• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryanhast
    • Sep 2013

This AW14 Y/Project teaser video

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

The music, the camera cuts, the part where a tattoo explodes on her arm. Love it.

I like teaser videos that set a mood and nothing else.

Also, NSFW.
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

I'm happy you are happy.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I like the effect of the steel wool burning and running that in reverse.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

that's one of the worst calvin klein ads i've seen.

Comment

• i-d-g
          • Sep 2012

the music made this seem overly theatric.. almost comical combined with the awkward movement.

i could be interpreting it wrong but i don't really think that this is the new image that y project should be striving for..
          “Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• ryanhast
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
            the music made this seem overly theatric.. almost comical combined with the awkward movement.

I could be interpreting it wrong but i don't really think that this is the new image that y project should be striving for..
            I found the video funny and figured it was intentional.

Just curious, I don't know a ton about Y/Project, what "image" should they be striving for?

Were you thinking they should be striking a somber tone because of Yohan Serfaty?

Comment

• guardimp
              • Jun 2010

I'm not sure I understand what in this is the clothing teaser, unless y project is going to only be making the undergarments or see through clothing. I would say this is worse than calvin klein ads because in them you actually see a product. You might think they would strive to hold true to the vision that Sefarty had prior to his passing, regardless of not being somber. Here it almost seems whimsical and lacking a focus on the clothes as opposed to pure theatricality.

Comment

• ryanhast
                • Sep 2013

Your 'holding true to a vision" comment makes sense to me. Their previous videos were serious, abstract and sometimes dark. While this video is silly and energetic. So this feels like a departure for sure.

As far as the video lacking clothes, that doesn't bother me.
                This doesn't feel like an ad, feels more like a teaser video to set a mood. Similar to a teaser trailer that really tells you nothing about a film, and instead expresses a certain directed feeling to the viewer.

The mood I took was lots of movement, energy, and playful fun. Whether that translates into their FW14 line, I'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                  I found the video funny and figured it was intentional.

Just curious, I don't know a ton about Y/Project, what "image" should they be striving for?

Were you thinking they should be striking a somber tone because of Yohan Serfaty?
                  I am sure all their old videos are on vimeo.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• i-d-g
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                    this comment did nothing except for make you look like a sarcastic prick.

Originally posted by Faust
                    I am sure all their old videos are on vimeo.
                    the older videos are visually similar (monochrome, strange effects, certain b-roll, etc..) but have a much different mood and showcase some of the garments. that, to me, makes an effective teaser.

Y. PROJECT SS 2012 : Ad Vitam from CRISTOFOLIPRESS on Vimeo.

“Man has somehow always feared this search, and I fear it even now. Suppose all man ever does is search for the reason, crosses oceans, sacrifices his life in the search; but to search it out, actually to find it, he’s afraid. For he senses that once he finds it, there will be nothing to search for.”

Comment

• ryanhast
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by i-d-g View Post
                      this comment did nothing except for make you look like a sarcastic prick.
                      Fair enough. All I can say is that I wasn't trying to be a sarcastic prick. :)

That SS 2012 video was cool and had similar things going on. But you're right about the mood being way different.

That video didn't have any tattoos exploding onto peoples arms, so it scored lower in my book.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

i wish this thread would explode into ur arm...
                        horrible video, let's stop talking about it.

Comment

• ryanhast
                          • Sep 2013

Holy shit. I love this forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡