X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Macuser- That tux looks fantastic! Great purchase and it just goes to show Yoox' pictures stink! haha

I had to return my Jil Sander shoes today :( as they were too big for me (I knew they ran a bit big, but I didn't know it was a full size or more...). So I exhanged them for the Raf Simons black pointy toe lace ups. They are quite a different look but I love em and they were cheaper. :)

But, if anyone was looking for those Jil Sander lace ups in brown and is a size 12.5-13US, call up Barneys in LA. There are only 2 sizes left, that one and a size 7.5. (this is for all the Barneys country wide..Jil shoes sold well apparently)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• boxma
      • Feb 2007

bought the lanvin coat and yohji coat in black,already broke before christmas [:'(]

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

boxma, did you get that lanvin coat from barneys at madison?
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Joe
          • Jun 2007

Both coat's look really good - really can't decide which one I like the most.I hope you remembered to buy christmas presents before buying them though. ;)

Comment

• mesh
            • Dec 2006

Nice picks box.

Faust, I am really feeling yohji these days though I still don't have anything from him. I don't like his relaxed aesthetic but does he also haveregular fitting clothes thatare still yy and not y's? I know we went into this in another thread but I'm still unclear.

Comment

• sbw4224
              • Sep 2006

Mesh, what turns you off from Y's? It seems like Y's fits your description exactly - Yohji's clothes but a slimmer, leaner look than his runway collections.

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

Scott to be honest, I haven't really handled many y's pieces or seen enough pics but the stufffrom the yy thread like the blue coat and things on the atelier site are to my liking. I don't wear crazy shit nor do I wear dress conservatively but I do like nice twists (and colors) and I think yy provides that. Funny thing is though that some yy pics I see the clothes are very relaxed and in other pics like atelier they look normal which is what I'm after.

I know maxfield carries yy and douglas fir carries y's, but nobody has a comprehensive selection. When I was in NYC I walked right by the yy store dismissing it and now I'm kicking myself. I love the quality and how the garments feel substantial. We need a yy store here.

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

I think you would really like Y's, then. I'm sorta in the same boat as you and I find the YY line sometimes too loud for my tastes. I think A's buy on YY this season shows how great and subtle some pieces can really be, but on a whole I think Y's is usually a lot more basic (and slimmer as well).

Comment

• boxma
                    • Feb 2007

[quote user="mesh"]

Nice picks box.

Faust, I am really feeling yohji these days though I still don't have anything from him. I don't like his relaxed aesthetic but does he also haveregular fitting clothes thatare still yy and not y's? I know we went into this in another thread but I'm still unclear.

[/quote]

The YY coat only looks big in the picture but actually it is very slim fit after all the buttons are closed. Mine is size 3, and it fits even smaller than Dior Homme size 48. I really love the way it drapes on the body.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Mesh, I agree with sbw - it seems like Y's is right up your alley. You might have trouble finding a good stock of Y's in LA though. Yohji mainline is usually loose, but it does have some not oversized clothes.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Unfortunate and sad, but true. We here in LA have a pretty pathetic selection to peruse when it come to Y's. For a city that identifies itself as a consumers' haven, it sure does fall short a lot.

Update on the A suit: Jo Jo gave me a call yesterday telling me that they would refund me for the suit. I'm posting this as it wouldn't be fair for me to complain about something that went wrong and not praise them for making things right. I really have to give props to Karlo here. This was my first purchase with him and he was very kind and helpful through the whole process. Satoru was very helpful as always as well. Karlo, Jo Jo and Sato! You guys fucking rock!! [Y] I've never had to return something to you guys. Now that I have, I see that you strive to please and this customer appreciates it! Thank you Atelier!

Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• mesh
                          • Dec 2006

Good to hear they're stand up guys for that suit.

Thanks box, scott, faust and dhc. I have no problem finding most shit here (hell we have a lot I didn't find in NY)but anything yohji is a bit of a unicorn in LA. I haven't been to traffic in awhile so I don't know if they still carry it. The coats don't look oversize and A's buy def does not either, I think it's only select pieces he does like that so I will keep a closer eye on this stuff going forward.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

knew that suit situation was going to resolve itself.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

dave i'm happy the suit worked out for you. like i said there's no need to worry w A. coolest cats in town.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

A bit late but I'll echo everyone's sentiments here. The guys at A are stand up guys and extremely professional every step of the way.

I wonder if they're going to get the suit repaired...

Where will your hunt for a suit take you now Dave?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎