X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david s
    • Jul 2010

Junya Watanabe Womens F/W 2016 - Paris

Last edited by david s; 03-07-2016, 07:58 PM.
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser
  • david s
    • Jul 2010

It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

Comment

• david s
      • Jul 2010

It's absolutely Hedious!
      shy poser

Comment

• david s
        • Jul 2010

It's absolutely Hedious!
        shy poser

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

real bad man!

showing these young punks heights they'll never reach.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I feel bad for the stores that have to work with JW and CDG these days, haha.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
              • Sep 2015

Welp, this was quite the trip. I do wonder how many of these tops/dresses will actually end up OTR, and how much they will be when they hit the racks lol. All of these looks are virtually cloth gardens.

As a side note, I believe you accidentally put in a Chalayan look.
              who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

Am I the only one who is tired of this technical, geometric direction Junya has been riding for the past four seasons? I prefer his deconstruction to his construction, which sits in this weird unsatisfactory middle ground between current CDG and Noir or Issey Miyake for me. Its just too sterile. I'll take crusty SS14 collection over this any day.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

You are not the only one, Aussie.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                    • Aug 2011

Has Junya given up? I found myself getting bored scrolling down the page. Which I didn't think would happen with interestingly constructed geometric pieces.

Pretty much just wear a black catsuit with a large hollow soccer ball for a coat.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

I see your points, aussy and GlassOrganelle. Felt so myself. Scrolling down and thinking "ok, i saw these pleats and folds before, we did them all the time (in paper) at art school, et cetera" but when I hit the round headpieces, I was blown.

This one especially. So fiercy and sexy (is something wrong with me?) and all of a sudden the whole thing made sense.
                      I think it’s a good balance to the very graphic shapes within the garments, and I think it works very well on the runway.

Not so sure about how it will look on the street.

Funny that you mention that, E.
                      Usually cornershop owners freak out over magazines with "gimmicks" in wrapping foil, because they never fit the shelves (yes, I look at you, you White Dwarf Warhammer figurine magazine…). Would be interesting to know what boutique owners think of dresses with 2 cubicmeters.

Comment

• YohjiIsLife
                        • May 2015

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                        Am I the only one who is tired of this technical, geometric direction Junya has been riding for the past four seasons? I prefer his deconstruction to his construction, which sits in this weird unsatisfactory middle ground between current CDG and Noir or Issey Miyake for me. Its just too sterile. I'll take crusty SS14 collection over this any day.
                        Yes, I am also very bored with these collections that he insist on churning out. You've said it perfectly: It's just too sterile. When I look back to those collections I adored from Junya (FW 00, SS 03, FW 06, FW O8, SS 09, FW 10) what won me over was his ability to tell a story, purely trough cloth.

This geometric sculptures just tell me nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎