Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAVIS / D: Personal Garments

Default DAVIS / D: Personal Garments

This thread will be updated whenever i get around to making a new garment. Also, reason why i started this thread is because i'd rather post what i make here rather than in the "post your creations" thread instead.

I took up sewing as a hobby (which in retrospect, i don't know why i waited so long to do so) with the intentions of being able to make my own clothes whenever i feel like it. While i have zero desire to be a fashion designer (there's enough in the market as it is) sometime down the line i'd like to be able to just make clothes for friends, family and most importantly, for myself. It's still learning process and hopefully with each new garment i get better at it.
    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

Default Long Body S/S T-shirt

Long Body S/S Shirt

Fabric: Oatmeal light-weight Rayon jersey

Length: 37 inches

Details

- Overcast stitching

- 3/4 length slim sleeves

- Unfinished Hemline and sleeves (neckband was added later on)

- Wide neckline (because NYC in the summer was too damn hot!)

Last edited by NOHSAD; 10-04-2016 at 10:49 PM.
    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

Default Long Body L/S T-shirt

Long Body L/S T-shirt

Fabric: Black medium-weight Cotton knit jersey

length: 38 inches

Details

- Loose overcast stitching

- Contrast stitching

- Unfinished sleeve and hemline

Wanted a t-shirt that would be suitable for the Fall/Winter months. Lucked out on the cotton knit jersey at one of my local fabric stores, the weight is ideal and after cutting/sewing, i'm satisfied with how it came out.

Last edited by NOHSAD; 10-04-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Good to see you continuing this thread, NOHSAD. I remember the shirts from some time ago. Your efforts are encouraging- hand sewing shirts and coats are on my to do list. Although much more labor intensive than a sewing machine I think I can get up to speed much faster and experiment with stitches that could only be done by hand. Looking forward to your next efforts.

Nice work! Just curious, how did you learn your sewing technique? Attending workshop or books? I had the idea of making clothes for a long while and I recently want to put that in practice. Any suggestions will be appreciated!
    Never dress down.

Default L/S Curved T-Shirt

L/S Curved Shirt

Fabric: Black medium weight cotton jersey

Body Length: 36 inches (from top shoulder seam to the bottom of the hemline)

Details:

- scalloped/curved unfinished hemline

- curved sleeve seams + unfinished sleeve hem

- slit side seams

I made this garment last month, but forgot to post it. It’s called curved T-shirt simply because of the hemline and most importantly the curved sleeve seams. The goal was to form the sleeve of the shirt by curving it as well as having the seam start + connect at the shoulder seam as oppose to the underarm area of the side seam. I believe it turned out good, as the shoulder + sleeve seams lines up perfectly (making it look uniformed) and for my first try at making curved seam sleeve, it came out good. The sleeves have a bit of stacking to it, which is a personal plus for me.

If I can do something different, it'd be to make the sleeve length longer and perhaps make the curves start higher up on the sleeve for a more defined stacking.

*Currently right now i'm reading up on shirting construction and considering what details i'd want the garment to have. The next post I make on here will be of the button up shirt that I've been putting off for a while haha.

Last edited by NOHSAD; 12-11-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Misc. Pictures of the Button Shirt Shirt I've started the process of making.

Back Bodice Pattern

Front Bodice Pattern

Base Design Drawing

When it comes to drawing designs, I'm not much for detailed drawings. What I draw up serves as a baseline/point of reference for the kind of general look I want the garment to be. That's paired up with writing down the details of the garment on the side (type of fabric used, seams/stitches used, certain measurements & design details etc.). I'm more for visuals in the sense of going to a fabric store and touching and seeing potential fabrics for what I plan to make, picturing it in my head how it could come out and if I like it then I'll give it a chance.
    Last edited by NOHSAD; 03-07-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Button Down Shirt: Sleeve Pattern

Strange D,

did you delete your pics?
    somehow i cannot see anything
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    Strange D,

did you delete your pics?
    somehow i cannot see anything
    Really? Every picture loads up fine on my end. If it's the recent pictures i've posted then i'll re-upload them, see if that fixes it.

LEATHER SLING / BAG

BODY: Horween Horsehide Tumbled Leather

LINING: 100% Linen

HARDWARE: Riri M6 Zipper & 1" Inch Nickle Metal Buckle

BAG STRAP: 100% Cowhide Leather Blank

/ D

BAND COLLAR / SHIRT

- 100% LINEN

- EXTENDED TORSO LENGTH

- BAND STYLE NECK COLLAR

- METAL SHIRT BUTTONS HAND STITCHED FINISH

- ROTATED SHOULDER SEAM

- VENT STYLE SLEEVES

/ D

Last edited by NOHSAD; 08-01-2018 at 11:53 AM.

do get your material locally or from websites?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnchowyun View Post
    do get your material locally or from websites?

Both. Depending on what I plan to make, I either go to my local spots or buy from online. Local or online though, I always try to buy within the US/Canada

I just wanted to say that bag is stunning

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Elizatits View Post
    I just wanted to say that bag is
    stunning
    Thank you Elizatits. Plan to do a revision of the bag later on this Fall/Winter, nothing drastic but some improvements and slight visual changes.

/ D

D, very nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Elizatits View Post
    I just wanted to say that bag is stunning
    Agreed

STAND COLLAR / WORK JKT

- Minimal design unlined jacket based on Workwear clothing
    - Flat seam construction
    - Stand collar
    - Two front patch pockets
    - 4 button front closure

Fabric: 7.8 oz Linen Blend Canvas

Fabric: 55% Linen 45% Cotton

Trim: 19mm two hole metal buttons

/ D

11R / JEANS

Fabric :Brushed Stretch Twill

Fabric Content: 98% Cotton 2% Stretch

- 3 Pocket Skinny Jeans

- Curved legs from the knee down

- 3 button fly closure

/ D