Page 15 of 1199 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast

Thread: Your recent purchases

Default Re: Your recent purchases

Wow laika, that knit is fantastic! I really need to get my hands on some Ann D. Finally got another pair of boots (so you don't have to see "miu miu boots" in every "what are you wearing today" post anymore)! Dior chelsea's from eluxury sale. Strange thing is, they are advertised and shown as grey chelsea's, but now that I have them they are actually a medium brown color with a bit of a patina. It's not problem though, before they went I sale I wanted brown boots (to compliment my black ones) and they are really beautiful. But still, it's strange, I've seen the grey boots in person and these definitately are not them.

Right now I'm wearing them around the house to make sure they're comfortable, last pair of Dior sneaks I bought a size too small, they felt good in store but when I walk around for awhile my toes feel crushed, but so far the boots feel good.

Hard to say how they look from the picture, but they should be a good classic piece in your wardrobe. I hope Buttero still produces DH footwear, then you are in good hands quality-wise.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Here's a better pic since at don't have anything better to do at the moment (set against my lovely piano bench), the flash has made them appear a little lighter then they are. They seem to be of excellent quality, can any confirm if the shoes are still made by Buttero?

Wicked boots!

Those seem to be a perfect color, especially if they are a bit darker as you say.

Nice boots!

Thanks for the comments guys. I hesitated for a split second because it wasn't black, but the light color is really lovely, like a cobweb. I also got a Y's knit from yoox that I was lusting over at the Yohji boutique this summer. Kind of hard to photograph though, and yoox did a really crap job.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

great sweater laika :) congrats. yeah i wish i was lucky enough to see some of the pieces in person before buying on yoox- yoox makes everything look 10x worse than it actually looks usually

Just picked up a costume national dress shirt. white with thin blue vertical stripes. Nice slim fit via darts etc.

Was back and forth on picking up a pair of Paul Smith Red Ears for 200, opted not to, though I'm still thinking....

not too many interesting left at cloak - had a friend pick up some steel selvedge jeans for me.

[quote user="minomni"]

not too many interesting left at cloak - had a friend pick up some steel selvedge jeans for me.

[/quote]

I concur. I like the jeans but my thighs don't fit into them.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

great sweater laika :) congrats. yeah i wish i was lucky enough to see some of the pieces in person before buying on yoox- yoox makes everything look 10x worse than it actually looks usually

[/quote]

It's so true. I have to look through season photos first, because there are some incredible pieces that just look so terrible on Yoox that I literally wouldn't even look twice at them if I hadn't known what they looked like before hand.

Picked myself up a Tiger of Sweden one button. Nice and slim, dark brown.

Just got these 40% off from Dior Las Vegas. I was worried about the fit of the suit because I had tried on similar suits but not this one before, but I really loved it from the runway and I've been itching for another suit (I only had one before). It couldn't fit more perfectly, the pants are just right and so is the jacket, looks just like the runway. I was afriad IT 46 would be too tight on the waist but it's perfect! I'm so pleased. I'll post pics later of me wearing it if I get a chance, but for now here's the runway shot:

And here's my haul: Dior fine line suit, grey sweater and silver card holder:

on a shoe shopping spree lately. Was debating between the burgundy
    carpe diem boots at A. and the JL, but I finally just got myself the
    john lobb brooklands boots in the same red museum antique finish.

Uniqlo Bluemark t-shirt
    Famous Aspect No. 1
    Marc Jacobs henley
    Bless no.22 pin

Is Famous Aspect a mag? What's it like?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Cloak FW06 Dress Shirt [amazing]

Cloak SS05 Sleevless Hoodie [Thanks faust!]

Lad Musician Tee 'kissmyass' [back reads 'no one is innocent']

Undercover 'but beautiful' Lamb's Wool Leather Boots

nice haul, andrew. i really like the boots. how is the lamb's wool used?

The leather is made of super soft sheepskin, it has boiled wool on top of the leather,
    which looks really crazy.

very nice, i like the effect. [Y]

Yes, Faust, Famous Aspect is a new magazine being published by
    the design studio Kon/Structur- it features special articles/spreads
    produced by Bless, Maison Martin Margiela, Yohji Yamamoto, and
    ZERO Maria Cornejo, along with design/architecture by Dumb Type
    and Shigeru Ban. Came with a soundtrack cd of minimal electronica
    from the record label Mille Plateaux.