X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fncyths
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
    So the Creative Directors at Helmut Lang resigned. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, considering the direction the label has taken, but I wonder who's going to take over since letting the label die won't be an option.
    Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Whaaaa? Link?
    What's up with Alexandre Plokhov's capsule collection for HL...

things are getting interesting ...
    Originally posted by Shucks
    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
    Originally posted by interest1
    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

let's just hope link theory also decides to let both HL / plokhov (?) and theory / theyskens leave that nasty 'contemporary' market... not likely, i know...

Comment

• Tafkap
        • Oct 2006

As far as Helmut Lang's menswear, what happened to that? They make decent denim now but boy that thing took a major hit. Helmut Lang used to be one of my favorite designers to purchase but when he left their menswear went wayyy downhill.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Well, so far downhill it didn't exist, mate.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
            As far as Helmut Lang's menswear, what happened to that?
            Errr, same thing which happened to the whole label? It was acquired by a company doing mall fashion and they continued to do that while riding the HL name. They stopped the mens after a couple of years and now it resurfaced, designed by Plokhov.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
              As far as Helmut Lang's menswear, what happened to that? They make decent denim now but boy that thing took a major hit. Helmut Lang used to be one of my favorite designers to purchase but when he left their menswear went wayyy downhill.
              Which Helmut Lang are you talking about? I don't understand. You sound like there was a continuation of the brand after Helmut left, which was nothing of the sort. Are you aware of the history of the brand?

Also, if you indeed followed any conversation about HL on SZ you would have seen that they have hired Plokhov do design the menswear beginning with the current season.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tafkap
                • Oct 2006

I understand what happened and what is going on with it, my "what happened" is more of a - I can't believe it went to shit. It's been in my opinion absolutely terrible since those two took over and I hope somehow it gets back to being somewhat respectable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

My point was that it was purposeful. When Theory took over Helmut Lang, it made no secret about repositioning it as a contemporary brand and not a designer one, so any claim to continuity here is simply beside the point.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

i stayed home all fucking day waiting for a bunch of rick shit from dhl, they left a notice never rang the bell.

Comment

• IALAB
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      i stayed home all fucking day waiting for a bunch of rick shit from dhl, they left a notice never rang the bell.
                      this has happened to me... really crappy of them. DHL sends things across the globe in 1-2 days for a decent fee, but I find that their stateside service can be really terrible.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by IALAB View Post
                        this has happened to me... really crappy of them. DHL sends things across the globe in 1-2 days for a decent fee, but I find that their stateside service can be really terrible.
                        DHL is expensive as all hell [just as UPS, FedEx, etc.] - so if you're not paying much for it, the company enlisting their services has been granted a huge corporate discount [based on sales / shipping volume].

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        if i had an aneurysm for every time this happened to me [with UPS, then FedEx, then DHL, then CPost - in that order], i'd be a very dead man.

-

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

People, wake the fuck up, it's fashion week!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

gareth did rick this season better than rick did rick last season. didn't even need any campy step team doing a human centipede around the catwalk either!

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                              if i had an aneurysm for every time this happened to me [with UPS, then FedEx, then DHL, then CPost - in that order], i'd be a very dead man.
                              makes me wonder how I lived without an apartment front office to collect my parcels in the past..

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

my son chased down dhl who was prepared to not ring yet again. achievement unlocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎