Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 765

Thread: Boris Bidjan Saberi

  1. #621
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkart View Post
    Faust,
    I am a long time buyer of Boris since their first season. Therefore I keep up with news of the designer and stores relationships. I am a non EU customer, therefore when i purchase item from an EU store. Rationally, VAT will be removed. But retailers told me since BBSNY depend hugely on their web-store which is in US, their price is significantly higher than all EU stores. And BBSNY thinks it is unfair to them. Somehow Boris think all the stores should follow BBSNY price if its non-EU. Therefore we non-EU customers can't enjoy the price without VAT. Retailers from EU and other countries who rely hugely on their web-store suffer from this. Non-EU customers stop buying because of the overpricing of BBS(even non-EU price). We just dont understand, not until I go to a store and ask. Big retailers drop them or reduce their order therefore.
    I ordered 3 sneakers from Vertice not just for myself but also for my friends. They will be so disappointed . Thanks you BBS for making a mess.
    Faust, why dont you put your feet in my shoes and think about it yourself. You paid the deposit 6 months ago and got nothing in return. Why dont I invest the money? That's complete bullshxt. It is like BBS borrows money without paying interest. paying you back in 6 months.
    Ah, I understand your frustration better if you put down a deposit. Still, I am not sure you are getting a full story. I don't see why BBS would cancel Vertice's order for no reason. Anyway, I think it's a complicated story - people can shop around now all over the globe, so US stores are at a disadvantage on pricing. I hear stories from all directions, and I have the ability to put myself in many shoes and understand the frustration on all sides. That's the nature of the capitalist system if we want to go all the way to the bottom of the thing. Chanel has been normalizing prices across the globe for years now, just to give you one, much bigger example.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  2. #622
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, Hong Kong
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    hey man,

    I know youre triggered but just for reference sake, the store Im with at the current moment tripled their order for SS18 because the season was on fire with a bunch of new products. I do not know whats up with vertice but they sort of also failed me this season because they did not order my size for shoes so I kind of understand what you mean, but that is more of a vertice issue than a boris one if you ask me.
    Hello Trigger,
    I meant those retailers who rely hugely on web store, i dont think japanese retailers rely a lot on web stores selling BBS.
    And i meant BBS removed the whole order of sneakers in one particular from vertice. I know vertice suffers as well. Not just sneakers, some other mainline item as well

  3. #623
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, Hong Kong
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Ah, I understand your frustration better if you put down a deposit. Still, I am not sure you are getting a full story. I don't see why BBS would cancel Vertice's order for no reason. Anyway, I think it's a complicated story - people can shop around now all over the globe, so US stores are at a disadvantage on pricing. I hear stories from all directions, and I have the ability to put myself in many shoes and understand the frustration on all sides. That's the nature of the capitalist system if we want to go all the way to the bottom of the thing. Chanel has been normalizing prices across the globe for years now, just to give you one, much bigger example.
    Faust,
    Thats not complicated story at all. For your info, spy emails were sent to my local retailer store. They ask for price of BBS item, if they got any discount,etc. And a week later, my local retailer got a warning email from BBS team. Apart from this, BBSNY intentionally asked visitors(multiple) from my country, what price range or discounts their local store, which is my local retailers were giving them. Stores avoid to put non eu price on websites.

  4. #624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkart View Post
    Faust,
    Thats not complicated story at all. For your info, spy emails were sent to my local retailer store. They ask for price of BBS item, if they got any discount,etc. And a week later, my local retailer got a warning email from BBS team. Apart from this, BBSNY intentionally asked visitors(multiple) from my country, what price range or discounts their local store, which is my local retailers were giving them. Stores avoid to put non eu price on websites.
    The whole thing sounds weird, but I've heard grumblings from Ink even from a couple years ago about BBS, though most of the time I just hear people grumble about mainline. 11 seems to be doing ok in terms of stockists, but mainline has so few stockists around the world. I'm visiting L'armoire soon, I'm curious if they have any stories too!

    BTW, can someone explain what happens to unsold inventory if a brand dictates the price? Can the store not reduce prices at all? Seems a bit unfair if they take the risk of inventory but can't control their prices.

  5. #625

    Default

    /\ BBS seems to be inconsistent with the sale price topic. Some retailers aren't allowed to go over 20% off and some retailers will tell you that BBS doesn't go on sale at all. I believe the the 20% off may be the most accurate answer because thats what BBSNY adheres to.
    I contacted a store that had some merch from 4-5 seasons ago and it was still full priced.
    I emailed to see if it was going on sale and they said they are not allowed to put BBS on sale. I don't think it would be the decision of the retailer to let merchandise just sit for 2-3 years, gathering dust, without putting it on sale. I only assume its written in a contract that they are no allowed to discount the brand.

  6. #626
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
    /\ BBS seems to be inconsistent with the sale price topic. Some retailers aren't allowed to go over 20% off and some retailers will tell you that BBS doesn't go on sale at all. I believe the the 20% off may be the most accurate answer because thats what BBSNY adheres to.
    I contacted a store that had some merch from 4-5 seasons ago and it was still full priced.
    I emailed to see if it was going on sale and they said they are not allowed to put BBS on sale. I don't think it would be the decision of the retailer to let merchandise just sit for 2-3 years, gathering dust, without putting it on sale. I only assume its written in a contract that they are no allowed to discount the brand.
    Darklands/ nagnagnagshop has a 30% off on BBS. And they're having a special 10% off right now. So thats a total of 40%.

  7. #627

    Default

    /\ Yes, you are right. Maybe theres a reason that NagNag is presented as a completely different platform than DL. In other words... Its a different store. Lets say DL has a retailer contract with BBS. Obviously items that fail to sale @ DL after 3-4 seasons are removed from DL webstore and physical location. The items would then be sold on Nag nag which is presented as a separate entity.
    BBSNY does do 30% after 2 seasons have past. For example the current season is FW 17 so SS16 items would be 30% off at this time.
    HL has items from ages ago but it never goes on sale. Project 3.14 are currently selling archive items @ full price.

  8. #628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
    /\ Yes, you are right. Maybe theres a reason that NagNag is presented as a completely different platform than DL. In other words... Its a different store. Lets say DL has a retailer contract with BBS. Obviously items that fail to sale @ DL after 3-4 seasons are removed from DL webstore and physical location. The items would then be sold on Nag nag which is presented as a separate entity.
    BBSNY does do 30% after 2 seasons have past. For example the current season is FW 17 so SS16 items would be 30% off at this time.
    HL has items from ages ago but it never goes on sale. Project 3.14 are currently selling archive items @ full price.
    I think the above is only true for stores with online stores, where the prices can easily be checked. I've found BBS at up to 50% off at offline-only stores.

    ...I guess I found the answer to my question in another thread about why more avant garde stores don't have online stores: because they don't want brands to see them lowering prices! Still seems unfair to me why a retailer should bear all the risk without being allowed much leeway in price. I don't think BBSNY has enough retail strength on its own for the brand to piss off its other retailers.

  9. #629

    Default

    As an aside, have the new "dirty" colourways of the Salomon Bambas dropped anywhere yet? I'm only seeing the clean versions of the black/white/mixed.

    Might be a minority opinion, but the Speedcross has grown on me, and they're super comfortable.

  10. #630

    Default

    Ssense was even 50% off last season.

  11. #631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barryooi View Post
    As an aside, have the new "dirty" colourways of the Salomon Bambas dropped anywhere yet? I'm only seeing the clean versions of the black/white/mixed.

    Might be a minority opinion, but the Speedcross has grown on me, and they're super comfortable.
    I don't think they are doing them this season only bamba 2 (front zip) in dirty unless someone special ordered, same thing for next season just colored jungle ultra (combat) and bamba 2 no speedcross but I would have to double check not sure off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

  12. #632

    Default

    Guys , guys , kool down Antonioli have 11 BBS all blk jungle boot and all blk zip front boot NOW !

  13. #633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barryooi View Post
    I think the above is only true for stores with online stores, where the prices can easily be checked. I've found BBS at up to 50% off at offline-only stores
    Me too: some week ago, I get a nice pair of SS17 Bamba at 40% off... off-line, obviously!

    Stop e-commerce, let's go back to the store...

  14. #634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jap808 View Post
    Stop e-commerce, let's go back to the store...
    this works, if the store cares to stock something good, but if they have bad buyers then you know you're going to get bad buys. and that is just in general. I think its great they have the seasonal P13 at your XYZ store but I want like P25s man, I am way passed the elementary level. with that being said labels has had really solid buys for these last two collections. I am very fond of their buyer.

    edit: what I was trying to say was that not one store can satisfy your need, be it by sold out of your size, or nothing interests you.
    Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 09-26-2017 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

  15. #635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    I don't think they are doing them this season only bamba 2 (front zip) in dirty unless someone special ordered, same thing for next season just colored jungle ultra (combat) and bamba 2 no speedcross but I would have to double check not sure off the top of my head.
    That's what I meant, I'm looking for the dirty grey Salomon Bambas. I brought up the Speedcross cos I really didn't like the Salomon collab when I first saw it, but they're my go-to sneakers now for how comfy they are, and I expect the same of the Salomon Bambas

  16. #636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newp View Post
    Ssense was even 50% off last season.
    That was only for 11, wasn't it? Mainline maybe got like 20-30%.

  17. #637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    this works, if the store cares to stock something good, but if they have bad buyers then you know you're going to get bad buys. and that is just in general. I think its great they have the seasonal P13 at your XYZ store but I want like P25s man, I am way passed the elementary level. with that being said labels has had really solid buys for these last two collections. I am very fond of their buyer.

    edit: what I was trying to say was that not one store can satisfy your need, be it by sold out of your size, or nothing interests you.
    I'm with you. I think more stores should have the freedom to control retail prices to go along with the freedom to operate e-commerce stores, so they can reach a wider demand and ensure the viability of both retailers and the brands, but by being forced to limit their reach, they naturally have to play safe with their buys.

  18. #638
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, Hong Kong
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Thats why a lot of retailers start dropping BBS. You only see 11 by BBS all the time.

  19. #639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barryooi View Post
    I'm with you. I think more stores should have the freedom to control retail prices to go along with the freedom to operate e-commerce stores, so they can reach a wider demand and ensure the viability of both retailers and the brands, but by being forced to limit their reach, they naturally have to play safe with their buys.
    Sure, the way stores operate now is disadvantageous for the customer. If retailers could alter list, then that would create even more competition resulting in lower prices. But, the huge profit margin actually helps stores make more adventurous buys, increasing consumer options.

    Competitive list prices would shrink that margin and the focus would shift even more to quantity of sales to accommodate. A smaller margin means less flexibility in terms of markdowns, which we're trained to seek out (see JCP, this could even result in fewer sales). As a result, the buys would become boring/predictable because the chances of selling a less 'wearable' piece is much lower.

    As it is now, those pieces are worth the risk for bigger stores, because if they sell at full retail its a huge profit. Sometimes there is only one store that buys a specific piece, so whale customers are likely to pay more just to secure it in their size. After they have their go at the stock, the remaining pieces can be gradually marked down reaching different consumer bases, eventually with the goal of simply recouping funds to invest in the next season's buy.

    The whales will obviously still buy with smaller margins and less significant markdowns, but a lot of other customers will not. The risk is higher for less reward. Why buy 1x which has a 33% chance of selling when you can buy 3y (when 3y = x) that has a 100% chance of selling for the same profit.

  20. #640

    Default

    Speaking from the perspective of a past BBS fanatic, I can appreciate what Darkart is saying here.

    BBS buys seem to be static as hell, now more than ever -- maybe more of a retailer issue but then, wouldn't that signify Boris' more recent forays are not as appealing?

    All I'm saying is that for someone that wants to invest in the brand, there's not really much to go for after buying from a few seasons -- same button downs, same jackets, same pants every collection. Really the only distinguishing factor from season to season (presently) is the changing up of the primary colour (or two), or the finish on the P13's.

    Would really like to experience the diversity in offering we saw from FW14 - SS15 again...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •