Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Received the RO High Neck Intarsia in Black, LS lamb, from Luisa, and returned it the very next day.
    The LS lamb leather from Luisa was so different from the ones I saw in Tokyo. The leather on the Tokyo pieces was very smooth, beautiful, whereas the one from Luisa had all these ugly natural textures on it, which were unevenly distributed over the whole jacket.
    What a disappointment.

Comment

• premierminister
      • Jul 2008

The textures on my jacket are not a big thing. I like this "natural" aspect. And the jacket is soft like butter. Are you sure the Intarsia in Tokyo was the same LS lamb?

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
        • Mar 2007

Positive.
        It was the soft buttery LS lamb leather, in a perfect weight, with it's smooth refined natural texture that attracted me when I saw it in Tokyo. Thinking it would be the same, and at a much more competitive price, I ordered from Luisa, only to receive what I would consider a vastly inferior and "ugly" piece, no fault of the retailer of course, just my bad luck.

Comment

• premierminister
          • Jul 2008

If you look close-up to the pictures on Luisas website you already see the "problem".

Possibly this is the reason for the different prices.

My S/S 09 jacket in "the same" LS Lamb (same model with lower neck) is absolutely perfect. No textures at all. But it was 1900 Euro, that's 300 Euro more than the Intarsia from Luisa. Perhaps prices vary with the fineness of the leather.

I think this LS Lamb is much better than last seasons Calf. That looks like plastic, but was very clean ;-)

Comment

• premierminister
            • Jul 2008

Talked to a sales rep from Apartment Berlin. He confirmed that there a different qualities of lamb-leather even in the same collection, the same model and the same finish.

He has a LS Lamb Intarsia with high neck in store that has no disturbing textures. He says the lamb leather is ultra soft, still heavy and very smooth.

Price is 1.950 Euro!!! So it's 300 Euro more expensive than the jacket you purchased from Luisa.

I'm now pretty sure that the leather varies and that's why the pricing varies too.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

It's down to the luck of the draw. I'm perfectly aware there'll be differing qualities/grades within even the same batch/collection. That's why I said it's just my bad luck, i'm in no way blaming RO or Luisa. However, I don't think that the differing prices are reflective of the 'grade' of the leather. Luisa's always had better prices than most other retailers, and their goods are no inferior than others.

I had the ss09 moto-collar intarsia in the LS lamb, and the leather was perfection, as you described. The leather of the current season High Neck Intarsia LS lamb I saw in Tokyo was of that same refined quality, except in a heavier, fall weight.

Comment

• premierminister
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                Luisa's always had better prices than most other retailers, and their goods are no inferior than others.
                That's right, but in most cases Luisas prices are 30-100 Euros better than other retailers (depending on the total price). Not 350 Euro.

And I've also seen pieces that are priced with the same or a higher price than other retailers!

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

Yeah, mine literally couldn't be smoother, has almost no texture.

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                  It's down to the luck of the draw. I'm perfectly aware there'll be differing qualities/grades within even the same batch/collection. That's why I said it's just my bad luck, i'm in no way blaming RO or Luisa. However, I don't think that the differing prices are reflective of the 'grade' of the leather. Luisa's always had better prices than most other retailers, and their goods are no inferior than others.

I had the ss09 moto-collar intarsia in the LS lamb, and the leather was perfection, as you described. The leather of the current season High Neck Intarsia LS lamb I saw in Tokyo was of that same refined quality, except in a heavier, fall weight.

Comment

• birdytg
                    • Feb 2010

Congratulation Mike, that's a BEAUTIFUL coat!
                    http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                    http://www.birdytg.com
                    www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                    http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• Epoc
                      • Dec 2008

recent as in a week ago

CDIEM

Comment

• mumma
                        • Oct 2008

A.P.C. moleskin grey suit
                        JIL SANDER SS10 short-sleeves knit
                        PETAR PETROV AW10 bondage shirt
                        RAF SIMONS AW05 wool turtleneck
                        PETAR PETROV AW09 sweatshirt
                        VERONIQUE BRANQUINHO AW07 shirt
                        LOUPEON — archival fashion project.
                        Web store focused on collectible garments from avant-garde European designers.
                        www.loupeon.com

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

epoc, the laces on those are so cool. everytime i see those boots i'm enthralled with them.

thanks cj.

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
                            Had given up finding this:

[IMG]Yohji bag[/IMG]
                            [thumbsup] nice, it's big and perfect for goingon away for a weekend. Have used mine to the university the last months. Good when you have gloves/scarfs/beanies, but not ideal for books n' shit.

Comment

• eckblk
                              • Mar 2010

Oiled Horse in Muta-Black; not sure what that means
                              From Darklands.

Comment

• CUTUP
                                • Sep 2009

Patiently ( ok not so patiently) awaiting my first Yohan Sarfaty piece

And some brown boots

After this I have to put some stuff up for sale, going to be going on my honeymoon soon, and I sure as hell dont want to tell the missus we have to go to a lesser resort due to my current purchases...
                                Originally posted by marco-von
                                this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎