X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Don't know if it's of any interest, but just noticed the zippers on this jacket are riri, I vaguely remember an old thread saying they were a sign of quality. Maybe the quality for Jil Sander won't decline under the new ownership/desinger?
    music

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

they better be riri if they're on a $600 jacket. unlike raf's new season... (yes i'm still bitter)

Comment

• butbeautiful
        • Sep 2006

bought these magazines recently and i'm really enjoyed the pretty new magazine, fashion inc and china edition of MILK magazine.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

they better be riri if they're on a $600 jacket. unlike raf's new season... (yes i'm still bitter)

[/quote]

Every zipper I've seen on Poell boots was YKK....Anyone knows what Premiata use on their zipper boots? BTW I’m surprised Jil Sander doesn’t use Lampo like a lot of Italian fashion brands (including higher end prada?)

Cold is pissed at Raf, told you to take a look at the collection before buying :P

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

yeah. i don't know why he chooses ykk on his boots (raf by the way didn't even use ykk. i think they went to the corner store and bought from the clearance bin. and i don't have the luxury of checking them out before buying!!). cdiem and number(n)ine use riri as far as i can tell. i've had riri zips on some of my prada items....

Comment

• droogist
              • Sep 2006

Hmm...is all this zipper snobbery really necessary?[^o)] I can't even remember the last time a zipper broke on me - be it YKK or RIRI or what have you - but from the sound of it, you guys go through them like toilet paper lol.

casem83 - amazing jacket, and you look amazing in it.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

well, if you're going to design a season centered around zippers, you might want to get zippers that aren't a bitch to *try* to zip (emphasize TRY, because it got caught in fabric every single time i tried to use it). and its just a nice touch - a buttery zipper to go with buttery leather [;)]

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="droogist"]

Hmm...is all this zipper snobbery really necessary?[^o)] I can't even remember the last time a zipper broke on me - be it YKK or RIRI or what have you - but from the sound of it, you guys go through them like toilet paper lol.

[/quote]

I give my zippers a thorough work out!!! Lol. Actually I do like good zippers, I think functionally and aesthetically it's an important part of a garment (let's face it, for something like that classic Margiela biker jacket, zippers are what makes it what it is). It doesn't really matter who made the zipper, as long as it doesn't break, functions properly, and looks good.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• olle
                    • Dec 2006

Lovikka. It's getting cold!

Comment

• khiev
                      • Nov 2006

[quote user="droogist"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately, I can testify to that statement. The bottom zipper (YKK!!) on my left CCP boots broke. I was 'fortunate' enough that it happened to be the bottom one or else I wouldnt even have been able to zip up the boots! Unfortunately, good quality zippers do matter, and I would rather pay a little extra for a designer to fix the weak link of an otherwise superb boots.

Comment

• onemancult
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"](raf by the way didn't even use ykk. i think they went to the corner store and bought from the clearance bin. and i don't have the luxury of checking them out before buying!!). [/quote]

i'm assuming this fact would extend to the multi-zip motorcycleboots from this season that i am trying to convince myself i don't need?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

i don't know, the zip pulls look different so they might be a different zip. i'd hope so at least.

Comment

• nairb49
                            • Dec 2006

casem, the jacket looks great, and a good fitting jacket is worth its weight in gold. I take my "nay" back!

Comment

• khiev
                              • Nov 2006

I just canceled my order for the Ann Dem peacoat from aloha (I'm still ordering the hoodie though). Since I'm already going to buy a bespoke 45rpm, I figured that I'd rather save the $600+ and spend a couple more on another bespoke.

I've also returned my John Lobb boots. While their leather and construction was spectacular, I simply wasn't enamored with its last. Instead, I decided to get the berluti piercing in a black purple patina because I truly love my masai. Now, I just need to get some CCP boots in gray to feel like I've amassed a pretty good basic and versatile shoe collection.

Comment

• djrajio
                                • Sep 2006

I too was considering some bespoke John Lobbs but after actually seeing some in person, I wasn't impressed. Berluti make AMAZING shoes. I love their patina/finishes that they use. Very beautiful. I'm considering either a pair of Beluti or Satoni's myself after the holiday season...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎