• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Comme des Garcons Women's S/S 2016 - Paris

Last edited by Ahimsa; 10-03-2015, 04:46 PM.
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Mattiassa
      • Dec 2014

The cocooning effects, the black anemones coming out of the dress, feathers and furs, all very organic and earthy. I want to reference Yayoi Kusama here because I came to think of her work, but without the sparkling pop art colors.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

She keeps moving the women's squarely into non- clothing territory and this is no exception.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          She keeps moving the women's squarely into non- clothing territory and this is no exception.
          Would you call this a good or a bad thing? I can appreciate CDG's runway from an artistic standpoint... Since there's never been a consistent specific theme from what I've seen, it is always amusing that I have no idea what to expect.
          who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I think it's bad, because it's rendering what she does on the runway meaningless. My fear is that Rei will end up talking to herself while selling perfumes and play t-shirts.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ronin
              Banned
              • Dec 2009

One could call it challenging the boundaries of clothing, or one could call it the perks of being 73 and so unanimously respected you can do whatever the heck you like. Still provides my biyearly dose of sartorial fun, but I too liked it better when it could be rendered in real life, and when there was something more to it. I think being too over-the-top makes the collections loose most of their underlying profundity, while lessening the impact of the technical prowess behind them.

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ronin View Post
                I think being too over-the-top makes the collections loose most of their underlying profundity
                Exactly! Clothing isn't and will never be at the point where this collection would reasonably push it's boundaries in the majority of even minority. It's too far off the rails that we consider it costume or art rather than anything remotely 'wearable'. This collection is also lacking any relatable pieces that help to better contextualize the more sculptural pieces, which is the usual course for CDG.

That said, I still enjoy it.

Comment

• Lex1017
                  • Jul 2015

I love it. I just think from a design standpoint trying to draft a pattern for these pieces is incredible. I like to think of how they are constructed from the inside out to be wearable on the body but look and move the way they do on the outside. I get that no one (for the most part) wears this stuff but it is wearable. I also admire her using several revenue streams in order to be able to have complete artistic control over this line. Very cool.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ronin View Post
                    One could call it challenging the boundaries of clothing, or one could call it the perks of being 73 and so unanimously respected you can do whatever the heck you like. Still provides my biyearly dose of sartorial fun, but I too liked it better when it could be rendered in real life, and when there was something more to it. I think being too over-the-top makes the collections loose most of their underlying profundity, while lessening the impact of the technical prowess behind them.
                    Bingo

In our own Cintra Wilson's immortal words, "If Marni is post-sex, Comme des Garcons is post-reason."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎