X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

the danger of assumptions.........

If your statements includes me, let me say that I still wear my stuff now as I did then,
    I even just remembered this morning a pair of Donald J Pliner red boots I had and asked my wife if I left it in Jamaica

I was not referring to his purchases, but to Wil's statement that his clothing could fit into any SZ wardrobe..........

My argument then, and now is the same there is a significant difference......not all blacks are created equal

it doesnt really matter man
    Originally posted by Eternal
    FFS, stop being such elitists. You guys were wearing worse shit back in 2007 and posting it all here. He is clearly interested in the forum and what it have to offer, maybe his style is changing?
    Last edited by zamb; 11-22-2011, 07:30 PM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

whilst learning, the camera is best left at bay.
      Last edited by Dane; 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Eternal
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

it's not about being an elitist as much as laughing at a complete tool. this defence force is equally as annoying.
          and honestly i've had that exact same stuff being shoved into my face by italians before. glad you got them instead.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
            FFS, stop being such elitists. You guys were wearing worse shit back in 2007 and posting it all here. He is clearly interested in the forum and what it have to offer, maybe his style is changing?
            I wish you, and everyone else, would stop throwing around "elitism" like it's a dirty douche bag. Since when did upholding standards is a bad thing? SZ is about quality and appreciation of a certain group of designers that produce beautiful and interesting clothing. Proud to be an elitist.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
              • Jan 2011

^ america has hated ivory towers since day one...

jock vs nerd get at me bro lol

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                ^ america has hated ivory towers since day one...

jock vs nerd get at me bro lol
                Reminds me of an old Russian joke. In a crowded bus an old, well-dressed professor hands a ticket to a big young fellow in front him and timidly asks, "Excuse me, could you please validate this for me?" The jock turns to him and says rudely, "What are you, some kind of an intellectual?" To which the old man hastily replies, "No, no, I'm a redneck, just like you."
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

yea, it's not a bad thing to be an elitist. just another complex, one of many

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Love this shirt, amazing details, 92% Wool, 8% Metal .
                    Can be worn as a shirt or open as a light jacket, sort of like Carpe Diem heavy linen shirts, but more interesting IMO.
                    Thanks again to Pita.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

^ does it fit loose(r) ish at the elbow/forearm area...? thats what I got from my impression of the cut and the only reason i shy away

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Yeah it's cut looser in the elbow to allow for more free movement, kinda like their curved leg pants. If it bothers you, you can always have it altered.

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Elitism is not the best way to describe SZ although it's probably the most natural choice of descriptions. People here just like to talk about the same shit without having to sift through the other crap. This place is no better than others, it's just more specifically targeted at a certain group. This isn't a forum to please everybody either, no single forum can. Imagine standing around a circle with five of your friends circle jerking off to your favorite basketball cards, then a random dude comes and throws in some football cards. Yes, we're all here to talk about clothing - but we're not here to talk about all types of clothing. That's naturally where the perceived 'elitism' comes in.

Although I agree, people should be much nicer in the way they do it. Most of the time, sending a private message suffices instead of trying to publicly humiliate somebody for your own internetz rep.

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

Raw. That LEU shirt is awesome. Where did you pick it up?
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

I bought it from Ink when I was in HK. They now have 30% off on their LeU stock so cop quick, they only stocked one of each size.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                                Love this shirt, amazing details, 92% Wool, 8% Metal .
                                Can be worn as a shirt or open as a light jacket, sort of like Carpe Diem heavy linen shirts, but more interesting IMO.
                                Thanks again to Pita.
                                I have the same shirt and it's absolutely fantastic. Never thought I'd wear a button up again in my life, but this is great. Just don't wear it with white, the gray will rub off.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎