Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

I can understand the sentiment, and I think there's a difference between what you're tired of in real life and tired of on fashion forums. I'm tired of seeing variations of the Rick summer uniform as its been called, but I'll wear the shit out of it myself.

I can only count on one hand the number of times I've seen Rick in person, even though just within the past year I have been in several large cities internationally. I just don't bother to post it online, because there's enough of that out there already. Actually, when I do see it in person, I'm very happy to see it. Usually, eye contact and a smile/nod is exchanged before going on about our business.

And I'm getting deja vu, I think this has been discussed before. In any case, I don't like the notion of getting tired of clothing, or at least abandoning it because you're tired of it. Wear it and wear it well until it wears out, but getting a new look to freshen things up, it's really the cause behind everything awful about fast fashion.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      I travel the whole year, I see a lot of Rick depending where I am (knowing more than one person who works/has worked there also helps) + let's face it media saturation (i.e. editorial saturation but also tumblr or whatever). I'm not saying I am morally right, just where I am right now with the most popular designer on SZ. I'm also starting to OD on ChloƩ style minimalism but who cares.

note: I hardly see a link between Shoreditch style and Rick but hey.
      I am always around people that work with rick so I don't count them in and I know you travel - I was just teasing. And I travel too, mainly Milan Paris Berlin and New York and I still don't get to see it much. It still startles me when I see someone in geos.
      I think tumblr has more to do with it than what you experience first hand. And of course it makes a huge difference who your circle of friends is.
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

It's around +32 celsius here on daily basis: most of the s/s pieces are for autumn. And all summer is sheer t-shirt, pods and sandals uniform.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          I am always around people that work with rick so I don't count them in and I know you travel - I was just teasing. And I travel too, mainly Milan Paris Berlin and New York and I still don't get to see it much. It still startles me when I see someone in geos.
          I think tumblr has more to do with it than what you experience first hand. And of course it makes a huge difference who your circle of friends is.
          I also think that the more ambitious aspect of Rick designs (for men) get downplayed by the way it is usually styled (and TBH sold). I can't fault someone for being comfy and not giving a fuck wearing cool designer clothes but I wanna see some dramatic architectural fits, drag queen extravagance or whatever. Not so practical to go to a bar though and it's not like I do it myself.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

I also think that the more ambitious aspect of Rick designs (for men) get downplayed by the way it is usually styled (and TBH sold). I can't fault someone for being comfy and not giving a fuck wearing cool designer clothes but I wanna see some dramatic architectural fits, drag queen extravagance or whatever. Not so practical to go to a bar though and it's not like I do it myself.
            Agree with this. I think a large proportion of people who buy Rick are doing it because of the hype though. As such, they want pieces that are recognisable. I've seen quite a few people wearing Rick sneakers but never seen anyone wearing his boots, for example.

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

... but I wanna see some dramatic architectural fits, drag queen extravagance or whatever. Not so practical to go to a bar though and it's not like I do it myself.
              True, couldn't agree more. There are few people that can carry it off without looking like fashion victims though. I still do it once in a while but it's a delicate balance, especially when you're not 25 any more and not 60 yet.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I agree. Outside of SZ and fashion weeks, I hardly see RO IRL.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I agree. Outside of SZ and fashion weeks, I hardly see RO IRL.
                  Were I live as well. In Holland I've never seen anybody with RO on the streets ever.

Here's considered strange to were basic long and/or sheer tees with dropcrotch swingers and geo's or dunks. While here it's yet another boring uninspiring outfit.
                  Grailed link

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                    Were I live as well. In Holland I've never seen anybody with RO on the streets ever.

Here's considered strange to were basic long and/or sheer tees with dropcrotch swingers and geo's or dunks. While here it's yet another boring uninspiring outfit.
                    Plenty of bootleg RO stuff though, and I've seen douchebags wearing geobaskets in Rotterdam, styled with Kanye West fan merchandise or Hood by Air, you know what direction I mean.

and there is this annoying label/movement here that is combining their own label with RO and RO bootleg brands. not saying their name or the knock off brands, because they don't deserve publicity.
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

It's funny about the uninspiring outfit. People generally wouldn't know the difference, they'd think both inspiring and uninspiring were equally weird and "bad."
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• KodakII
                        • Sep 2008

Based upon the lookbook alone, Thamanyah S/S 2015 looks awful.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                          • Apr 2014

I really like that guy's trousers
                          Last edited by BlacknWhite; 08-10-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

all i want to do right now is listen to iranian classical music and german electronic music while wearing boris bidjan saberi

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                              all i want to do right now is listen to iranian classical music and german electronic music while wearing boris bidjan saberi
                              You meant at the same time? Because it's fucking awesome.

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

You meant at the same time? Because it's fucking awesome.
                                God you're so right
                                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎