Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voltbird
    • Feb 2014

Does anyone know if the Guidi sizing is relatively consistent from season to season? I'm heading to Atelier tomorrow to try on a few pairs and get a sense of how they fit, but most retailers are currently sold out of the exact pair I'm looking for. It would be good to know if I can confidently extrapolate from whatever fits in the store.

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
      Does anyone know if the Guidi sizing is relatively consistent from season to season? I'm heading to Atelier tomorrow to try on a few pairs and get a sense of how they fit, but most retailers are currently sold out of the exact pair I'm looking for. It would be good to know if I can confidently extrapolate from whatever fits in the store.
      I would give a guess that horse still fits small, calf pretty true and kangaroo true. If you try the Uma Wang guidi's please let me know what you think, they're still on my mind.
      J

Comment

• mona13
        • Feb 2009

Guidi 796

Any ladies on here have Guidi 796? I have 39s in 789 (horse) and 3006 (baby calf), but a 38 in 3006 open toe (reverse calf). My 789s are big on me, so I can't decide whether to go with a 38 or 39 in the 796. (They are baby calf.) Thanks for your help!

Comment

• ahn
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by mona13 View Post
          Any ladies on here have Guidi 796? I have 39s in 789 (horse) and 3006 (baby calf), but a 38 in 3006 open toe (reverse calf). My 789s are big on me, so I can't decide whether to go with a 38 or 39 in the 796. (They are baby calf.) Thanks for your help!
          All my Guidi's are 40s, except my 3006 that I got on eBay which were a 41. They were a good price despite the size difference so I just threw in an innersole.

I feel the 796 is true to size, maybe the softer leather you're looking at will make a difference though, mine are std horse (not soft horse).

I would go the 39 and pop in an innersole if they're a little loose.
          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mona13 View Post
            I find both the Guidi shoe or boot in reverse stretches so it makes sense you went down a size. In their heeled boots I stay true to size. When it comes to 796 Guidi calf I go for my true size. I've tried on 796 in donkey and had to go up a size but calf was a different story.

I'm sorry if I confused even more...

Comment

• R C W M
              • Oct 2013

Hi all. I'm looking at picking up some Last Conspiracy boots for my significant other but feeling a little apprehensive regarding sizing.

I saw a comment elsewhere on the forum about the men's size running half a size small so wanted to check if anyone had any experience with the sizing on the women's shoes.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

Do any of you ladies have any experience with Dries Van Noten sizing? Specifically for trousers. I found a great price for a pair in a style I really like, but since it is 2nd hand, I won't get a chance to exchange if it doesn't fit. Is it on the bigger side, Like Ann D?

Also, maybe a long shot, but same question about Alexander McQueen trousers. I have a pair in my sights if the Dries one doesn't work out.

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                  Do any of you ladies have any experience with Dries Van Noten sizing? Specifically for trousers. I found a great price for a pair in a style I really like, but since it is 2nd hand, I won't get a chance to exchange if it doesn't fit. Is it on the bigger side, Like Ann D?

Also, maybe a long shot, but same question about Alexander McQueen trousers. I have a pair in my sights if the Dries one doesn't work out.
                  Hi Galia, I find that Dries is really dependent on the cut (since some trousers are intentionally very full cut) but for the most part, since the waist is usually meant to fit on the true waist or even a little slouchy I wear either a 38/40, same sizing I wear for AD. So, it would [likely be] safe to go down a size if you are on the fence or true if you want a looser fit.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

OK thanks rider, that was very helpful of you! I have an Ann D in a similarish cut, so it should be safe to assume I need the same size.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎