Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Loving the shorts/skirts. The flap is back.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Are you bitches gonna thank Lowrey for his hard work or what?
      Oops! Thanks Lowrey! Excellent contributions as always. We shouldn't take that for granted.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• avout
        • Nov 2011

Cheers Lowrey!

Agree with everyone talking about how he keeps doing things that are outside his customer's (and probably his own) comfort zone. The Naska skirts were pretty polarizing at the time, but I've seen them get nothing but praise in WAYWTs, and this season nobody batted an eye at the use of skirts. Not sure the clogs will go the same way, but opinions tend to cool down over time.

Personally I think the all-black clogs are nice, and I'd like to see them without the leg warmers. They might look cool with some tailored pants for instance. Like Shui pointed out, the scrunched up leg warmers are just too japanese schoolgirl, but I like how they look pulled up, and they'd look even better with some chunky dunks. Other than that, love the wrap shorts, and skirts + long top is probably my favorite combo right now. I was hoping for a lighter version of the FW "double-breasted" blazer, but oh well. Overall I feel this was a little less elegant, a little more casual than Naska, but still plenty interesting.

Oh, and that bomber will sell like hotcakes.

Comment

• cremaster
          • Jan 2010

I also want to thank you Lowrey.
          For an internet infantile like myself you have provided an invaluable fashion resource through Scoute and now with sz-mag.

Instead of having to wade through pages of unappealing websites, your selection of photographs always seem to capture the most interesting angles and elements of designers.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

We've seen him play around with these sort of geometric mixes quite a few times these past few seasons and I think this is his most successful iteration yet - more tribal, more (this word comes up more and more) 'priestly' like someone patching over holes in a worn robe and less like the past seasons where it was the harsher (almost Dior Homme-esque) black and white with more exacting geometry. Excited to see him expand on this in future seasons although I know that I'm personally too dull of a dresser color-wise to probably pick any up.

Very excited to see this in stores, I think the styling definitely obscures how wearable some of the even more 'extreme' pieces are. Excellent balance between Rick's particular brand of 'soft' but with a weird, masculine edge.

(thanks lowrey!)
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

"theres always this element of androgyny thats always appealin i think in men if they can pull it off "

think thats 100% true . theres a kinda pseudo crossdressy thing w/ his stuff like tall medges in python , skirts , u kno what i mean , but i never find it to be the dominant theme . its an element thats there but
              one doesnt have to incorporate it in ur wardrobe . but theres stuff here for those who dont want to wear sandals . u got some real nice blazers , interestin fabric parkas , variations of his bombers and u dont have to style it the way its done on runway. i dont judge a collection becos of how its styled for a show . homme plus is a good example of this , runway styling theres silly wigs n crazy makeup but once alot of the clothes trickle into stores and u see them away from the runway theatrics ppl are often like ohhhhhh nice

oh ya thx for the pix lowrey , i was tryin to look at the ones on nowfashion but yours are way better

Comment

• etgreg
                • Jan 2011

Fuck it; I'll wear the clogs. I wear similar now, but adding the creeper sole makes it more "aggressive" appealing to me and the socks/leggings tie it together. I also wear the oversized sunglasses, which most hate.

The collection has a soft presence and the choice of colors are spot on. I like the mix of earth tones with black; lots of options. The transparent jackets are nice and the leather collard jacket is a stand out piece.

Priestly? It's there, but I also get a Nomadic vibe.

I like it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Are you bitches gonna thank Lowrey for his hard work or what?
                  Thank you, Lowrey, for your hard work, really

Well, I agree with everyone who thinks that this collection was very solid and balanced. In this case, progress and development of ideas that attended last years is really visible. Maybe clogs are not the best option for summer shoes and look like Mango and collaboration Incarnations, but I think they will be more popular than medges. And legwarmers, as correctly noted by Avout will become a good communication between shorts and any type of boots and dunks.

Comment

• blowdown
                    • Feb 2011

tailloring and leathers seems pretty fine for me, quite like the long jacket, however just cant stand the clogs, looks like what my aunts are wearing

Comment

• diorowen
                      • Aug 2010

Thank you lowrey for your hardwork.
                      Reaallly appreciate em.
                      I dont really like the geomety stuff projected on the pattern and color.
                      Seems less convincing in term of design IMO.
                      But i really love the leather shirt jacket and leg warmer. Inspirative!
                      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

not sure how to embed vimeo, so here is a VIDEO from ASVOFF...

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

ahh nice ver nice , thx for the vid . love bein able to see the clothes from the side view as they walk away . im likin the clog w/ the metallic sole . only thing im not keen on are the moo moos like mrs roper , everything else i love

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

yeah i've watched the video a few times, and looked thru the collection a bunch of times, and i like it tons. those panelled shorts are obviously super nice, and i'm really liking the triangular pattern in grey (tho i may end up just getting stuff in black anyway) - it reminds me of those awesome oversized raf bombers in urban camo from way back. i've seen a few pieces from mountain in the same pattern already i think?

parkas and long bombers look great, the legwarmers too - nice bit of styling i think (panos yiapanis as usual??). and like i said already, sheer fabrics look cool - def. interested in seeing where they will end up in on store buys.

and the black asymmetric leather vest with chest patch is nice!!

don't like the peep-toe on the clogs, but who knows, i might change my mind by next spring.

island seems more grounded than mountain, where i picked up a really strong idea from the presentation before looking at individual pieces.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Really nice collection and seems to strike a balance between the more recent tailored looks and the relaxed sporty Rick. Even those longer skirted pants look super sharp, while being very soft in motion. Clogs - well, that's a tough one but as far as summer shoes go, they are better than any sandal I have seen. As a complete silhouette though, the look is pretty perfect. Rick always says he is thinking about his clothes sculpturally, and here it really shows - the clean lines, the elevating sole of the shoes, broken up by the softness and volume of the leg warmers (and let's admit, bare men's legs aren't pretty) just work really well. It all looks completely comfortable and indeed the kind of stuff I would take on an island vacation with me.
                              What I find interesting is the increasing influence of Michelle on the Owens universe. Not that it's not been there before, but it feels so much more explicit in the past year - from Hun, her jewellery, the furniture, to the clogs and bracelets in Island and her voice on the soundtrack. It also feels like recent interviews have been all about Rick, Michelle and their family (see the latest i-D for example), rather than Rick Owens.
                              I believe it's what keeps him moving in new directions, they are indeed an intriguing pairing.

Also, Arto - wonderful pictures and I am impressed how quickly you uploaded them after the show.

And, the obligatory Tim Blanks vid:

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                (and let's admit, bare men's legs aren't pretty)
                                DISAGREE

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎