Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by boodude View Post
    ^^ agree with the above although in the past I have emailed 2-3 times to INK to inquire about some WM rings and never got an answer. So I decided to spend my money else where. Did not see the "great" customer service you have experienced.
    Your are right, that happened to me as well during this year. On the other hand none is perfect and this fact can't change my overall perception about ink.

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
    In the case of INK, you might be dealing with a company who's web-store shares stock with their retail store(s) and a lot of POS systems don't operate in real time, even in this day and age. So their web inventory may not get updated until a system polls at the end of the business day.
    Yes you are right, I forgot to mention it.
    My point was that whatever system an online retailer uses, it should ease the job of the owner not make it more difficult.

It's also pretty common for e-comm platforms to oversell an item because a lot of the bigger ones (mr porter, anything yoox powered, the corner, etc.) have to review orders (i.e. all of the fun fraud prevention steps a retailer has to take). So if customer X places an order for an item and it's the last one and his order falls into review, 'technically' the item is still available. So if customer Y wants the item and places the order and his purchase doesn't fall into review, he gets the item.
    This can technically happen with every online store. I have some experience working with frauds in a ticket company and at that time the contents of the order that was under review were not available till the end of the investigation.

I have no doubt that INK is a retailer that routinely goes above and beyond, so didn't mean to refer to them as 'normal' across the board, just in this particular circumstance.
    I made a general reference, it wasn't about your post
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

in case anyone is considering ordering from 'fashionqueen.net', because they trawled through all the junk and then found a deal that is too good to pass up, don't. it's a scam site.

Comment

• IALAB
        Banned
        • Feb 2014

Archive in SF, as many have mentioned, has very good customer service. Nice store, good products, guys there are easy to chat with. Also, Spence clothing has very good customer service over e-mail.

Comment

• ulrich133
          • Dec 2012

Yesterday marked the 4th time i've been to Assin in Melbourne, and the 4th time i've gotten rather poor service from them.

For what its worth I'd take Marais in Melbourne's Royal Arcade over them any day since i've only ever gotten excellent service there + they've always had a far greater variety of pieces on offer on the mens side than Assin as far as i've seen of both.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by boodude View Post
            ^^ agree with the above although in the past I have emailed 2-3 times to INK to inquire about some WM rings and never got an answer. So I decided to spend my money else where. Did not see the "great" customer service you have experienced.
            Yeah. Asked them about MA+ accessories, no answer for 1 week. Even asked at their instagram (if you manage a social media, you pay attention to it), no answer. Guess I will call them directly now.
            UPD: a person on a phone was able to find my email right away once I mentioned it... Strange.

Comment

• fireflygrave
              • Aug 2012

Just want to give Ink some positive feedback in here. They were super helpful and answered all my questions within a day of emailing them, and when I bought the piece it was shipped out within 4 days and got to me in the US within 1 week of placing the order. For free shipping from China I think that's great. I would definitely buy from them again.
              put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by newp View Post
                Yeah. Asked them about MA+ accessories, no answer for 1 week. Even asked at their instagram (if you manage a social media, you pay attention to it), no answer. Guess I will call them directly now.
                UPD: a person on a phone was able to find my email right away once I mentioned it... Strange.
                Emails fall through the cracks. Anyone with a long email queue knows this.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Emails fall through the cracks. Anyone with a long email queue knows this.
                  Probably this is why they haven't answered me yet despite a man said he found my email =)
                  Guess I will call again.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I find it's always better to call as well.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

has anyone emailed the official RO online store and actually got a reply? I've made a couple of enquiries and haven't heard thing. never had any issues with emailing the actual stores over the years, they were always very prompt and pleasant to deal with.

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
                        has anyone emailed the official RO online store and actually got a reply? I've made a couple of enquiries and haven't heard thing. never had any issues with emailing the actual stores over the years, they were always very prompt and pleasant to deal with.
                        First time I contacted them I've got an immediate reply (almost, in 1-2 hours), second time it was about 2 days.

They are Italy-based and so far quality control of their work is also Rick Owens ™ so just try to write them again and express your slight disappointment with the lack of previous reply.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by newp View Post
                          First time I contacted them I've got an immediate reply (almost, in 1-2 hours), second time it was about 2 days.

They are Italy-based and so far quality control of their work is also Rick Owens ™ so just try to write them again and express your slight disappointment with the lack of previous reply.
                          I made purchase for the drkshdw fanny pack in size S from the online store last week and they sent me one with a wrong size label attached (actual waist measurement of the item that I received is equivalent to a size M), so it is too big for me.

I send them an email last Thursday and an additional email on the day after, it is Monday today and I have no reply from them yet. May be it is the weekend, but I really want to get it sorted out as soon as possible.
                          Last edited by whtnnk986; 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• cloonz
                            • Aug 2011

I bought something off farfetch and they asked to verify my ID/CC info through e-mail. I followed their instructions and they still ended up cancelling my order. Now the thing I wanted is sold out in my size.

Fuck it, I don't want to deal with them anymore anyway.

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                              • Dec 2013

I'm going to share a story, and attempt to condense it for readability..

I bought a Yang Li suit from Ssense. They didn't include the interior strap. When I asked about it, they first had me send them pictures of the lack of strap, then told me that since they didn't stock the item anymore they couldn't confirm whether or not the strap was ever actually included. Abysmal service.

I emailed Yang Li's studio, and Laurence went so far out of his way to help me with this, I still can't believe it. He had a strap made for me, and mailed first class, free of charge. He also included several Yang Li postcards, and stickers, and a hand signed note from him. I don't think I've ever received such great customer services, in any industry. and I want everybody to know how well Yang Li's studio manager treats his customers.

Here's to you, Laurence!

Comment

• newp
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post
                                I emailed Yang Li's studio, and Laurence went so far out of his way to help me with this, I still can't believe it. He had a strap made for me, and mailed first class, free of charge. He also included several Yang Li postcards, and stickers, and a hand signed note from him. I don't think I've ever received such great customer services, in any industry. and I want everybody to know how well Yang Li's studio manager treats his customers.
                                Here's to you, Laurence!
                                Made me want to buy something by this designer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎