• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by yay View Post
    is it only the footwear? i've yet to see anyone wear geos in germany
    no I see decked out warriors. 3 hours earlier I saw this guy in a bomber pods and black geos with a drkshdw cap wearing a facemask heading to the beer hall with some similar looking characters.

It's even weirder when these people come up to me and ask me for my information and give me a high 5
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Tokyo is particular because it's big, yet everyone with similar style goes to the same places. I was expecting to see people wearing some sz stuff when I was traveling there a month ago, hell, I did even see you with you're friend wearing a M.A. leather You were in full Julius Kuboraum btw
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
        let me guess. RO jacket, J-Brand jeans, whatever is currently touted as the 'must-have' shoe and a Chanel/Celine bag?
        That's at least what you see here a lot in the areas where the upscale boutiques are located.
        Bingo. That's Madison Ave. Downtown it's all kids in geobaskets and some Fear of Shit sweatpants and generic elongated black tee.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahn
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
          To me his dress is a staple. A must have. I just can't imagine otherwise.
          Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
          And I share TheDivinitus' suprise; I know a lot of women who wear Rick's dresses and skirts. Most of them are really easy to incorporate into your wardrobe, especially the Lilies. Though, I am not keen on the more recent, boxier shape Rick seems to prefer these days.
          This is true, theoretically... I would love (and have expressed this several times) to be able to wear the Lilies line every day because it is so perfect.

Now I know I only have one of his actual dresses... (this one) but it swallows me whole. I don't really consider myself petite (I'm 5'7") but I feel like a child wearing her mother's dress when I put it on.

I think most of his garments best suit girls with a straight back and very even proportions. I have a very curved lumbar and my hips are wider than my shoulders (otherwise known as "pear" shaped by the ridiculous fruit/vegetable analogy system)... so yeah I don't believe I fall into his ideal fit type.

I see it the same way that Ann's men's collections are best suited to men of long and lean body-types more than men who are broader/more muscular. Some designers just cater to particular body shapes. It's nothing about 'getting more confidence' or whatever...

Moving slightly off topic...
          Although I would love to know how women wear the basic Rick tanks. They're slightly sheer and the straps cut narrow into the chest (which I love the look of) but I can't find a bra that fits hidden underneath. I detest strapless bras so that's not an option for me... I don't have much of a bust but I really can't get away with wearing no bra at all.
          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ahn View Post
            Although I would love to know how women wear the basic Rick tanks. They're slightly sheer and the straps cut narrow into the chest (which I love the look of) but I can't find a bra that fits hidden underneath. I detest strapless bras so that's not an option for me... I don't have much of a bust but I really can't get away with wearing no bra at all.
            Ahn, did you try "racerback" style? The right lingerie is so important. Almost all of Rick sleeveless stuff require a good seamless racerback.

O/t, I cringe when someone wears a deep cut tank with a regular bra. It looks so sloppy/trashy (imo).
            blog

Comment

• ahn
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by TheDivinitus View Post
              Ahn, did you try "racerback" style? The right lingerie is so important. Almost all of Rick sleeveless stuff require a good seamless racerback.

O/t, I cringe when someone wears a deep cut tank with a regular bra. It looks so sloppy/trashy (imo).
              I have, but none that I've found so far cut in far enough in the front I completely agree with you, there's not much that looks worse.
              some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                • Jul 2011

Hmm, maybe you need "multiway" style to crisscross front and back.
                blog

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

My wife will layer two Rick tanks or a tank and a l/s so they're not as sheer, one a darker color. They're still light enough in the summer but a bit more appropriate for wearing in public here. It's hard to fit a bra with how close they cut to the chest

Comment

• woof
                    • May 2014

"good weather today" (picture of ccp drips held up against a cloudless sky)

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

'Mm, baby...take off those pants...and put on these pants instead.' -fantasy of a fashion junkie
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        I see that the now-banned trk is selling his l'M labcoat on Grailed, a few weeks after buying it. And after cutting the stitching on the collar.

I'm all for modifying and wearing clothes instead of just keeping them in mint condition so as to get the best re-sale price, but removing a feature from an archive piece because you didn't even know it WAS a fucking feature, and then selling it because you never really had any deep interest in the designer(s) in question, anyway... ugh. Fewer of these people, please. Insta-bans for people who swap favourite designer each week.

Good luck with that. As someone on the designing and retailing side of this business I can tell you I am horrified by the reality that most people no matter what they tell you do not have a genuine appreciation for these things.
                        time and space wont even allow me to get into analytical assumptions as to why.........but in the end H&M, Zara and the mainstream brands are winning this battle
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Couldn't agree more :(
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

Fewer of these people, please. Insta-bans for people who swap favourite designer each week.
                            i could get behind this.

i think it's one of the charms and attractions of sz how truly appreciative of avant-garde and the like most members are.

Comment

• redbible
                              • Mar 2015

I buy things because I think they look cool

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

I see that the now-banned trk is selling his l'M labcoat on Grailed, a few weeks after buying it. And after cutting the stitching on the collar.

I'm all for modifying and wearing clothes instead of just keeping them in mint condition so as to get the best re-sale price, but removing a feature from an archive piece because you didn't even know it WAS a fucking feature, and then selling it because you never really had any deep interest in the designer(s) in question, anyway... ugh. Fewer of these people, please. Insta-bans for people who swap favourite designer each week.
                                I oppose this simply because it stifles (self) innovation. Sometimes we buy clothes and hope that modifying it (cutting a stitch, hemming, tapering, whatever) will make us like the item/give us a better objective view on whether it fits our bodies or not.

I know nothing about Trk, except he apparently quite likes Julius and a slightly dressier/tailored look, most of the time.

Given this, sometimes people get more misses than hits, and sometimes people go into self-denial whether a certain designer fits his/her body properly or not.

Do we know whether or not he was into Carpe Diem/Altieri? Perhaps some of this is at fault with the community to be honest. We hold Altieri up to a mythic/near God status. It's pretty easy to because deluded in "Oh my God, I finally have an item from this designer, it'll be the best thing ever!" and then quickly realize it's not as majestic as people often make it out to sound.

Is Trk a more extreme example of buying, wearing, and flipping? Probably. But he probably has more expendable income to do so. Some people almost certainly flip less simply because they have less disposable income.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎