganelle View Post
    Is there a great difference in sizing between 40 & 42 in a RO leather jacket? I'd normally go for the 40, however they only have a 42 left. Just concerned the body will be too big for me!
    I wouldn't be too worried. Of course at your own risk - does the store have a return policy?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •