Nespresso?

Almost real espresso without the mess.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by teeteet View Post
      Nespresso?

Almost real espresso without the mess.
      Eh, $50/lb for terrible coffee, and generating staggering amounts of trash/waste in the process doesn't seem so perfect to me. It's kind of staggering what you pay for what you get, as well as how much trash gets generated by a nespresso.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• blacktulip
        • Nov 2011

Another vote against Nespresso from me. Do it right or not at all!
        "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Never underestimate the power of convenience, especially in the good old US of A.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jippos
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Salumeria is a very different thing. I don't go through much charcuterie, but what they have should be good (preview nights were promising).

I tried a lot of mattresses (napped or slept on them), including a ridiculously expensive Hastings mattress with horse hair and stuff in it, the tempurpedic, and some McRoskey Airflex. I settled on an alpine mattress from European Sleepworks in Berkeley. I can't express how happy I am with it. They probably won't sell you one unless you go in, but it's worth the time or trip.
            Went yesterday to salumeria, and I really enjoyed the sandwiches I got. I was hoping, though, for a more extensive grocery. As is, it's pretty cool, similar to Fatted Calf.

As far as that goes, Quality of Life for me in some ways has also meant a little less convenience. Going to Fatted Calf for charcuterie, or going to Olivier's Butchery for meat. Dropping by the farmer's market for della fattoria bread. Making an effort to go to Bi-rite. We've been doing this much more lately, and relying less on the one-stop Whole Foods, for example. It feels great to support people who are passionate and knowledgeable about what they do, and we all know this extends out to clothing, as well.

Thanks for the mattress advice. There's just so much information out there that I was putting off doing any research. Now I've at least got a good place to start.

Oh, and i definitely agree with Heirloom about the vacuum cleaner, especially after having so many crappy ones (belts that break easily, poor suction, very loud).

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Which reminds me - adding Roomba to my list. Say what you will - when you are feeling lazy, it does a very good job indeed.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jippos View Post
                Olivier's Butchery
                I did not know this place. Will check out soon. Thank you!
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Icarium
                  • Oct 2010

Nothing new for this year, but I think my two highest ranking items are:
                  smart phone
                  amazon.com prime

oh actually for this year:

Discovered these at work, but they let me eat more guilt tree and I find that I'm more productive on one than when sitting. Gets the juices flowing or whatever.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

I concur on the vacuum cleaner. I just bought my first good quality vacuum, paid a stupidly expensive price for it but it is amazing. I don't think the carpeting in my appartment has even been this dust-free since the day I moved in. I'm super happy about that...

The main thing that has improved my quality of life is my puppy, but that goes without saying

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      Eh, $50/lb for terrible coffee, and generating staggering amounts of trash/waste in the process doesn't seem so perfect to me. It's kind of staggering what you pay for what you get, as well as how much trash gets generated by a nespresso.
                      my mother bought a keurig last year. i think she pays like $30/lb for that junk, additionally any coffee that's light tastes like water and anything bold just tastes like butt. and on top of all of that the machine just has different buttons that dispense a particular amount of coffee. but it doesn't tell you how much, it just has pictures of different styles of cups. fisher price my first coffee machine status

Comment

• Rosenrot
                        • Aug 2010

A garment steamer. As someone who wears long dresses it's godsent. No more tricky business over the ironing board, or putting up with the risk of burning my silks.
                        Originally posted by Patroklus
                        Better too adventurous than not enough
                        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

A+ thread. I really need to work on my quality of life.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• blacktulip
                            • Nov 2011

For good coffee on a budget, I would prescribe Aeropress. That and a Hario Skerton hand grinder (purely for the sakes of mobility and convenience) can be a late add to my list.
                            "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

having true good friends is probably the single most important thing in life, and the rarest. having just 1 REAL friend is like winning the lottery.

congrats on having 2

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

I have no fucking idea. Aside from having access to cigarettes I don't care that much about small details. I guess I like having good breadmakers, butchers, dry cleaners and coffee shops nearby and enjoy places where you can walk instead of having to go by car.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎