Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussy
    • Jul 2011

RE: the high waisted pants, I think they work a lot better with the typical rick gymwear tops. They start to look silly with a more 'dressy' upper half, particularly the turtleneck. The puffer jackets were painful for me as well. The moto collars seem kind of flimsy? tacked on almost compared to the rest of the designs the were paired with. Half of the line tops didn't work for me.

I like a lot of the windy collar designs. Seems like a carry over from his women's line, which makes sense. I particularly like the mid sleeve length leather, though wish it was a bit boxier and carved looking.

Overall a weird collection. Rick's language is new to me, but as others have expressed, it felt like he was experimenting a lot. Though I can't say many of those ideas were successful for me, I'm excited to see how they're built upon next year (if he doesn't renege and abandon them altogether).
    Last edited by aussy; 01-19-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

i lol'd cause it's true

Originally posted by Lane View Post
      the best outfit was ricks

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Not on topic...but this pic taken outside the show is too good...it's like he knew what was the come.

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• KingJulien
          • Oct 2011

I'm really hoping you guys don't decide you love ugly down coats all of a sudden like what happened with the dresses.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

I was writing a huge post but then accidentally googled something and it was lost. So I'm frustrated.

Suffice to say that I'm not a fan this time (I think it's the first time that happens), and I'm usually very supportive of Rick venturing into new territories and experimenting with things.

I like the collection, I'm just not sure I like it from Rick. This is almost too luxe, too close to department store/magazine friendly chic, not looking out of place next to Prada, Jil or Dior, which is somewhat disturbing.

I like quite a few pieces as separates, but the whole thing is just off a tad. And also, I'm probably going to be the minority that thinks that the new shoes are way toned down. Not just "clean", but also easier to digest dumbed down version of RO trainers. Something Lanvin would do (in the sneaker department).

Out of all these were my favs:

Comment

• theconsumer
              • Feb 2009

... and sneaks before that. But even Rick reality distortion field has its limits.

Space suits are even less attractive than donut collars from last winter. So, there is clear progression here ...

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
              I'm really hoping you guys don't decide you love ugly down coats all of a sudden like what happened with the dresses.

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                There are a few decent looks, a few meh's...but this, this is inexcusable:

Comment

• Ivans On High
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2008

I think the show was worse in motion than in the pictures - those leather 'coats' particularly. There were only two looks I liked, and as has been said Rick's own outfit was the highlight.

The long coats with the faux double breast were particularly nice, as were the two looks with the leather shoulder jackets.

Those puffer jackets are absurd, and didn't work at all. It's funny thinking back to the shearling jackets from last AW and even the quilted bombers, and how everyone was saying they are unflattering. This is next level.

The sky blue shirt was also a wtf for me.

That being said, I agree with what has been said by BSR and others regarding the point Rick has reached in his career. He can't make everyone happy.

Comment

• arby2001
                    • Jan 2011

the tailored looks good, but nothing outstanding
                    the second half was mostly...unwearable, highfalutin nonsense. but #29 and #32 are alright.
                    too skinny for rick

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

that's cray
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

Too complicated, his simplicity was what I always loved

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

Liked the skirt, liked the footwear, fuck the rest. A few people said that it feels like someone else designed this and I agree. I need to go look at the women's so I can decide if that feels like Rick either.

Originally posted by modalsaliency View Post
                          One of these days I shall understand the appeal of high-rise pants beyond the novelty of having high-rise pants.
                          The right pair of high rise pants will have an interesting feel that's a nice change of pace when everything else in my wardrobe rides my hips, but I guess that doesn't defuse your comment about novelty. Plus, they make you look taller. I have a pair of British Interwar fatigues that are nearly the perfect high waisted pant, except that I drown in the legs, so I might be taking them apart to build a new pattern around the top block soon.

Originally posted by rider View Post
                          high waist's never caught on in women's wear either, problem is you need to be very tall to pull it off.
                          extremely appealing boxy coats (after look 29) and interesting take on wellies.
                          I completely disagree.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

LVR video with just a smidgen from the show (and a bunch of bullshit). anyone got a better one yet?

anyhow, it's as if the first looks are about presenting what goes on underneath the blazers/suits that come after - (assymetric) dress shirts, waistlines of pants, poloshirts, all tucked in neatly as one would when wearing the jacket/blazer over it. it's like educating people on a formal rick suiting system and what the components of it are.

so yeah, i'm thinking mrbeuys is right on where the focus of this collection is...
                            Last edited by Shucks; 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Creep
                              • Oct 2011

i have to say that i love the tailored jackets, though the play in proportions might lead to the RO silhouette being dramatically altered and i cant say i will be a fan of that. im guessing that this is just a case of rick wanting to re-invent himself or its just a case of his pedantic personality showing.

the turtle neck pieces in off white are straight up disturbing though .
                              hip hop died with biggie and pac.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

yo dawg, i heard you like cheap shiny leather, plastic looking boots, and giant michelin man puffer jackets

oh, and grandpa pants

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎