X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Went to the showroom today. I doubt anyone will actually be able to run in the sneakers. But kudos to Rick for refusing to put any branding on them - must've been on hell of an arm-wrestle with Adidas.

Oh, and the best piece of the collection was not on the runway. Long gimp hooded black cotton coat with leather trim and leather cut-outs. I want.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
      • Aug 2010

hey stemcell, that was a good post, I think you're spot on. I mean ricks earned his bones, he can just say fuck it now, and laugh in peoples faces.

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i actually think this is spot on

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
        Yeah I don't get why anyone would really hate this. I feel like it was supposed to be irritating, and the clothes were clearly supposed to be kind of... irrelevant. Which is a nice commentary in a way isn't it? These designers have to re-release crazy new ideas every six months, Rick already rebels against that by making very small changes and using a lot of repetition, maybe this was just the next step... I feel like it was a ridiculous fuck you to everyone, I mean did you see his face when he comes out at the end? He looks like he is about to explode with laughter, almost as if he goes up to the mic to say "thank you" but can't even get a word out cause he'd just collapse with the tickles. Spring collections are practically a waste, barely anyone is buying anything at retail, his brand is being overrun by an obnoxious new fanbase of pyrex queens, and I think the least he can do is say fuck it all and smile. I thought everyone on this forum would adore this collection because it seemed so scaled down, and a bit more similar to things that came before mountain... but I guess you can't please everyone. There's always next time

Comment

• stemcell
          • Jul 2011

Thanks.
          Here's a short clip of him talking about Vicious.

Last edited by stemcell; 07-04-2013, 01:13 PM. Reason: no reason

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
            I thought everyone on this forum would adore this collection
            some of us do.

show video also here (youtube):

Last edited by Shucks; 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

and some detail shots...

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

and the thread wouldn't be complete without a photo of a butt flap:

Last edited by Shucks; 07-04-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Uchiha
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by AliWong View Post
                        This view of the rick x adidas collab makes them looks passable, and dare I say more functional? (as a runner.) Though I am sure that tongue will still get in the way.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                        without the laces is more rickish, anyway I think now one will run with this. Too wide.

Comment

• stemcell
                          • Jul 2011

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                            try wearing short shorts and some running shoes to a hardcore show and then tell people ur vicious, I would like to be 10 ft away to youtube that shit..
                            with all due respect - because i sincerely appreciate your passion and point of view - the last time i saw fang perform sammy was wearing pink converse high tops, cut off denim short shorts, and an aging denim jacket with cut off sleeves. not only is he the embodiment of punk and hardcore - as a movement much less a music scene - but also tuff enough to hang on the yard with the big boys in san quentin. hardcore is what you make of it. there's no diktat. and it's a lot more than moshing in a circle pit.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

^.

Thanks shucks for the images.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                with all due respect - because i sincerely appreciate your passion and point of view - the last time i saw fang perform sammy was wearing pink converse high tops, cut off denim short shorts, and an aging denim jacket with cut off sleeves. not only is he the embodiment of punk and hardcore - as a movement much less a music scene - but also tuff enough to hang on the yard with the big boys in san quentin. hardcore is what you make of it. there's no diktat. and it's a lot more than moshing in a circle pit.

I actually totally agree w/ u, i just think the notion of this ss14 or any part of it especially the band being described as vicious is deception.
                                I would say one of the most "vicious" things I ever saw live was actually Shudder to Think opening for Smashing Pumpkins on the Hit Liquor tour before th single was released , it was at SDSU for like 2000 people mostly jocks and some stoners(this is about a month before SP got huge) and they came out buck naked and played their entire set that no one there had heard, it was 2000 white San Diegans calling them fags, faggots, various things that sounded like racism and threats and they just played, never reacted and to me they killed. I remember buying their album there and that's still one of my favorite albums.
                                The other live experience I would consider vicious would be Harry Pussy on their last tour. She wore a Giants jersey and had a headset and bicycle shorts, I believe she could tear the heads off of winnie poop just by looking at them. most vicious drummer/singer combo ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎