Thread: random fashion thoughts

  1. #4261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I don't think I'ever heard anyone describe a pair of sneakers as breathtaking :-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQVYW9cMNE

  2. #4262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saniityhd View Post
    Might not be directly fashion-related, but kind of:
    I have been thinking alot about my employment recently. Working at a high-end clothing-store while being 20 y/o seems both appreciated and sometimes frowned upon. I have many customers who seem happy to get help, advice etc from me ( most of them being women or older men ). But I must say I have more people ( typically men just some years older than me ), who down me for trying to help them. People seem to think that I am a wise ass when I try to help them.
    I have always thought that this is due to my age.

    What do you feel like walking in to a store where the staff is younger than you? Is this a problem?
    Staff being "young" isn't a problem for me. As long as they're nice and most of all knowledgeable, then I'm okay with it.

  3. #4263

    Default

    I agree, I have a hard time seeing age as a big deal, for me it's all about being friendly and knowledgeable AND knowing the right distance to keep. Every shopper has their own preference on how much help they want.

    However, depending on what kind of a store it is, the clientele might be quite different from the typical SZ user, so hard to say..
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

    STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

  4. #4264

    Default

    I just came back from a screening/discussion panel for "Men of the Cloth". The discussion itself was not unlike alot of the subjects broached here on SZ (The disapearance of artisanal craftmanship, Social Media's influence on fashion, Clothes made for Instagram, Designers that know little about how clothes work etc.) We went decently deep for a 45 minute panel, good times

    One of the most interesting topics came from Nino Corvato, who talked about the idea of starting a school devoted to extensive training in tailoring. He wants to acquire funding for supplies, both teacher AND student wages, and a workshop space in Manhattan. Even if the school was devoted to a small group of artisanal fields instead of just tailoring, it sounds unbelievably ambitious to me, unless we have some sort of Charles Dickens mysterious full-ride benefactor coming along in the near future...

  5. #4265

    Default

    Was trying to figure out what season one of my old Ann pieces is from, and got super sad looking through old collections

  6. #4266
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casem View Post
    Was trying to figure out what season one of my old Ann pieces is from, and got super sad looking through old collections
    Aahhhh! (Gives a hug).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  7. #4267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyKat View Post
    I just came back from a screening/discussion panel for "Men of the Cloth". The discussion itself was not unlike alot of the subjects broached here on SZ (The disapearance of artisanal craftmanship, Social Media's influence on fashion, Clothes made for Instagram, Designers that know little about how clothes work etc.) We went decently deep for a 45 minute panel, good times

    One of the most interesting topics came from Nino Corvato, who talked about the idea of starting a school devoted to extensive training in tailoring. He wants to acquire funding for supplies, both teacher AND student wages, and a workshop space in Manhattan. Even if the school was devoted to a small group of artisanal fields instead of just tailoring, it sounds unbelievably ambitious to me, unless we have some sort of Charles Dickens mysterious full-ride benefactor coming along in the near future...
    crosses fingers for a winning lotto ticket sounds amazing

  8. #4268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyKat View Post

    One of the most interesting topics came from Nino Corvato, who talked about the idea of starting a school devoted to extensive training in tailoring. He wants to acquire funding for supplies, both teacher AND student wages, and a workshop space in Manhattan. Even if the school was devoted to a small group of artisanal fields instead of just tailoring, it sounds unbelievably ambitious to me, unless we have some sort of Charles Dickens mysterious full-ride benefactor coming along in the near future...
    It would have to be funded by somebody wealthy, ostensibly without any kind of vested interest to the fashion industry or conglomerate. As this sounds like the sort of venture the likes of LVMH/Kering would sponsor/fund. The problem with that is, if it was in fact funded by the likes of the latter, they'd have contractual exclusivity/first refusal on all of the talented graduates for their portfolio brands, as opposed to giving birth to new independent brands/artisans.

  9. #4269

    Default

    Leopard galore at Dries. Why?
    lavender menace

  10. #4270

    Default

    probably the same reason he plastered monroe's face on half his last show.

  11. #4271

    Default

    I'd rather run around with MM plastered all over me than like an extra on The Bold and the Beautiful

    Everything non-leopard is gorgeous though.
    lavender menace

  12. #4272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdandi View Post
    Leopard galore at Dries. Why?
    Not as WTF/concerning as H&M showing at PFW.

  13. #4273

    Default

    Isn’t there a saying that a designer uses leopard print if sales are low?
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

  14. #4274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Isnít there a saying that a designer uses leopard print if sales are low?
    I think it's a "trend" as I've seen it used several times this season.

  15. #4275

    Default

    Leopard is top, wtf are you guys on!!?? As Deneuve once said it is vulgar but you must always have a few pieces.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

  16. #4276

    Default

    RFT: In the process of minimizing my wardrobe I have gone from almost 30 pairs of shoes now down to 11 essential pairs within 1 year. 10 is my target, so almost there. Past year I've learned to let go... (not counting some crap stored in my shed, then I'm still at 30 :p)

  17. #4277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    RFT: In the process of minimizing my wardrobe I have gone from almost 30 pairs of shoes now down to 11 essential pairs within 1 year. 10 is my target, so almost there. Past year I've learned to let go... (not counting some crap stored in my shed, then I'm still at 30 :p)
    Did the same thing and thought it was very relieving. I get way more use out of the things I own now.

  18. #4278
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Leopard is top, wtf are you guys on!!?? As Deneuve once said it is vulgar but you must always have a few pieces.
    I always knew you had a secret crack habit ;)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  19. #4279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I always knew you had a secret crack habit ;)
    Wut?


    The previous outfit is obviously a joke but Deneuve is right: leopard and animal prints in general have their place in a woman's wardrobe. There's a huge difference between being dressed for 90s Miami in Versace coupled with Cavalli and having a few animal prints garments integrated into a more sedate wardrobe.

    YSL:
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

  20. #4280

    Default

    Fuuma that look is NOT a joke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •