X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PurpleJesuss
    • May 2014

Ann Demeulemeester Women's S/S '16- Paris

Last edited by PurpleJesuss; 10-01-2015, 11:31 AM.
  • PurpleJesuss
    • May 2014

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
      • May 2014

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting. Hmmm, not crazy about this, though something tells me it looked better live.

I am not keen on him simplifying the Ann look and taking out the asymmetry. Ann is not a minimalist - the carefully calibrated mess is the beauty.

The outfit below - Ann would never make such a simplistically sexy silhouette. But whatever the fuck this top is - it's pretty fucking amazing!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Totally agree with this. While I don't hate this, I miss the flowing drape, asymmetry and layers of older Ann.

I do get a bit of a Helmut Lang vibe though, which I don't mind.

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I am not keen on him simplifying the Ann look and taking out the asymmetry. Ann is not a minimalist - the carefully calibrated mess is the beauty.
          music

Comment

• Mattiassa
            • Dec 2014

A bit of Ann and a feeling of Versace, maybe the highlighted colors I don't know, and Balmain, perhaps the paneled vests.

I'm weak for this flirtation with S&M culture, but at the same time, in it's essence it's not Ann anymore. Of course.

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Thanks for posting. Hmmm, not crazy about this, though something tells me it looked better live.

The outfit below - Ann would never make such a simplistically sexy silhouette. But whatever the fuck this top is - it's pretty fucking amazing!
              It was in collaboration with the artist Kate MccGwire. They're porcupine quills.

As a collection I quite liked it. I'm very much into the harnesses and the way it was styled.

As Ann though, I definitely agree that it doesn't feel like her and feels far more generally accessible.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

Seems pretty watered down and not very romantic.

The first few looks remind me of Balenciaga SS07. Maybe it's the styling with the sunglasses.

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post

As a collection I quite liked it. I'm very much into the harnesses and the way it was styled.
                  As I was scrolling down I was thinking just the opposite! They look so harsh and obvious - but not in a good way, as much as I love harnesses. I think Faust's point about removing the calibrated mess is probably the reason for it. I loved seeing lashings of feathers and silver all tangled together with leather and wool.

It seems harsh and 'sexy' rather than poetic. I take this look from ss10 as an example.

The quilled vest looks amazing from a distance though.

Comment

• Bson
                    • May 2013

Nice reference, GO. Ann also did a few leather harnesses in SS13, though I prefer the chain of course. We should be aware that SM has influences from his design pre-Ann that were blatantly sexual. And this pic shot by Diane Pernet oh my.... http://dianepernet.typepad.com/photo...en_meunier.jpg

I agree with a lot of comments above, and the brand was moving in a more minimalist direction the last couple years, though I still can't excuse the Heinz yellow and the Lululemon Teal... Eek. The prints look more Ann Taylor than Demeulemeester. I'm still waiting for a story or even some cohesion... Definitely some purchasable pieces in the mix though.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

On SZ-mag

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• amulet
                        • Apr 2015

That's my only problem with this collection too Faust... the silhouettes & styling in this collection feels too exposed & ultra-modern and doesn't carry any of the romanticism that I love from Ann. I'm trying to get used to the new direction Sebastian is moving the brand into, but there is always something that doesn't feel right with me.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎