• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Osseovs
    • Oct 2012

JULIUS_7 S/S 2016 - Paris

_ JULIUS Spring-Summer 2016 Collection
    [ sefiroth; ]

Photo source: derriuspierre.com/julius-springsummer-2016-collection-paris-fashion-week/

Last edited by Osseovs; 06-26-2015, 09:29 AM.
  • Osseovs
    • Oct 2012

Comment

• Osseovs
      • Oct 2012

Comment

• Osseovs
        • Oct 2012

Seems to be the line to put a close to the whole 'future' arc of seasons. A personal highlight are the skull-crushingly thick boots.

Comment

• ACM
          • Jan 2011

So wonderfully monastic and tribal. Haven't been this excited about a collection since Naska or Dior SS11...Man dress galore

Comment

• Osseovs
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ACM View Post
            So wonderfully monastic and tribal. Haven't been this excited about a collection since Naska or Dior SS11...Man dress galore
            The extensive use of draping is definitely great to see. Very little emphasis on the high-and-tight of jeans and jackets.

Comment

• Resonkuken
              • Oct 2012

Though I´m a fan of the futuristic assassin look of past Julius collections, this is a change I can appreciate. Much draper and flowy garments, not many exagerated prints and good use of black and white. Space monks FTW

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

glad to see Horikawa move on from the cyberpunk theme of the past couple of seasons however shamanistic Julius is my least favorite direction from his past collection, reminiscent of SS2010 neurbanvolker but without the edge. at the least the exaggerate lug sole boots are pretty bad arse and the below look resonants with me well (despite the distracting hunk of wood).

Comment

• Shifts
                  • Jul 2013

I know it is too easy to slander something instead of giving constructive feedback, but the guy with a blanket thrown over his head made me laugh straight out. First association was this:

The loose jacket in image number 6 is thumbs up though.

Comment

• Carol2046
                    • Mar 2012

Personally, strongest Julius collection since FW12 Resonance. All I can say is: nice to see you back old friend .

All those long, paper-thin tailored pieces looks perfect for summer, and the extensive use of white is much welcomed. Nice to see the return of accessories as well. I do believe that those hand-held wood-like pieces would make it to actual production. Perhaps someone who visits the showroom could confirm? And those thigh-high boots .

However I do think that the whole monk thing is pretty much dead and those are the pieces that appealed to me least. And seems there are very few leather jackets this time.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Carol2046 View Post
                      Personally, strongest Julius collection since FW12 Resonance. All I can say is: nice to see you back old friend .

All those long, paper-thin tailored pieces looks perfect for summer, and the extensive use of white is much welcomed. Nice to see the return of accessories as well. I do believe that those hand-held wood-like pieces would make it to actual production. Perhaps someone who visits the showroom could confirm? And those thigh-high boots .

However I do think that the whole monk thing is pretty much dead and those are the pieces that appealed to me least. And seems there are very few leather jackets this time.
                      I am sorry but there is no way this collection can be stronger than resonance, let us be serious here. Julius has seen a huge drop in quality since crack, and this brand can not be judged by looks alone and hope that in return you are going to get a fine product. I think prism had a stronger concept versus this collection, and I have been having things fall apart on me recently yet my resonance stuff looks just as new as it did back then.
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

He said strongest collection since Resonance, not stronger than.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                          • Nov 2014

I like S/S 15 collection more than this, but that's because the aesthetic from that collection is what i'm more drawn to. The draping for Sefiroth's on point; enough to give it shape and not just look like a lump of fabric on top of a person. I thought of desert drifters/monks as i was looking at the outfits. Great job from Horikawa, and a nice departure from the cyberpunk/space phase.
                          "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

I think this collection is way stronger than Resonance, particularly as a presentation. I might have like 5 jackets from Resonance, but other than the formal jackets, I actually thought it was a "best hits" sort of collection and probably the Julius collection that I own the least overall items from.

I'd say the best collection of recent was Ghost, but of course all of these posts from everyone are simply opinions....

This collection is amazing IMO. I agree with ACM that it's inspiring the same way Naska was for Rick. So glad Horikawa moved away from the past 10 years of his work, not because I don't like all that (I probably own more Julius than anything else) but because it's played out and nice to bring another jam to the show. I find this to be much more creative and really like the draping as well as the interesting Japanese-African-tribal fusion going on. Nice direction and I'm excited.

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Yeah I keep coming back to this, spectacular focus and execution to match.

Plus how can you hate whatever the fuck is going on with that manta blanket?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎