• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
    ^^I so want to see a video of this. He's done everything from rainbows of color to this funeral attire. I love it all and you're right. It seems like he's in love with his craft and it's romantic side.

Want to see if that's ash falling from the sky everywhere or if it's piled on the runway prior to the show. Anyway, great production it seems but he's always kinda been a perfectionist.
    Yes, you should. The photos don't tell the story, because you don't see who the funeral is for. There was a 10 min performance piece before it.

Fantastic show, some really sharp tailoring, and BLACK instead of gray
    the black snow was a winner, needless to say. A few photos on StyleZeitgeist Instagram.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Yes, you should. The photos don't tell the story, because you don't see who the funeral is for.
      I was just going to ask who it was for!

Looks great, wish I still would've been in town for this.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shifts
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
        ^^I so want to see a video of this.
        This one is up on Youtube, but it is almost not worth posting it here as it comes nowhere close to delivering the atmosphere indicated in the brilliant pictures in this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uztlzg2WOU8

Until a better one is uploaded…

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Not a fan of Thom Browne in general but this I really like his works on A/W 2015. One of my favorite collections.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
            Not a fan of Thom Browne in general but this I really like his works on A/W 2015. One of my favorite collections.

I probably wouldn't wear any of this, as his work is not my style, but I think many of us need to develop the ability to appreciate the work of a designer even if it doesn't suit our personal taste.

One of the biggest problems in fashion now is Instagram and Facebook and the whole scope of social media resulting the over promotion of designers. Some designers have gotten lazy in the presentation of their work and so the spectacle of a fashion show has been seriously missing since the death of McQueen and the downfall Galliano

A brilliant designer such as Chalayan has really gotten cold. One of my disappointment with the last several Rick shows is that while having everything it takes in terms of talent, resources and a brilliant mind to put on a spectacle, the discussion has been over genital exposure rather than the technical and aesthetic innovation.

Thom Browne to me seems to be the lone "voice crying in the wilderness" and showing us the way.
            Junya did something special this season relative to traditional menswear offerings from him.

For me fashion is not simply about clothes, its much more than that. Great Fashion Designers have always been great story tellers with clothing being the medium of expression. Fashion over the last 10 years has gotten to bland, too commercial to clean in its presentation and i like that Thom is again working in the mold of the Great couturiers and giving us something to be exited about!
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

zamb, yes! I'd just like to add that it's so exciting to see the fine-tuned formal direction from talents such as TB, JW, Rei and of course Dries. streetwear has moved to lowest common denominator but this is IT. The bar is finally set higher with structure.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Fantastic show, some really sharp tailoring, and BLACK instead of gray
                Thom himself can't escape it though, still came out wearing at least one piece in his outfit that was grey.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
                  Thom himself can't escape it though, still came out wearing at least one piece in his outfit that was grey.
                  That's his uniform though. He's always wearing that outfit.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked at it again. The pants and jacket are darker than normal! My bad.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                    zamb, yes! I'd just like to add that it's so exciting to see the fine-tuned formal direction from talents such as TB, JW, Rei and of course Dries. streetwear has moved to lowest common denominator but this is IT. The bar is finally set higher with structure.

There are always times when fashion enters a crossroads where everyone is lumped into the same boat and when those times come, the great ones always separate themselves from the wannabes and pretenders

Tailoring has always been the trump card of great designers and talents.
                    I intuitively felt this a few months ago, that the street wear/ lounge aesthetic was not helping the cause of fashion's true talents and the posers where getting too much credit for the crap they were making. I felt we would see the return or at least the emergence of a new kind of dandy............at the time I could not express it well as it was a feeling I had but could not properly capture at the time.

I am sure you wont see anything like this at H&M or Zara or any high street store because refined tailoring is a skill very very few can even approach
                    Last edited by zamb; 01-26-2015, 01:59 PM.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I hope everyone is reading carefully what Zam is saying.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                        • Apr 2010

loud and clear! thanks for your words and insight zam & rider.
                        this is spot on!
                        Originally posted by Shucks
                        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                        Originally posted by interest1
                        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Bson
                          • May 2013

Beautiful show... Not sure how respectable it is to show upper thigh at a funeral, but I'll be open-minded.

Comment

• arby2001
                            • Jan 2011

same thoughts...great show, excellent execution of an intriguing concept, but not my style. if i had the money i'd buy 1-2 of the looks but no more, precisely because there are only so many funerals you can go to (or are you the most fashionable funeral director in town?)

i used to loathe TB but this one has made me a fan of his artistic vision
                            too skinny for rick

Comment

• k3mist
                              • Apr 2013

thom browne has consistently produced excellent collections and presentations for some time now. his versatility of color and themes while maintaining a signature look is quite outstanding.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎