Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: DEEPTI (Deepti Barth)

Quote Originally Posted by kurta View Post
    Indeed -- they've removed the photos/sizes of their inventory, purchase links, even Deepti's name (and its linked landing page) from their DESIGNERS dropdown menu(!).
    I guess TriggerDiscipline was right, she wants to go the way of the Paul Harnden.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    I guess TriggerDiscipline was right, she wants to go the way of the Paul Harnden.
    Yes, also there some pieces at DAAD DANTONE in Milan, and they said that she doesn't want to appear in online store.

There are three pieces of Deepti online at l' Eclaireur.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouw View Post
    There are three pieces of Deepti online at l' Eclaireur.
    And now it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    And now it's gone.
    http://www.farfetch.com/hk/shopping/...=1&pv=60&oby=5

Some pieces on Farfetch

images still available through google cache if anyone who can't visit a store wants to view them...

Whole secrecy thing is frustrating, contrived and totally pointless.

A lot of pieces are uploaded (with m_moria footwear on top of that) to project_314 instagram (an affiliate boutique).

Handled it in person in London, it was really nice and deep tailoring (can I use this term for knitwear?), especially the sweater. I wonder how it will look like in 1-2 years when silver will be oxidized already.

Obviously the metal textile has piqued my attention, I'd love to know more about the application in this collection. Silver has a melting point of 960C, so I would imagine that it would just burn any textile it came into contact with. I have no idea how else you could liquify silver without melting it the traditional way. Very interesting!
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by newp View Post
    Handled it in person in London
    Who stocks Deepti in London?

What is deep tailoring?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by ahn View Post
    Obviously the metal textile has piqued my attention, I'd love to know more about the application in this collection. Silver has a melting point of 960C, so I would imagine that it would just burn any textile it came into contact with. I have no idea how else you could liquify silver without melting it the traditional way. Very interesting!
    I'm curious as well, although i would imagine it was woven using fine spun silver thread. Ann D. has used metal blended in with her fabrics in the past so I'm sure it is quite possible to increase the metal fiber %.

In regards to the oxidization, if the garment is regularly worn, it likely won't show much tarnish over time. You'll have to leave it for a while. Some silver products are coated as well to prevent oxidization... not sure if Deepti has done this as well.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    What is deep tailoring?
    Some term only Deepti could be described with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Who stocks Deepti in London?
    Library. I've asked to make a photo of sweater to share and got an immediate rejection from the staff. Not that I was unable to do it in a fitting room but whatever.

Library. I've asked to make a photo of sweater to share and got an immediate rejection from the staff. Not that I was unable to do it in a fitting room but whatever.
    what are the prices like?

Although I respect a designer's stance to remain as off-line as possible, from a business and long-term viability perspective, online sales are the way the world works these days. Time and time again, physical stores have folded because of the move towards international (ie- phone call purchases or online purchases... both reliant on digital images) or at least off-site purchases.

It would be a pleasure to be able to see and handle garments in stores, but with low production and only half a dozen stores in the world carrying the work, it keeps the work out of the hands and eyes of those that would appreciate (and likely buy) it.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

so deepti uses these reversible ykk's for the parka, it works out really cool.

the other side of the parka is black, very interesting mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ahn View Post

When I handled the silver sweater it did not look like or feel like silver thread. It was made of polyamide and did not look like it was spun with silver thread. It's likely done by some means of electrodeposition. So basically an aqueous solution of a silver salt is made(silver nitrate being the likely suspect due to moderate light stability, water solubility and accessibility) then the garment is immersed in it and either an eletrical or chemical reduction is initiated whereby the silver precipitates out in fine colloids and binds to the material. Although I can't be certain of this, it seems logical because the reaction can take place at room temperature and under mild reproducible conditions.

well....duh. i mean everybody knows that.

:-/
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Ha C. I just reasoned it be like chrome plating plastic, which is basically the same method. I could be entirely off the mark though.

Quote Originally Posted by boodude View Post
    what are the prices like?
    I don't remember it, sorry. Try to mail Project 314, they are fast and reliable (314projectmoscow@gmail.com) or any other boutique stocking Deepti.