• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Thom Browne Men's FW16

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Comment

• Guun
          • Nov 2014

Fairly cohesive collection with great use of texture. Seems like Browne is exploring a new direction. Apart from the dog bags, I enjoyed the somewhat dark, foreboding dystopian vibe, and slightly less structured tailoring
          insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• AVerdantShore
            • Jan 2011

I almost appreciate the opening pair the most, but there's a wonderful vibe to the collection, as a whole--almost with a subtle nod to some Chanel jackets from the early years that I've seen. Hopefully it also translates to a sales perspective, because it's hard to see many people wearing these, head to toe.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Fashion's falling apart. It's fraying at the ages, it's decaying. It's deconstructing itself.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

I assume the 3 versions' prices for all the articles go up accordingly from new - distressed - heavily distressed if they ever make it to stores?

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

i love this. as usual.

only problem is the stores seem to always just buy the same old thing...
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

That's why we have the TB boutique in New York.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                      I assume the 3 versions' prices for all the articles go up accordingly from new - distressed - heavily distressed if they ever make it to stores?
                      Yes Browne said that there's obviously more work to be done on the heavily distressed(or aged) garments, so i would assume the prices would match that.

This collection was so strong both aesthetically and conceptually. With the F/W showings being so tame this time around, i'm not surprised that this one was my favorite. TB seems to never disappoint. I hope he doesn't cease with the theatrics either. Unlike Rick's sometimes "distracting" shows, i believe Browne's presentations really benefit from unusual catwalk staging.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

You guys are right. This entire season of collections was subdued and tame... Thank goodness for Thom Browne for continuing his vision. In this case, I thought this was a great continuation from F/W 2015 with more black garments and textiles and as you point out; a more deconstructed angle.

Also, if you guys want to find the less mundane pieces, the JP auctions are sometimes a great place and then as Faust points out - the TB boutique in NYC. They're super nice there!

F/W 2016 will save me massive $$$ since I pretty much hate every collection so will spend on TB and BBS.

Thanks Thom Browne for keeping hope alive.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎