Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My work(all made by my hand)

Quote Originally Posted by profondo nero View Post
    Did you get your inspiration from Magdalena Abakanowicz?
    In my opinion, some of your work evoke a connotation of wearable Abakans.

I have never seen his work before, but I looked after his website that he works really great,looks absolutely incredible. I like them very much! Thank you very much recommended

^ more like claudy jongstra. looks really something amazing

Quote Originally Posted by cowsareforeating View Post
    ^ more like claudy jongstra. looks really something amazing
    Thanks bro!

quite amazing work. are you in school or working on a collection?
    i assume all the fabrics are processed?

I only saw some small pics on my phone before . Now I'm looking directly at this, and it's just simply significant

wow, amazing stuff and very distinctive!

Quote Originally Posted by 00-00 View Post
    I only saw some small pics on my phone before . Now I'm looking directly at this, and it's just simply significant
    Thank you for your support!

Wow, I am really impressed by the texture you used in your work. These look amazing and must have taken quite some time to perfect. My favorite is the shorter robe! They all make me want to cuddle up and read a book for some reason.

Beautiful fabrics, very well done.

the fabric manipulation is beautiful! very interested to know how you actually finished your pieces.. what process/processes did you put your fabrics/materials through? thanks ;)

Quote Originally Posted by luzek View Post
    the fabric manipulation is beautiful! very interested to know how you actually finished your pieces.. what process/processes did you put your fabrics/materials through? thanks ;)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Graygoose View Post
    Beautiful fabrics, very well done.

Thanks!

NO ONE sees the obviously blatant derivation and resemblance to Uma Wang??? from the shapes/volumes to the styling to the pocket/sleeve details... everything...

each piece seems directly 'lifted' from Uma's collections as the 'original image' to reproduce... there is NOTHING original here save perhaps a bit of handcrafting skills!!!

how shameless of you to show this here to gain praise!!! how dare you claim it's your 'work' whilst you are just trying to reproduce the effects of several of Uma's garments that you've perhaps only seen in pictures?!?!?!!!
    Last edited by surver; 08-17-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Well show us what you mean, dude.

FORMERLY NEW YORK SHITTY/CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS

While I can certainly see the logic in the above line of thinking and the similarities in fabrications and silhouette to some of Uma Wang's work, as noted, the fabrics themselves are very impressive and lovely. Bravo!

Yeah UW may be an influence , but if Zaz made these fabrics by his/her own research and development it is truly worthy of appreciation itself. It looks fantastic! And the simple silhouettes are perfect for such richly textured fabrics. UW work was influenced by other greats we know here also. So lighten up please. I would also like to see anyone show something they made that is at least as compelling as Z's work .

Surver, if you were to flip your shit on all those who's work has, at some point, been a derivative of more noteworthy predecessors, then I think you might just actually run out of exclamation points.

The focus here is on the fabrics, is it not? Relax.

you all should go visit and see Uma's work in person first, before making these naive comments. and yes, it is about FABRIC, and how the fabric is translated into its final form as a garment.

what is being shown here is, almost, LITERALLY trying to replicate both fabric + form she has seen from various UW pieces and claiming them as her own.