Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

Good to know, thank you guys. If you find any appropriate pull tab, let me know, will do the same. Cheers.
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• coldknife
      • Apr 2013

so the zipper pull on my DRKSHDW mountain hoodie simply will not "lock" in place anymore. The function of sliding the zipper is still fine but it will simply not hold it's place.

Is it possible to replace only the zipper pull without removing any teeth, or does the entire zipper need to be replaced? Also what size zipper pull (if I can replace it myself) should I get?

Comment

• MJRH
        • Nov 2006

It's likely the pull, not the teeth. There should be a number on the back of the pull where it normally says YKK or whatever, and that's its size. I usually take broken zippers to my friendly neighbourhood tailor when anything like that happens
        ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• coldknife
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
          It's likely the pull, not the teeth. There should be a number on the back of the pull where it normally says YKK or whatever, and that's its size. I usually take broken zippers to my friendly neighbourhood tailor when anything like that happens
          I don't have any Raccagni zippers that have a number on the back, so it's kinda hard to identify the size of the pull. I'm not sure if the tailor I visit can fix it (I live in Toronto) but if anybody knows of one who can I'd be glad to give them my money.

Comment

• nunoris
            • Jun 2015

Hey, i guess its ok to ask this here.

I recently bought Julius cargos and my calves cant seem to fit when i sit. Should i take them to tailor to sew some elastic cotton strip on the leg? Ideas?

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

suggestions:

1) in the future, post questions like this in the 'small questions' thread.
              2) return the pants - that type of alteration i think will never turn out very good and it will also ruin the resale value of the pants without it really benefitting u. it's better to have some patience and find something that really fits u well.

Comment

• tonecrush
                • Jul 2013

Does anyone know if the pull tabs on Devoa like this can be gotten hold of or something very close? The previous owner broke the pull but the zip came unstuck pretty easily and is now working again (got a zip tie in for leverage )

"Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

those look like regular antique silver or nickel ykk excellas to me. try zipperstop.com maybe? u can do the replacing of the tab urself, using the one from the new zipper.

Comment

• tonecrush
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    those look like regular antique silver or nickel ykk excellas to me. try zipperstop.com maybe? u can do the replacing of the tab urself, using the one from the new zipper.
                    Excellent, thanks.
                    "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                      • Feb 2015

Anyone have any experience repairing zipper pull tabs? I purchased a pair of Geobaskets from FW13 Plinth and they came with the tabs missing to my chagrin.

Would it even be possible to source replacement tabs? A big part of the reason why I purchased them was because of the oversized antique brass pulls that were unique to that season.

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

Just came across thsi on the buy/sell RIck thread on FB and I thought it could be helpful if your zippers f up. It's a step by step process to fix zippers on Rick shoes.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

(Using the image as a guide). I got a hoodie with a two-way zip. At some point the teeth got misaligned and I couldn't fix the issue. Well, I did, but somehow the top slider got removed from the zipper teeth on its size and completely fell off. The second head is still sitting nicely by the bottom stop. What can I do to put the main/front zipper body back on? It looks like I'll have to remove the top-stop somehow? Sort of afraid though... seems like my Lampos were defective :(

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

Has anyone had any luck recently when it comes to sourcing older Raccagni zippers? One of the pulls on a pair of 2010 RO boots just broke and I need to replace it soon. I emailed Raccagni but I was reading that a lot of people don't even receive replies so I'd love to continue the search while waiting. Does anyone know anywhere that might sell the zippers in the US? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
                            Last edited by eleves; 03-31-2016, 05:38 PM.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                              (Using the image as a guide). I got a hoodie with a two-way zip. At some point the teeth got misaligned and I couldn't fix the issue. Well, I did, but somehow the top slider got removed from the zipper teeth on its size and completely fell off. The second head is still sitting nicely by the bottom stop. What can I do to put the main/front zipper body back on? It looks like I'll have to remove the top-stop somehow? Sort of afraid though... seems like my Lampos were defective :(

If you live in NY, you can always bring it to Botanitrim and have it inspected for repair or replacement. If you can't visit their store, send them an email or phone call. If that doesn't work out, just buy a whole new zipper from them.

Comment

• braver
                                • Sep 2013

Please, advice which zipper should I order to replace broken one on my Rick Owens' huge down coat from FW12? It should be similar to those he uses on newer padded coats, tubeway etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎