X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qazwsx
    • Feb 2012

Great idea!
    Well if SZ could build up this kinda bridge and provide this service, there's also nothing wrong to charge
    "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• nostromodo
      • Jan 2011

I also think it is great idea!!!

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

great idea, i think you should consider it professionals as well to help affiliates and others with e-commerce

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

I use a pay-per-listing service that is strictly for the arts and culture sector. Museums and galleries rely on it to find interns or entry-level people in a pinch. The response can be so overwhelming that fashion people spill over to find work on this side. I don't mind paying for it as long as I know I'll get a couple hundred resumes in a month.

Should SZ start a jobs board, I suggest not to invite individuals looking for work to post resumes or portfolios. People looking to hire would rather not look for talent this way. Also, stay exclusive to fashion, or jobs related to the fashion industry.

So what's the job market like in fashion these days? Can't be worse than finding work in the arts...
          Last edited by endersgame; 04-08-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• chestercopperpot
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
            I use a pay-per-listing service that is strictly for the arts and culture sector. Museums and galleries rely on it to find interns or entry-level people in a pinch. The response can be so overwhelming that fashion people spill over to find work on this side. I don't mind paying for it as long as I know I'll get a couple hundred resumes in a month.

Should SZ start a jobs board, I suggest not to invite individuals looking for work to post resumes or portfolios. People looking to hire would rather not look for talent this way. Also, stay exclusive to fashion, or jobs related to the fashion industry.

So what's the job market like in fashion these days? Can't be worse than finding work in the arts...
            I totally agree. SZ should start a jobs board. I'm always looking to hire freelancers for web and dev projects for the company I work for. I'd love to stay in this community if possible.

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

I love this idea - I try and collaborate with people from SZ as much as possible already, and some sort of proper platform for this sort of thing would do nothing but expedite the process.
              —
              -

Comment

• olethomas
                • Dec 2010

why didn't anyone come up with this before? it's a brilliant idea.

Comment

• LiveinblacK
                  • Nov 2011

I would definitely jump on this.
                  And if so how soon could we look forward to it?

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

I agree this sounds like a good idea.

On a related note, any other grad students here (especially in creative fields) have suggestions for summer jobs that aren't soul crushing (in or around NYC even better!). I'm sure it's an anxiety of many grad students, when summer rolls around and the stipend checks run out it is a scary time. The problem is I'm too busy and teach during the school year to get something full time that I would continue into the fall. Maybe I'll go pick berries on a farm somewhere...
                    music

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Picking berries is hard work.

This project is on hold for now, but I will revisit it at some point.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

i'm actually looking for creative interns....paid interns

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                        I agree this sounds like a good idea.

On a related note, any other grad students here (especially in creative fields) have suggestions for summer jobs that aren't soul crushing (in or around NYC even better!). I'm sure it's an anxiety of many grad students, when summer rolls around and the stipend checks run out it is a scary time. The problem is I'm too busy and teach during the school year to get something full time that I would continue into the fall. Maybe I'll go pick berries on a farm somewhere...

Comment

• kuriz
                          • Nov 2010

Just had to bump this as I got so happy after reading about the idea of making a SZ job-index of sorts because I am actually looking for an 8 month non-payed internship (with marketing and/or sales) as a part of my education so I am sad to see that this is on hold. This would be a great idea though, I would definitely sign up and use it actively!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I need an intern myself to get all the projects off the ground, lol.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dreavan
                              • Mar 2012

Hi guys,

I'm based in Paris and I'm working during sales campaigns each PFW.

I already worked for many brands including some SZ favorite brands. I always try to manage my schedule to participate into many showrooms (quiet hard but it can work).

If you are a designer and looking for a commercial to reinforce your team during showrooms, let me know :)

BTW just to let you guys know, MMM is looking for a wholesale area manager. I wish I had more experience grrr lol

Comment

• kuriz
                                • Nov 2010

^^ give me a bed under the attic and show me a place where I can wash my clothes and I'm yours for 8 months

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎