Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

yeah for sure... would be nice to get some confirmation, whether yes or no, so both party's can just move on...

personally, i think they would like to get the sale in store rather than having to deal with someone like me that is overseas.... .

Quote Originally Posted by Maison d'Ashraf View Post
    yeah for sure... would be nice to get some confirmation, whether yes or no, so both party's can just move on...

personally, i think they would like to get the sale in store rather than having to deal with someone like me that is overseas.... .
    Who wouldn't? Internet sales are a total pain in the ass compared to a walk-in customer.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Who wouldn't? Internet sales are a total pain in the ass compared to a walk-in customer.
    Except for that one guy who smells stuff and asks if it's made of hemp

lmao
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

No offense, but you were technically asking a legitimate business to break your country's law. A) not the best thing to do B) not the best thing to write on a public forum. I sympathize with your situation though - it does suck to get hit with customs.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

That, and I'm not sure if anyone has ever gotten good service there anyway.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

my limited dealings with Vertice convinced me that I shouldn't be doing business with them; chiefly the bullshit charges they tack on to overseas sales (insurance, "handling" fees etc.)

diorowen, judging by your purchase history you seem like a dude who's been around long enough to know better when it comes to making purchases for items that have limited size runs or aren't assured of being picked up by most stores, can't you just develop a good relationship with one store and perhaps be assured of putting an order in for the piece you want each season instead of hopping around all stores?

and coming from someone who lives in Australia and has to deal with the same customs practices, the only comment I have is be less naive about things when extracting promises from stores that essentially implicate them in breaking international import/export laws?
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

@faust,
    now you said it, I think its not a good idea too.

yea, I understand your point @stereophobic. I never really have this kind of experience before, and I've just started liking BBS stuff recently. I usually get my BBS stuff from Darklands, and INK, but unfortunately Darklands didnt bought the certain piece I wanted, and Pita can't confirm that they will have the certain pieces.. Since they didnt carry it, I start hopping around store trying to find size XS.
    oh well, do you know any BBS stockist in Melbourne?
    haha, out of desperation I even ask Eastern Market to start getting BBS. but they said they have too many brand already.
    ps: for you who live in Melbourne and havent been to EM before, you should go.

@lowrey
    really? that's new for me. well before I paid for the item they seems 100% reliable and really nice to me. or perhaps I was just too naive.

anyway, I'll just put it in classified if I cant justify myself to wear em :p.
    still trapped in my juvenile state

i've never had anything but absolutely perfect service from vertice, and i order quite frequently. i do everything via e-mail and don't pay the additional charges, packages are always marked low value without me even asking, and the staff are some of the best i've encountered. they also really take care of their regular customers.

Harrolds and Assin stock BBS.

@raw,
    Assin did, but very little selection for me.

not sure about Harrolds, haha, I just came there to check their Julius and SFTM stuff last time. well will check again :), thx for the info.

@jskidder,
    :) glad to know that other doesnt have the same experience as me. haha.
    still trapped in my juvenile state

Default harolds

A friend that worked at Harolds said no more BBS, this was about 1 year ago.

I've just been dealing with Paul and his team at 'The Serpentine' in Toronto. I have to say they are one of nicest teams I've dealt with. Incredibly friendly, professional, efficient and they put the customer first.
    Buy from them with absolute confidence.
    Last edited by eton97; 09-15-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

met Paul in Paris, cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by agentred View Post
    I can't comment on returns/complicated requests, but I had a perfectly normal experience with Darklands - order placed, order received, end of story.
    I have had no issues with darklands orders at all. Did not do any returns though

Had a good transaction w/ Darklands as well. Emails were all answered within 24 hrs. Would definitely buy from them again as long as it's something they have in stock.
    Last edited by jordache; 09-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.

^ Really? Darklands don't mark down value afaik

On a recent trip to NYC and had some time to visit a few of the sponsors here...

James at Atelier - new space is a big change from the old space at Hudson but still a very chill atmosphere and lots of new pieces in stock. Great to meet and deal with James.

Team at GrayMarket - managed to get out to Brooklyn and met Alex, Wei and Yoonji. Great people and a wide selection of items from past seasons. I spent a lot of time there just chatting and trying on items.

And I shouldn't forget Sydney's in Toronto...

Sandra & Sydney are great to deal with and there's always a lot of laughter in this very chill place.
    Quote Originally Posted by eat me View Post
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by poopbong View Post
    ^ Really? Darklands don't mark down value afaik
    Darklands itself does not mark down...but they have another store in Berlin in Mitte that is a pop up and they have big mark downs..

seen LUC, A1923, etc etc in that store

Anyone have any issues with orders from Antonioli or Luisa Via Roma getting hit with customs/duties in the US? It's been a while since I ordered form either site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRRRK View Post
    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.