X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    i have literally zero friends, acquaintances, peers, coworkers or colleagues that would even remotely understand why a 7 year old shirt from a defunct fashion label is literally a holy grail for me. so i post it here. it generates conversation and a joyful interaction. i don't post every purchase i make in here, only the rare and cool stuff. if this thread's existence is solely to provide a format for selfish boasting and bragging then lets delete it and we can all sit around in silence staring at our computer screens being cooler than cool, like well dressed hyper-judgemental wussies. personally i don't think thats the only reason for its existence.

aren't we already doing this?

anyway, nice post.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      c, i didn't think it was directed at you
      i think maybe it wasn't also (he may actually have been agreeing with me ) but i still felt like spouting off.

oh and thanks Shucks
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        hmmm...

its early and i'm a sensitive guy so i'm not sure if that post from beardown was directed at me specifically but i'm not going to debate it. i get it, i get what you're saying, and in many ways i agree. nor will i debate the merits of taking a photo of an item to post on the internet versus taking a photo of myself wearing an item to post on the internet.

i can only state my thoughts on my posting habits. i don't post pictures of myself online because in my world and in my industry a certain amount of anonymity with respect to posting on a fashion forum is in my best interest. good, bad or otherwise, thats the real world. i think posting in waywt is a good thing and i'm glad people do it, because it is nice to see the garments in use and see other people's take on styling, etc. that's why i said i felt guilty taking and not giving back, which was also kind of a joke. secondly, i share these purchases i've made with people because for me this whole thing is supposed to be fun. as a social creature, sharing the experience is part of that fun. i have literally zero friends, acquaintances, peers, coworkers or colleagues that would even remotely understand why a 7 year old shirt from a defunct fashion label is literally a holy grail for me. so i post it here. it generates conversation and a joyful interaction. i don't post every purchase i make in here, only the rare and cool stuff. if this thread's existence is solely to provide a format for selfish boasting and bragging then lets delete it and we can all sit around in silence staring at our computer screens being cooler than cool, like well dressed hyper-judgemental wussies. personally i don't think thats the only reason for its existence.
        CJ,

Absolutely not directed at you. I didn't read very far back...it was a general observation and I just really wanted to talk about swinging dicks more than anything. Honestly, I have respect for a lot of people on here who have earned it through various, different ways...I have respect for you so please don't take that as a dig.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Lane
          • Aug 2010

you know...its not that serious. People like posting in here because we all enjoy these brands, and want to show each other what we enjoy. I dunno bout you guys, but I don't really have anyone to share my excitement for buying what I buy. In fact I more often than not get scolded.

There are many different reasons why people post here. Yes, it might be showboating at times, but cmon do we really need to take this false moral high ground or interject in this manner? People are taking photos of stuff they bought to receive the feel of approval and camaraderie in a sense. I think people are too sensitive about something they could simply overlook if it bothers them that much.

In fact I say this as someone who simply browses through this thread cuz I'm curious about peoples purchasing habits, but I am too lazy and don't care enough to show every one of mine.

Comment

• lost53
            • Dec 2010

^"In fact I more often than not get scolded" ^

Glad, and extremely relieved... I though I was the only one.. I get roughed up even when I take 50% off the price!!!

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

So... Should I bother posting up that picture of my dick, or is it too late? It took a lot of work to get a good snap of it, is all.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Spencer
                  • Feb 2007

No Beau my friend. You are clearly inebriated. Put down that cocktail.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                    So... Should I bother posting up that picture of my dick, or is it too late? It took a lot of work to get a good snap of it, is all.
                    I didn't think I was a member of a forum like this.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• asakawa
                      • Jan 2011

Congraturations !!
                      Notorious Y's "shyacho" boots !!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                        No Beau my friend. You are clearly inebriated. Put down that cocktail.
                        You know me too well! Guess I'm usually a bit more subtle about it.

Well I'll play tonight. Here's the dick I bought tonight. (For real) We'll see if I can integrate it.

Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

i've been looking to buy a dick like that as well

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                            CJ,

Absolutely not directed at you. I didn't read very far back...it was a general observation and I just really wanted to talk about swinging dicks more than anything. Honestly, I have respect for a lot of people on here who have earned it through various, different ways...I have respect for you so please don't take that as a dig.
                            yeah i kind of figured that and the feeling is mutual for sure so my apologies for biting back like i did if it came across as a jab at you. you're one of my fave's around here so no worries.

maybe when i read it i felt like i should take the opportunity to explain myself just in case anyone out there did think of me as a meat spinning douchebag.

Last edited by cjbreed; 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

dick pics of lil big kunk would incur the image-size wrath of e and lowrey

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

heh. love it when sz goes locker room.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡