• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

R.I.P. RAW

Hi all,

Unsure where I should be posting this as there isn't really a section for it.

Anyway, it has come to my attention that Raw @ Benny took his own life on the 27th of October, I don't have much detail but according to his friends he has been struggling with depression for a while.

To those of you out there that might have experienced the same thoughts and emotions that he did, even if they only last a few fleeting moments: seek help.

Peace.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.
  • docus
    • Dec 2010

That's awful, so sorry to hear that :(

Rest in peace Raw.

I wonder if this should be moved elsewhere, so people who knew him can have a better chance to see it and pay their respects.
    Last edited by docus; 11-08-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• kompressorkev
      • Dec 2006

RIP Benny . Didn't know him well, but I always enjoyed our chats and he was always a very helpful and kind guy in our interactions. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

good idea, docus.

Comment

• eleven crows
        • Mar 2011

Aw fuck. I've had a few conversations with him over the years and he was always incredibly helpful, patient, and understanding.

Agreed this should be moved. He was a good guy and I think others in the forum that knew him would appreciate knowing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Wow. Huge shock!

Always seemed like a good guy on here and in the conversations that we had via PMs etc.

I hope that he has found his peace.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Rip Ben..
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• savant
              • Jul 2011

Oh shit

I email Benny occassionally from time to time, and his replies were always prompt and concise. As people have mentioned, he's one of the most down to earth members on the forums.

I emailed him a week or so ago but realised something was odd because he didnt reply me. So I just left it and assumed he went on a holiday

RIP good man
              Last edited by savant; 11-09-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

super good dude, so sad to see this happened, i think we talked once about devoa, it was very pleasant and he seemed pretty passionate. and he sent me links when I was looking for stuff... will be missed.

Comment

• gnow
                  • Jun 2010

Great Guy, Horrible news.

R.I.P

Comment

• Jbravo
                    • Feb 2013

I remember his waywt posts. So young. So sad.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

If you remember them, you remember the reactions he got. It should remind us all that fashion is as superficial as it can get and you never know what is bubbling underneath from a picture.
                      I hope the place where you are now is better for you, B. You will be missed.

Comment

• gnow
                        • Jun 2010

^^^ what DRRRK said. Not trying to guilt trip anyone, but I can't help but feel that clothing/fashion/SZ/the Internet had a good part to do in his life; and certainly hope that all the crude, unconstructive remarks he got did not add on to his depression.

Damn. I only communicated with him a couple of times, I really liked this guy; seemed very genuine n all. It really does sucks to know he has left us in such an unfortunate manner.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                          • Aug 2012

I am very sad to hear this. I didn't know Raw that well, but he pm:ed me several times when I needed help and acted in a very thoughtful, engaged and considerate way. He was one of the good guys.
                          The morning is not enough.

Comment

• Lo-ki
                            • Jan 2011

shocked , he had a good eye and demeanour. He rode the WAYWT episode like a trooper and stayed the course, gave me some good advice R.I.P
                            She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

So sorry to hear... Although I have never been too much in touch with him, through the forums, I have a feeling of familiarity. This really touches me. Sincere condolences to all his friends, family and those who will miss him. Hope there is a better life for you, Raw, wherever you are now.
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍