• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Great read, thanks!

And I would disagree with this -U..:

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    It's not enough to have the funds and be willing to shell them out. No... you need to WORK at it!
    I've argued somewhere else on this forum that this is, imo, a segmentation strategy aimed at selling the clothes to the core consumer, ratehr than to somebody who has the money to buy it. The idea being that only fans will know about the next drop or will be willing to spend the time to wait in line. This in turns helps in keeping the brand exclusive through a strategy that has almost nothing to do with prices.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by -Untitled View Post
      “People say it is expensive? You don’t buy!"

He see's a gap in the market and has filled it. He may even be a contributing reason for Supreme garnering and sustaining a cult like following.
      This mantra is a just a meaningless way to say someone has made money providing goods and/or services. Unless you think monetary success is virtuous in itself (fuck you) then it has no bearing on the morality of said cash-gathering activity. Discourse has reached a dramatic level of thoughtless bullshit where no one ever challenges market-democracies values.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kamsky
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by surver View Post
        hong kong and china is littered with these kinds of 'society-parasites'
        Originally posted by -Untitled View Post
        “People say it is expensive? You don’t buy!"

He see's a gap in the market and has filled it. He may even be a contributing reason for Supreme garnering and sustaining a cult like following.
        Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        This mantra is a just a meaningless way to say someone has made money providing goods and/or services. Unless you think monetary success is virtuous in itself (fuck you) then it has no bearing on the morality of said cash-gathering activity. Discourse has reached a dramatic level of thoughtless bullshit where no one ever challenges market-democracies values.
        Fuuma, can you say more about your post? -Untitled's post is a reply to surfer's (it's quoted). I assume it is meant as a counter to surver stating that Peter is a "society-parasite" (sic; "societal parasite" or "cultural parasites"?).

I agree with you that monetary success is no sign of virtuosity. I assume that you object to Peter's practice of "flipping Supreme" while adding no value of his own. I further assume that's why you speak of morality, i.e. Peter is exploiting this artificial gap (that he himself created) and essentially piggybacking off the work of others (thus presumably immoral)? Please let me know if I have misunderstood, or if my own question is unclearly articulated.

To be sure, I'm not attempting to defend market-democracies' values.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kamsky View Post
          Fuuma, can you say more about your post? -Untitled's post is a reply to surfer's (it's quoted). I assume it is meant as a counter to surver stating that Peter is a "society-parasite" (sic; "societal parasite" or "cultural parasites"?).

I agree with you that monetary success is no sign of virtuosity. I assume that you object to Peter's practice of "flipping Supreme" while adding no value of his own. I further assume that's why you speak of morality, i.e. Peter is exploiting this artificial gap (that he himself created) and essentially piggybacking off the work of others (thus presumably immoral)? Please let me know if I have misunderstood, or if my own question is unclearly articulated.

To be sure, I'm not attempting to defend market-democracies' values.
          I am not offering an opinion on "Peter" and his business, merely on the absolutely dismal argument that:

a) x is making a profit selling z
          b) x business activity is virtuous

if a is true, then b is true

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Amen.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ambitot
              Don't care, if anyones making money. At the end of the day everyone is making money. Government first.

Respect for the Hustler, who is making any brand stuff looking more dope and rare.

"People say it is expensive? You don’t buy!" (c)

Comment

• kamsky
                • Jan 2007

I am not offering an opinion on "Peter" and his business, merely on the absolutely dismal argument that:

I see; agreed. My mistake, I thought you were (offering an opinion).

Originally posted by Ambitot
                Don't care, if anyones making money.
                In my estimation, not much to recommend this view, but to each their own.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

not bad, but you need to say what 'virtuous' is. i would guess that in some theories about what 'good/virtuous' is, making money is always profitable to society (debatable per se), hence by a utilitarian argument, 'virtuous'.
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                    not bad, but you need to say what 'virtuous' is. i would guess that in some theories about what 'good/virtuous' is, making money is always profitable to society (debatable per se), hence by a utilitarian argument, 'virtuous'.
                    I think the real questions comes backto aristotle. What is virtuous«6

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

I think the real questions comes backto aristotle. What is virtuous«6
                      good, i let you debate with Ambitot
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎